Rams Tendering LT Alaric Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
4.9 mil? I guess they feel he's in the plans......at least for 2024

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Good to see the tender. I think he is fairly underrated and he's young. He's a decent pass blocker that doesn't allow a ton of sacks - I think 5 last year. He has also had 21 starts and only one career holding call. Looks like we'll be running right or middle. Lock him up and move on.
I agree. He was a steady player last season, in general. Not a penalty prone guy either. I commented similarly about AJ elsewhere in this thread. I think that he has plenty of upside too, especially with the new interior O line roster.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I think the Rams MUST secure Alaric as LT for next year. It would be such a mistake to let him go even for a second. Let’s say the Rams draft a LT @ #19. That could be a disaster… Remember Greg Robinson? Remember Jason Smith? There is no guarantee any drafted player will be better at LT. Jackson is not an all-pro but he’s young and start-able at one of the most important positions in football. I hope they don’t undervalue him!

dang

Legend
I think the Rams MUST secure Alaric as LT for next year. It would be such a mistake to let him go even for a second. Let’s say the Rams draft a LT @ #19. That could be a disaster… Remember Greg Robinson? Remember Jason Smith? There is no guarantee any drafted player will be better at LT. Jackson is not an all-pro but he’s young and start-able at one of the most important positions in football. I hope they don’t undervalue him!
I tend to agree that keeping AJax and drafting a R3 Tackle like the kid from Yale makes a lot of sense. But I gotta believe the Rams know AJax is not the long term LT solution.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

For sure - I did state I heard that it was still an option,which made NO SENSE for The Rams not to do this.

Now The Big Question is how much is Alaric going to get PAID ?

IMO it might be too rich for The Rams taste ? At least they can get a 2nd rd pick which would help them move up to take 1 of The Top 3 DE/OLB’s. Latu,Turner,or Vasser ?

I so want The Rams to take Payton Wilson.He will add what Avila/Dotson did for the Offensive front. He can come off the edge ,play man on TE’s,134 tackles,plus excellent cover skills & catches players from behind.

Of course there are a couple CB’s whose value might be to high.

dang

Legend
I believe it to be.

Do you think there is a team that will give up a 2nd for AJ?
I think there’s a 40% chance at least one team sees AJax as a potential starter (OT or OG) worthy of a R2 pick and $4.8m. But wtf do I know?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think there’s a 40% chance at least one team sees AJax as a potential starter (OT or OG) worthy of a R2 pick and $4.8m. But wtf do I know?
I don’t think 4.8m is unreasonable for AJ, but I think teams may pass due to the 2nd.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
40% eh? They're gonna have to pay him considerably more than 4.8 mil. Is he gonna go somewhere else for 5.0 mil, 1 year when he could stay here and start for sure? Of course some team could offer him a 3 year deal worth 30-36 mil (way cheap for a starting LT) and he'd bolt. I don't know if we'd match that but who knows? Probably unless the guaranteed money is off the charts. He's getting 4.9 guarantee with the Rams.

BTW, if Carolina signed him it would be pick #33. That's almost a first!!! And combined with our #19, we could get as high as #8. Gonna be a LT there?

dang

Legend
40% eh? They're gonna have to pay him considerably more than 4.8 mil. Is he gonna go somewhere else for 5.0 mil, 1 year when he could stay here and start for sure? Of course some team could offer him a 3 year deal worth 30-36 mil (way cheap for a starting LT) and he'd bolt. I don't know if we'd match that but who knows? Probably unless the guaranteed money is off the charts. He's getting 4.9 guarantee with the Rams.

BTW, if Carolina signed him it would be pick #33. That's almost a first!!! And combined with our #19, we could get as high as #8. Gonna be a LT there?
It just looks like a win either way for the Rams. If they get to keep AJax they get at the very least a very solid swing Tackle for $4.8m, perhaps a 2024 bridge LT until a Draft pick gears up or at best a true starting LT who the Rams have a chance to extend. If they lose AJax they get another valuable draft chip to use or trade.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think a few of the posters on this thread are underestimating Jackson. One sack allowed? What more do you want from a a left tackle, should he be sacking the opposing QB also?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It just looks like a win either way for the Rams. If they get to keep AJax they get at the very least a very solid swing Tackle for $4.8m, perhaps a 2024 bridge LT until a Draft pick gears up or at best a true starting LT who the Rams have a chance to extend. If they lose AJax they get another valuable draft chip to use or trade.
It is win-win. If he stays, fine. We have a LT for 1 more year who allowed only 1 sack. If we renegotiate a deal with him, fine. If somebody gives us a 2nd round for him, we pocket 5 mil, move up and draft Alt or Fanashu or somebody else. I'm not underestimating him, I just need to see him do it again in 2024. And it would appear, the Rams are betting they'll get him for 4.9 or if somebody offers him a low deal, they'll get him for a low deal for 3 or so years. I'll pose a question. Is he better than all of the five top LTs in the draft might be? I don't know. If he stays and we don't take one, I hope so. I stressed "might be" because we don't know. But a lot of 'experts' believe a couple of them are gonna be off the charts.

Anybody remember that video of Alaric, talking about getting more money? We'll see if anybody thinks he's worth a solid deal and a 2nd round pick. The good news is, if somebody offers him a low deal and he signs, then we match, he can't be mad at the Rams.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think a few of the posters on this thread are underestimating Jackson. One sack allowed? What more do you want from a a left tackle, should he be sacking the opposing QB also?
Yeah, I think what fans see is he seems like he has to fight like hell against, above average pass rushers, to keep Stafford clean. Often giving ground, but just getting it done in the nick of time. He doesn't make it look easy like Whitworth or like your elite LTs of the past. He's a lunchpail guy and the fear is against elite fronts he will struggle more.

dang

Legend
I’m probably one. I like playing fantasy football and try to build the perfect roster thru weekly waiver wire picks. Most of the time it works. Other times it blows up because I should have been content with my roster. Ajax is better than average and could ascend to good. I should be content but I want another Pace or Whit at LT….and I want it now. Let’s Give Stafford the Great Wall of China for his last 2-3 years of his career.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I believe it to be.

Do you think there is a team that will give up a 2nd for AJ?
He's listed at 285 on pro football reference. If he really is, that seems pretty light for a LT.

We now have a half ton of beef in the middle with a huge RT in Havs. How many teams can do with a LT that is a little light in the pants? I'm guessing not many.

AJ can add some pounds and keep his agility as he's young enough. But that still means patience - which there seems to be little of in the Not For Long NFL.

I really hope we keep AJ. He's no all pro but he will not hurt you.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He's listed at 285 on pro football reference. If he really is, that seems pretty light for a LT.

We now have a half ton of beef in the middle with a huge RT in Havs. How many teams can do with a LT that is a little light in the pants? I'm guessing not many.

AJ can add some pounds and keep his agility as he's young enough. But that still means patience - which there seems to be little of in the Not For Long NFL.

I really hope we keep AJ. He's no all pro but he will not hurt you.
He played at 330+ in 22 and closer to 315 last year.
That’s all directly from his mouth.