Rams Tendering LT Alaric Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I prefer they put a round 2 tender on him. But who knows with the Rams. Snead and his 3D chess bullshit.

Ram65

Legend
It seems to me that the Rams have gaged the market for players pretty well in the past. There are many moving parts to the Rams and other NFl teams to know exactly what/why they are basing decisions on. I trust the Rams processes. No team gets it right all the time. Resigning Dotson was a great move to keep the O Line on an upward trajectory. I sense the Rams could make a multi-year deal once AJ gets offers if they feel he is the best option moving forward.

Edit: A three-year deal that gets AJ around 4.2M plus average with more would be great if the Rams feel he is the future. He could still get a big payday on his next contract.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Mind you, I wouldn't mind taking someone like Kiran Amegadjie (probably my favorite developmental left tackle) as a potential left tackle of the future with #83, but I think A-Jax has more than earned a second-round tender.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Really ? How many new players & rookies did The Rams have last season(2023) ?
Idk if I understand what you’re saying. The new players in 23 played a roll in health too. Nobody played as much football in 2021 as the Rams (and Bengals) so the spike in injuries in 2022 wasn’t that much of a surprise. All that extra time off allows the body to heal.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm buying this if, and only if, he signs long term with the Rams before hitting the FA market. Like Dotson, they dont need the market to kick in so they know what he's worth
If he gets 5-8 mill per season elsewhere and the Rams dont match, they come away looking a bit foolish
I'd agree but I was just going off what Sneed said flat out. He mentioned letting these guys see what's out there etc.

dang

Legend
Mind you, I wouldn't mind taking someone like Kiran Amegadjie (probably my favorite developmental left tackle) as a potential left tackle of the future with #83, but I think A-Jax has more than earned a second-round tender.
And Rams deserve a 2nd round pick should someone else sign AJax for developing him.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Now all the overreacting can be taken back. Yeah like that'll happen.
They haven't tendered him a 2nd round comp yet. Truly hope they do, but no decision yet.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After giving this more thought, I think the 2nd round tender would make the most sense. He was much better than I recalled last year and I would feel great with him starting at LT

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Idk if I understand what you’re saying. The new players in 23 played a roll in health too. Nobody played as much football in 2021 as the Rams (and Bengals) so the spike in injuries in 2022 wasn’t that much of a surprise. All that extra time off allows the body to heal.
Well Jalen Ramsey was hurt this year.
Matthew Stafford finally took care of himself,so that might have been the case ?
As far as Cooper Kupp - he was healthier in training camp 2022 than 2023.
Notebooms injury wasn’t because of the playoffs ?
I don’t understand how you can make such a vague statement. There were more starters playing in the preseason in 2023 than 2022.Maybe that was it ?
Cam Akers ?
—Yes Van Jefferson’s injury,but he got traded with Cam Akers so that didn’t matter & Cam Akers was hurt the WHOLE season with the Vikings .
Stafford & Kupp both got hurt basically because of Bobby Evan’s & Zach Thomas almost did the same before DORSON took over.
Steve Avila was a ROOKIE Starting every game so the time off for him & Young & Turner doesn’t count.

I could(can) go on,but you should get my drift ? I don’t know what injuries & extra games caused all those injuries in 2022 vs. 2023 ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anchrum first play he started in 2022 ? Brian Allen ,but he’s always been hurt ?
Alaric Jackson’s bloodclot ?
Kyren Williams being hurt before training camp in OTA’s ?
David Long or Hill ?
Taylor Rapp who Eric Wesley took his spot ?
Nick (FS) got paid
Gaines got got paid & both The Rams got Comp picks for !!!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Well Jalen Ramsey was hurt this year.
Matthew Stafford finally took care of himself,so that might have been the case ?
As far as Cooper Kupp - he was healthier in training camp 2022 than 2023.
Notebooms injury wasn’t because of the playoffs ?
I don’t understand how you can make such a vague statement. There were more starters playing in the preseason in 2023 than 2022.Maybe that was it ?
Cam Akers ?
—Yes Van Jefferson’s injury,but he got traded with Cam Akers so that didn’t matter & Cam Akers was hurt the WHOLE season with the Vikings .
Stafford & Kupp both got hurt basically because of Bobby Evan’s & Zach Thomas almost did the same before DORSON took over.
Steve Avila was a ROOKIE Starting every game so the time off for him & Young & Turner doesn’t count.

I could(can) go on,but you should get my drift ? I don’t know what injuries & extra games caused all those injuries in 2022 vs. 2023 ??

Huh? I’m really confused at what you’re saying.

I’m pointing out the correlation between the injury spike in 2022 coming after a season the rams went to and won a Super Bowl, then having fewer injuries in 2023 because half the team sat out in 2022.

I guess I’m not really comprehending what you’re saying.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

indiana jones father GIF

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I’m pointing out the correlation between the injury spike in 2022 coming after a season the rams went to and won a Super Bowl, then having fewer injuries in 2023 because half the team sat out in 2022.

I guess I’m not really comprehending what you’re saying.

— You had me erase a huge section which was actually good.

I guess I get your answer ? Still not true in a lot of ways.

— Matthew Stafford,AD99, & Cooper Kupp all sat out in 2022 the whole 2nd half of the season.

It did’t help Kupp.His knee & ankle needed more time to heal.This season he should be healthier than 2023.

The 2024 season AD99 & Stafford should be healthier as well even though The Rams had a Road Playoff Game.

If The Rams were in a Playoff Race in 2022 you BET YOUR AZZ they would have been in.I think Alaric Jackson as well. —Noteboom payed the Price though..

In theory & getting Mathew Stafford right in the off season was big.Went through all of training. CAmp.Yet without the bye week 2023 would have been a disaster !!