Rams sign Wes Welker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I don't think he has much left to offer at this point but it sure doesn't hurt to sign him and give it a shot. With Stedman being out he's got a good opportunity.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
this just screams desperate for answers but they probably won't get any

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Gurley, Austin, Britt, Quick and now Welker. Who are they going to stop? I cannot wait for last 8 games. :party::popcorn::popcorn:

Haha, where is your blue font for that comment? ;)

RamzFanz

Damnit
Wes Welker is back.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the former Patriots and Broncos wideout signed a deal with the St. Louis Rams, per a source informed of the team's plans. Coach Jeff Fisher later confirmed the addition during a meeting with reporters.

Welker's one-year deal allows him to earn, along with his base salary, up to $700K in incentives, based on playing time and catches, Rapoport added, per a source involved with the negotiations.

Welker worked out Monday for the Rams amid word that receiverStedman Bailey will serve a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Welker hasn't appeared in a game since catching two passes last season for 42 yards against the Raiders in Week 17. A string of concussions sunk Welker's career with the Broncos, but the Ramshaven't forgotten how productive the 34-year-old pass-catcher was during six outstanding campaigns with the Patriots.

"We've done physicals, we've done everything," Fisher said Monday of Welker, adding: "I think he'll eventually move some chains for us."

The Rams need all the help they can get through the air. Outside of Tavon Austin, St. Louis doesn't have a single player with more than 20 catches. If Welker can still play, he could see plenty of snaps for a team in need of a spark.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000576758/article/wes-welker-expected-to-sign-with-rams

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I like it. Welker is a guy capable of moving the chains on 3rd down. Best of all....he CATCHES THE BALL!!! Stay healthy son!!!
That is AWESOME that you're his father. You never let us know until now? ;)

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
i disagree. he needed the win attitude from the cheats.

maybe he can stand next to fisher on the sideline and be in his ear the whole game, "try to win the game, go for the td, don't let the other team hang around, go for the td, let's put some freaking points on the board, go for the td, don't call 3 freaking runs up the middle on the edge of fg range, go for the td,............". crap like that.

I'm going to get a t-shirt printed saying "Punting's for pansies"

maximus

Rookie

Cignetti needs to watch this tape( and more), see how NE and Denver used Welker, incorporate those plays into his playcalling.

If Welker is close to his old self, defenses will have to worry about 3 weapons (TG, TA, Welker), it will create opportunities for other skill players.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'm going to get a t-shirt printed saying "Punting's for pansies"
While you're printing, do some unis for the receivers that say, "Foles! Throw it here!" with an arrow pointing to the chin. With any luck, if the receivers can't catch the ball, it'll stick in their face mask. ;)

RedRam

Pro Bowler
BTW, I like the move. Hopefully, guys will see it as a sign that they're not getting it done catching the ball and step it up. There's somebody that could come in and take their spot.

RamzFanz

Damnit
While you're printing, do some unis for the receivers that say, "Foles! Throw it here!" with an arrow pointing to the chin. With any luck, if the receivers can't catch the ball, it'll stick in their face mask. ;)

I wonder if a penis pump works on receiver's fingers?

EkmCnt1.png

Made you look! :yess:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Welker still might need a bleaching to make sure he is fully disinfected!;)

A full hazmat intervention. But two seasons with Denver was a good first step. Now we need to revive his career and beat the Patriots in the SB. That's all.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
BTW, I like the move. Hopefully, guys will see it as a sign that they're not getting it done catching the ball and step it up. There's somebody that could come in and take their spot.

Fire under our WRs arses - Britt seems to have disappeared maybe theres a new instagram video of his wife's ass out there that I need to see - I've given up on the Quick experiment (i never liked it) and Bailey is gone for 4 games (again)