Rams sign Bobby Wagner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Oh, my bad, I got your self described description below your avatar mixed up. It's, beer slamming, hog "farming".

Totally on me man
I'm kind of retarded so I'm sure I messed it up. Haha.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Capitalizing HATE for Reeder is an exaggeration. I don't think people here hate him, they just hate too many of his decisions, too many mistakes, and too many missed tackles.

I love the guys effort and apparent dedication and availability, which I call as I see it, but I'm also gonna call the results on the field every time.

I have no problem with the rams keeping him, although I doubt they will, I just don't like him starting.

Well I don’t see any reason to keep him really at this point.Bobby Wagner signing for 5 years & such an upgrade it’s better to develop a younger player & solid on special teams.

Ranma

Rookie
Mike Florio, Pro Football Talk (NBC Sports) 4/4/2022
Reported as a five-year, $50 million deal, the contract pays out $6.5 million in 2022, with another $3.5 million guaranteed in 2023.

Here are the full details:

1. Signing bonus: $5 million.

2. 2022 base salary: $1.5 million, fully guaranteed.

3. 2023 90-man roster bonus: $3.5 million, fully guaranteed as of April 8, 2022.

4. 2023 base salary: $7.5 million.

5. 2024 90-man roster bonus: $2.5 million, guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed as of the fifth day of the 2023 league year.

6. 2024 base salary: $8.5 million.

7. 2025 90-man roster bonus: $2.5 million.

8. 2025 base salary: $8 million.

9. 2025 90-man roster bonus: $2.5 million.

10. 2026 base salary: $8.5 million.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I'm not even certain what that means ... 'Pays Out"?!? Not impressed by Mike Florio.

There are two numbers that matter to Wagner. The $ he receives in 2022; and the total guaranteed-$.

To a Rams' fan, the number that most matters is Neither of the above. It's the 2022 Cap-Hit to the Rams.

$6.5M seems Low to me for $ Wagner will receive in 2022.

$6.5M seems High to me for the Cap-Hit to the Rams.

Just got to wait-and-see on Wagner's deal.
It looks like Mike Florio got it right ... Damn! I hate to say that!!

Per Spotrac, the amount 'paid-out' to Wagner for 2022 is only $6.5M. Good job Mike Florio! Kill-Me-Now.

However, most important, the details are very cap-friendly to the Rams for 2022 ... just $2.5M.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I recall Jeff Fisher had a phase “Bobby Wagner mad” he’d use every once in a while to Snead, as a measure of disagreement

I believe he used that in reference to us drafting Mo Alexander (that he would be "Bobby Wagner mad" if we didn't take him).

Goes to show you that for every Bobby Wagner there's a....well, a Mo Alexander.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Yes, a very good rule to live by.

Given what we know now, would anyone have been pissed if we had taken Kupp in the 2nd round instead of the 3rd? Or for that matter, had we, instead of taking Robinson at pick 2 in 2014, taken AD instead. In both cases, the Rams would have been ripped for taking a player higher than he should have gone, but also, in both cases, those players would have made those arguments moot. Kupp has provided us value that is usually reserved for WRs taken in the top 5 of the first round, and Donald has outperformed numerous guys taken #1 overall.

I get trying to match value to the position in the draft where a player is taken, but sometimes there is too much focus on that and causes people to overthink shit. If you like a guy and know he can help you, you've got to tune that shit out and just take him when you can.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That's why I shake my head when somebody says, "they didn't need to draft him there, they could have got him later". If you like the guy and you trust your scouts, as the Rams obviously do, take him. Much better to have the guy earlier than he's "projected", than not having him at all.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's why I shake my head when somebody says, "they didn't need to draft him there, they could have got him later". If you like the guy and you trust your scouts, as the Rams obviously do, take him. Much better to have the guy earlier than he's "projected", than not having him at all.

Yeah ok, let’s talk Gerald Everett & Mcvay. Still drafted him & got Kupp later. John Johnson was a nice Free Bonus.
I hear what your saying,but there is examples both ways.Think more in earlier rounds with so much scouting on those players.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It looks like Mike Florio got it right ... Damn! I hate to say that!!

Per Spotrac, the amount 'paid-out' to Wagner for 2022 is only $6.5M. Good job Mike Florio! Kill-Me-Now.

However, most important, the details are very cap-friendly to the Rams for 2022 ... just $2.5M.
So much for any narrative about big philosophy change.
I thought 6 million for this year.. wasn’t far off.
Totally reasonable deal.

TexasRam

Legend
Sherman has a surprisingly good radio voice to go with a very unbiased take on most things. He is also well spoken.

I hope he gets it together and leaves the anger stuff in the past. I hate seeing anyone self destruct.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah ok, let’s talk Gerald Everett & Mcvay. Still drafted him & got Kupp later. John Johnson was a nice Free Bonus.
I hear what your saying,but there is examples both ways.Think more in earlier rounds with so much scouting on those players.
They don't all work out. Another angle is, if you don't take them, they definitely don't work out for you. Gotta trust your scouts. Everett, Johnson and Kupp was a great draft, even with Everett not working out and JJ leaving via FA. Sure we could plug in a couple of names for Everett and it would have been better but it was a great draft anyway. They don't all work out.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If Snead selects Wagner in '12, maybe they don't get a crack at AD. Butterfly effect.
Yeah, funny how that could work out. Maybe the Rams D is much better, maybe Fisher gets a winning season & holds onto his job a yr longer & McVay is now coaching the Niners?

Used to think the same about the disasterous Bettis trade and what happens if they never had traded him? So if he stays then Faulk never arrives and maybe no SB? Maybe Banks plays a little better and Warner is never signed.

oldnotdead

Legend
His contract is an incredible sweetheart deal for this year. As expected it's 3 years by it's structure with an option to play longer. If he retires or is released after 3 years the dead cap is easily managed.

I expect OBJ to sign next as his contract should have a minimal impact this year and be primarily incentive-driven. I see it being a 4 year deal understanding that this year is questionable. After OBJ then Michel, followed by Gay and Howard.

I really think the Rams will begin to incorporate incentives into their contracts in ways they haven't done previously. Each year if a player performs he gets extra if not he doesn't.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They don't all work out. Another angle is, if you don't take them, they definitely don't work out for you. Gotta trust your scouts. Everett, Johnson and Kupp was a great draft, even with Everett not working out and JJ leaving via FA. Sure we could plug in a couple of names for Everett and it would have been better but it was a great draft anyway. They don't all work out.

Yeah George Kittle was on my draft list around 4th.
Cook
Kupp
Kittles
I would have missed on the Bills wr Z.Jones, which makes things funnier. I liked D. Cook & I believe Z.Jones was traded from The Rams.

Anyway no looking back