Rams sign Bobby Wagner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
You arent following the conversation, I didnt say they were all home grown. They were homegrown OR developed (AKA NOT Free agent)
Only Reggie was a free agent, or "bought" of the starting 9
Actually Dieter he’s 8 out of 9 correct on the players via trade or FA

Yankees absolutely did not “develop” from his list;

Rivers
Figueroa
Chambliss
Nettles
Catfish
Piniella
Lyle
Gossage

All were established MLB starters for a minimum 2 years or more

I’ll give you Randolph

Rams
Angels
Ucla

Edit
Crap, didn’t realized the other response, gaaaah!

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
LARams (riding the wave)
Balt Orioles (painful for too long)
LALakers (painful recently)
Montreal Canadiens
UVA baseball and basketball
James Madison University (alma mater) and VA Tech football
Holy shit man, I have the same top 4...kind of random teams too, I'm stunned someone else on here likes the Orioles and especially the Canadiens!!! My dad was born and raised in Montreal and turned me onto them at a young age (late seventies). They still had a few cups left in them at that stage.....

MD Terps for college hoops and football for me though.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Rivers
Figueroa
Chambliss
Nettles
Catfish
Piniella
Lyle
Gossage

I’ll give you Randolph

Rams
Angels
Ucla
Any Yankee fan will acknowledge, they didn't develop much of the roster during that run in the 70's. The traded for established players or signed free agents. That's why they were so hated. But that 90's team, they developed a lot of those guys. Jeter, Posada, Bernie Williams, Andy Pettitte, Mariano Rivera, Ramiro Mendoza, Shane Spencer, Ricky Ledee and Jim Leyritz. They developed and traded other guys like Roberto Kelly, Sterling Hitchcock, Gerald Williams, Bob Wickman to get guys like Paul O'Neill, Tino Martinez and Graham Lloyd. The 90's had a lot of guys from the farm system. The 70's teams, not so much.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rivers
Figueroa
Chambliss
Nettles
Catfish
Piniella
Lyle
Gossage

I’ll give you Randolph

Rams
Angels
Ucla

Edit
Crap, didn’t realized the other response, gaaaah!
My goodness, the point, was that a poster claimed the Yankees of the 70's were "bought" with free agents, in comparison to the Dodgers. Which wasnt true, Reggie was a free agent but the rest of the 9 were either homegrown or gotten thru trades of prospects.
It became like a game of telephone where each person put their spin on it until it became something else. Lol

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I can't believe the Rams got such a stud for the middle of the field.

Now when AD penetrates we won't have to worry about getting gashed in the run game. I'm positive Wagner will fill the gap AD leaves behind.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yes. I've already advocated for trading Rapp & our late 3'rd round pick to move up into a better position to draft an OG or CB. I wonder if Staley & the Chargers might be interested ? Moving Rapp also opens up near $2.5M in available CAP.

As far as a FS goes, I'd prefer to see a draft pick compete with some of our other developmental players and how they stack up. We can always look at veteran players released following the final camp cuts after the pre-season ends.

As I question how to spend some of our remaining CAP dollars, outside of Obj, DE Morgan Fox may offer the biggest bang for the buck.
jmo.
I still believe that Terrell Burgess had the ability to start @ safety in this secondary before his bad foot/ankle injury back in 2020. Going into 2022 TB should be fully healed going into training camp/ preseason and be able to compete fully with Nick Scott & Jordan Fuller to be a starter at one of those safety posts.

TB was highly versatile to play deep or up close but he was a shell of his former self last season when we saw him. DC Morris could badly use a new good drafted deep safety.

Last edited:

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

I can't believe the Rams got such a stud for the middle of the field.

Now when AD penetrates we won't have to worry about getting gashed in the run game. I'm positive Wagner will fill the gap AD leaves behind.

This. We've seen where AD shoots gaps and leaves a space for a RB to gash through, but Wagz being the player he is can certainly work off of that to cover the space(s) left. Wagz also can probably shed blockers better than all of our LBs... I haven't seen enough film to see this as his strength, but we know with all-pro LBs that's what they do.

This defense needs to not be top 5 allowing broken tackles like they were last year. Minus Reeder and adding Wagz, it's got to improve.

oldnotdead

Legend
PFT is reporting that Bobby's cap this year is cap friendly and will be about $6M which is in line with what I've been told. At least one of those 5 years is a void year. I was told it was basically a 3 year deal by structure but leaving open the option for him to play longer if his production warranted it. That it also contains lots of incentives as well.

This leaves open room for Gay, and Howard to be brought back. AD's and Kupp's contract should then clear enough for OBJ, and Michel. IMO the biggest question is whether or not they will clear enough for one more addition via a trade for an edge player. Everything I've been told so far is bearing out.

Getting Wagner is a game changer as it will change how Morris can play his defense. and shores up the run defense.

dang

Legend
Holy shit man, I have the same top 4...kind of random teams too, I'm stunned someone else on here likes the Orioles and especially the Canadiens!!! My dad was born and raised in Montreal and turned me onto them at a young age (late seventies). They still had a few cups left in them at that stage.....

MD Terps for college hoops and football for me though.
Yeah gotta stick with your teams through good times and bad times. I don’t follow hockey too much anymore but back in the day street hockey was big for kids in the neighborhood (until too many sticks to faces made the parent confiscated our nets) so had to pick a favorite team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
People talk about AD a lot, but Jalen has been such a great Ram and teammate. And is always trying to recruit. I love me some Ramsey.
Ottoman(Ram) your speaking my lounge today. We’ve been posting together about what Jalen means to The Rams.NEVER understood how people(Ram Fans) can bash Jalen about what he has done as a Ram player.
—Raheem Morris as well for all the Head choppers & firing him mid-season. If we are talking about Bobby Wagner & play calling how does that work? Talk about solidify the D”!!!

Von Miller was never coming back & not worth what Bobby Wagner is going to mean. I get the HATE for Troy Reeder.I loved Reeder(blue eyes) because of how the defense was always playing at a high level.If teams were picking on him he would come through on the MONEY DOWNS.
Those 4th down stops all season were Awesome.Getting side tracked,but I really like have a HOF DL,LB, & DB in meetings & leadership in all 3 groups.
-The Young Rams are really going to improve so much. The Rams under Les Snead has always been the Youngest in The NFL every season.
—Last season The Rams went all in with bringing in NFL Veterans to close the season out. Back to the beginning of 2022 things reset again.

OTA’s & preseason is what makes Sean Mcvay The Best.The coaching staff really coach the young players up. That’s the next player up mentality.