Rams select Zach Evans (RB) with the 215th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Ehhh...that wasn't pretty. Thats the type of D we're gonna see against San Fran and he couldn't get anything going. Hopefully our oline opens more holes for him, if not, doesn't look like he's slippery enough to make some.
Yeah. Just gotta hope the dude is all-in. If he is then he's got the talent to help us. Main worry is Cam missing time, but we'll see how shit sorts in camp. Rams have a type though at RB and maybe this time it pays off.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I forgot to add.... Akers looked great down the stretch, and his struggles early on could easily be pinned on factors beyond himself, like an insanely awful o-line decimated by injuries.

But I think the jury is still out on if Cam can bounce back from his achilles injury, given how much of a roller coaster last season was. I am optimistic. He finished strong. The o-line should be worlds better. And perhaps he just needed more time to heal, explaining the early vs. late season contrast.

But if the 2023-24 season reveals Akes cannot bounce back and that he is cooked post-achilles injury, lost his burst, etc.... which I do think is one of many plausible future scenarios.... is Evans immediately our RB1 (if no other roster moves are made)?

Kind of a scary thought, given his injury/fumble/pass protection/attitude concerns, as great as he looks with the ball in his hands.

Who else do we even have other than Akers and Evans? Williams and some UDFAs?
I keep wondering what is on the draft menu for 2024. If the Rams are one of the worst teams then future QB, WR and RB may be picks 1-2-3.

If they are decent then OLT may be in the mix (move AJ to ORT when Rob moves on?). In that case it could be either a WR or OLT and a RB.

Tano

Legend
I keep wondering what is on the draft menu for 2024. If the Rams are one of the worst teams then future QB, WR and RB may be picks 1-2-3.

If they are decent then OLT may be in the mix (move AJ to ORT when Rob moves on?). In that case it could be either a WR or OLT and a RB.
I think QB is in the mix at 1 2 or 3 no matter what since Stafford isn't going to last much longer.

Stetson may become a good back-up but I don't think he will ever be a good starter.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Re: RB specifically if we get to midseason and Akers is dinged up and the fucking backup options cannot move the offense and we're considering pissing away another draft pick to solve what should have been an avoidable problem... I would fire every fucking scout who has anything to do with our RB selections over the past years. Because I am goddamn tired of watching other teams take better backs and us needing to make moves to fix entirely avoidable situations.

RB is not fucking hard. It's not. Rams are making this hard. So if we end up with the same shit, I would wield a fucking battle axe in that scout room. Heads would roll.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think QB is in the mix at 1 2 or 3 no matter what since Stafford isn't going to last much longer.

Stetson may become a good back-up but I don't think he will ever be a good starter.
I just read an article about next years draft. Dane Brugler has the Rams picking a Corner at the 9th pick. Kool-Aid McKinstry. I guess it’s possible if they pick in that area.

Tano

Legend
Re: RB specifically if we get to midseason and Akers is dinged up and the fucking backup options cannot move the offense and we're considering pissing away another draft pick to solve what should have been an avoidable problem... I would fire every fucking scout who has anything to do with our RB selections over the past years. Because I am goddamn tired of watching other teams take better backs and us needing to make moves to fix entirely avoidable situations.

RB is not fucking hard. It's not. Rams are making this hard. So if we end up with the same shit, I would wield a fucking battle axe in that scout room. Heads would roll.
Horror 80S GIF

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm a little pissed off to see Vaughn go off in front of our faces to Dallas. Gotta admit that. But this role is really important to us. Akers has not been able to avoid injury. We need stability back there.

At this point hoping they have a good plan with UDFAs. Gonna need them all over for this roster but RB should have some too.
I do wonder if the Rams were interested in Vaughn. My guess is yes and they panicked because Evans was their last draftable back. I did like a few backs that went after Evans (McBride - but has no receiving chops, McIntosh - who only has receiving chops), but I thought Evans was the best all around back left.
Agreed. He's not the guy who is willing to beat his head against a tough front. But give him a seam and he goes. I think Hendy was quicker too. This guy is more powerful which I do like and his stiff arm is excellent.

If all goes to plan though Akers has a career year then leaves to get us a comp pick. :beer2::hug:
If Akers has a career year, I'm sure Rams would tender him with 2nd round comp. He'd have to have a monster year for another team to offer that and a new contract to him. My guess is he's here at least 2 more seasons.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

"I know, right?" ~ Jahmyr

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
There was a goal line run in one of those where the guy got hit and stood up immediately but powered through it into the end zone anyway. THAT's the stuff I like to see.
How about that run where he took it outside and he splits those two defenders.
He knocked them both on their rear end and one out of bounds and he cuts back inside for another 15 yards.

That was pretty badass.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

My goodness you're still pissed off about the RB selection?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMzetR6i0gM

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My goodness you're still pissed off about the RB selection?
Yeah I am. Gotta be honest. Tired of that position relying on guys who cannot be relied upon. Feel like I'm on crazy pills when it comes to the Rams and RB.

Again though we are due to hit on one of these dice rolls. Maybe we hit on this one. Or maybe Akers is so damn good it doesn't matter.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I am. Gotta be honest. Tired of that position relying on guys who cannot be relied upon. Feel like I'm on crazy pills when it comes to the Rams and RB.

Again though we are due to hit on one of these dice rolls. Maybe we hit on this one. Or maybe Akers is so damn good it doesn't matter.
Here's a thought

Give the guy a fucking chance before you right him off as a piece of shit and a bust.

Just a thought

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's a thought

Give the guy a fucking chance before you right him off as a piece of shit and a bust.

Just a thought
I never called him a piece of shit. I correctly observed he's unreliable. So spare me your self-righteous bullshit.

And here's a thought for you. Give people room to voice their concerns without trying to be a fucking hall monitor in every thread. It's exhausting.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never called him a piece of shit. I correctly observed he's unreliable. So spare me your self-righteous bullshit.

And here's a thought for you. Give people room to voice their concerns without trying to be a fucking hall monitor in every thread. It's exhausting.
You've given so many negative comments about his ability and availability and his choice in shoes that you most certainly have. You may not have used those words and you may think you're not shitting on him. But you're absolutely wrong. A week later you're still on him in his draft thread.

Let
the
young
man
play
a
fucking
game
for
the
Rams

Holy shit this crusade is amazing.