Rams select Zach Evans (RB) with the 215th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I forgot to add.... Akers looked great down the stretch, and his struggles early on could easily be pinned on factors beyond himself, like an insanely awful o-line decimated by injuries.

But I think the jury is still out on if Cam can bounce back from his achilles injury, given how much of a roller coaster last season was. I am optimistic. He finished strong. The o-line should be worlds better. And perhaps he just needed more time to heal, explaining the early vs. late season contrast.

But if the 2023-24 season reveals Akes cannot bounce back and that he is cooked post-achilles injury, lost his burst, etc.... which I do think is one of many plausible future scenarios.... is Evans immediately our RB1 (if no other roster moves are made)?

Kind of a scary thought, given his injury/fumble/pass protection/attitude concerns, as great as he looks with the ball in his hands.

Who else do we even have other than Akers and Evans? Williams and some UDFAs?

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He came to TCU as one of their most hyped recruits and ended up with low carries and didn't do much to move the needle. When that happens there's always reasons behind the scenes and maybe on both sides, but he left TCU with a bit of a stink after assuring them he'd stick around and then went to Ole Miss for that last year and put up 936.

What bugs me is the reliability or lack thereof. But this is a new start for him and this new RB coach of ours undoubtedly signed off on the kid so let's see if he can make him into something.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope he works out. He could be a nice addition. However, injured player in college usually equals injured in the NFL.

I forgot to add.... Akers looked great down the stretch, and his struggles early on could easily be pinned on factors beyond himself, like an insanely awful o-line decimated by injuries.

But I think the jury is still out on if Cam can bounce back from his achilles injury, given how much of a roller coaster last season was. I am optimistic. He finished strong. The o-line should be worlds better. And perhaps he just needed more time to heal, explaining the early vs. late season contrast.

But if the 2023-24 season reveals Akes cannot bounce back and that he is cooked post-achilles injury, lost his burst, etc.... which I do think is one of many plausible future scenarios.... is Evans immediately our RB1 (if no other roster moves are made)?

Kind of a scary thought, given his injury/fumble/pass protection/attitude concerns, as great as he looks with the ball in his hands.

Who else do we even have other than Akers and Evans? Williams and some UDFAs?
I hope the sign a veteran cheap.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hope he works out. He could be a nice addition. However, injured player in college usually equals injured in the NFL.

I hope the sign a veteran cheap.
Not a lot out there, right now.

Maybe they scour off cuts, later. Lots of RB’s get stashed on practice squads.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Taking this guy in say, the third round would be a terrible gamble.

Maturity problems, fumbles, can't stay healthy.

But then you turn on the tape... wow. Looks like Gurley.

A great risk to take in the 6th. If he can somehow grow up and become a pro, could be a home run. And if he busts, we didn't risk much.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Except the Vikes took the stud from UCF in round 7. We will see though. New RB coach must have liked the kid so maybe this guy just didn't jive with the TCU staff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He came to TCU as one of their most hyped recruits and ended up with low carries and didn't do much to move the needle. When that happens there's always reasons behind the scenes and maybe on both sides, but he left TCU with a bit of a stink after assuring them he'd stick around and then went to Ole Miss for that last year and put up 936.

What bugs me is the reliability or lack thereof. But this is a new start for him and this new RB coach of ours undoubtedly signed off on the kid so let's see if he can make him into something.
Maturity and injuries have been an issue. But keep in mind that he was TCU's leading rusher in 2021 (just ahead of Kendre Miller), despite only playing six games (648 rushing yards in 6 games). Hopefully, he gels with the new HB Coach. Has always been uber talented and a bit of a headcase.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
With Charbonnet going to Seattle, Evans is now on my fantasy radar in dynasty rookie drafts. Combo of legit skills and system fit....

Excited Lets Go GIF by Mind Pump Media

Tano

Legend
From the few plays shown on highlights, he appears to be always moving forward.

He also is good at driving into the pile on these highlights.

Is that something to look forward to on 3rd and short?

nighttrain

Legend
From the few plays shown on highlights, he appears to be always moving forward.

He also is good at driving into the pile on these highlights.

Is that something to look forward to on 3rd and short?
DAMN STRAIGT!
train

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually reminds me of Henderson.
Agreed. He's not the guy who is willing to beat his head against a tough front. But give him a seam and he goes. I think Hendy was quicker too. This guy is more powerful which I do like and his stiff arm is excellent.

If all goes to plan though Akers has a career year then leaves to get us a comp pick. :beer2::hug:

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Runs a little like Dickerson. Upright with a deceptive long stride. Seems like the Rams are going back to their outside zone running game and this could be a great fit.