Rams select Zach Evans (RB) with the 215th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I didn't like Gray.
Rams undoubtedly didn't like him either. I knew that going in. But the bigger backs with physicality do offer stability to the depth role. And that is routinely a problem for us.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't be upset if we doubled up with another HB in the seventh.

Would much prefer we picked Trice or Arquon Bush and a safety.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Our 4th TCU player connection this draft, is it just me or can it be serendipity?

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The RB choice for this season is an underrated storyline for us. We have been screwed by RB over and over and over. Guys not being able to be there when we need them to move the chains.

Draft comes and we move back a million times and end up with a guy who has injury issues and possibly maturity issues too. Nothing against Evans in that regard, I was young too once and a fucking idiot in my time. But this is a really important role for this team and I watch guys like Gray go off in those areas we traded out of.

It pisses me off. Again not Evans' fault. But I really hope this young man is hungry and ready to prove himself because that's what we fucking need round here.

There were a lot of RBs to be had. I’m not that enthused either. Fumbles and injuries with a dash of immaturity? That roster hole has been filled already.

oldnotdead

Legend
Good role player type of bigger RB. I think McVay is going to make a subtle change in his offense where they will try to move the chains more and be a bit more selective as to when to take their deep strike.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There were a lot of RBs to be had. I’m not that enthused either. Fumbles and injuries with a dash of immaturity? That roster hole has been filled already.
High bust chance is not what we needed. We need stability.

This was a Snead pick throwback from Fisher years.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

That’s exactly what I was thinking. RBs must be his blind spot because he’s drafted several of these guys. Guess we’ll be resurrecting the alvin kamara discussion sometime between the second and third preseason game.

Because that’s when one of these backs get a serious injury fighting the other RBs over who gets to sit in the whirlpool first.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully this guy is locked in mentally and ready to fuck shit up. I am rooting for him. Want to make that one clear. My complaints aren't with him by any stretch so hope he is a preseason all-star for us.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
hoping this dude can stay healthy.
Seems to be the biggest ? for this guy .
He has all the ability to be a really good back.
I may be wrong but I think I read that he has yet to last an entire season
without missing time.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Hopefully this guy is locked in mentally and ready to fuck shit up. I am rooting for him. Want to make that one clear. My complaints aren't with him by any stretch so hope he is a preseason all-star for us.

I understand and concur. As long as he’s wearing the Ram uni, I WANT him to turn out.
—just not super excited due to the aforementioned

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This is one of the fulcrum picks of this draft.
This kid plays to his potential and he can make this draft a special one.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

At the point in the draft they took him, I'm completely fine with some risk-to-reward.
If he looks like shit in camp, there are always stable vets out there to get you first and second down carries.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The RB choice for this season is an underrated storyline for us. We have been screwed by RB over and over and over. Guys not being able to be there when we need them to move the chains.

Draft comes and we move back a million times and end up with a guy who has injury issues and possibly maturity issues too. Nothing against Evans in that regard, I was young too once and a fucking idiot in my time. But this is a really important role for this team and I watch guys like Gray go off in those areas we traded out of.

It pisses me off. Again not Evans' fault. But I really hope this young man is hungry and ready to prove himself because that's what we fucking need round here.

I'm not worried. Cam will put it together this season.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Evans looks great on the clips posted!

I did not know about this player coming into the draft.

Like @HE WITH HORNS, I was immediately struck by how similar his running stride and cuts look to Todd Gurley's. With both players, it looks atypically "smooth" visually. It jumped off the screen to me. He showed surprising power too.

I am disappointed to read about him having fumble issues and injury problems. The latter don't usually disappear at the NFL level (defenders are only bigger and stronger). And even the most talented RBs in the league are liabilities if they turn the ball over a ton. Rams fans are already testy with Cam Akers over his fumble concerns.

Add in alleged maturity/character issues, and you get the vibe that Evans will only ever be a frustrating tease....

But for the 6th round selection, I really like this pick. RB is a position of need. Might as well take a flier on a high talent guy.