Rams select Stetson Bennett (QB) with the 128th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I absolutely LOOOOVE this pick. I'm a huge Bennett fan. Dude has a much better arm than given credit for. He's got mobility, can really zip the ball, shows up in the biggest moments and full of swagger and confidence.
Geez the one guy I was counting on to lambaste this pick. I guess it’s true what they say , “beauty is in the eye of the beholder.”

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
His does not have a weak arm, no clue where that fantasy came from. Has won back to back championships and is from the same school as Stafford. Don’t really care about his age or that he got drunk.

Better than Wolford ever thought about being.

The Rams liked him and he’ll have a great opportunity.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure this kid has the throwing ability to ever be a starter. But he's spent his life proving people wrong. As a backup, I get it. He's a gamer who has mobility, intangibles, good mental abilities, and plays his guts out.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Geez the one guy I was counting on to lambaste this pick. I guess it’s true what they say , “beauty is in the eye of the beholder.”
I thought the same when I posted it. I'm like everyone hates it, I love it. Usually I hate it and everyone loves it.

I've dogged on Snead a lot this off-season but I'm loving... LOVING this draft!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I remember you had a post about "maybe it's good when your QB is a cocky SOB."

Time to put that theory to the test. Worked with Baker Mayfield
Cocky SOBs are easy to manage. You just put your foot in their asses when you need to. The hardest ones to manage are the introverts, in my experience at least. So yeah I have no problem with his personality or any of that.

He's just a small guy who is a backup only. Haener would have been similar. Nothing wrong with the pick though.

Hope he kills it this preseason. Because once the season starts it's gonna be on the rough side.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Rams know what they need at QB… They did it well with Goff and they nailed it with Stafford.

I also think we need to look at Stetson closer with an eye toward what the Rams see.

Go Rams!
I think he could become a good back up, fairly quickly. It's said that he mastered the Georgia offense and led them to two national titles. He gets rid of the ball fast and has a decent arm and is accurate. One commentator said that the Georgia offense and the Rams offense are similar and therefore he will understand our offense quickly? Hope so. I would take him over Wolford and the other guy in a heartbeat.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Just saying...I'm not sure i want to draft a QB if he's NOT a cocky dude. You want that guy to be a dog and give me the damn ball guy. I want Fonzie in the huddle down by 7 or less with the last drive of the game....not Richie Cunningham.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess I am in the minority that loved watching this dude play and the skill set he has. I remember him juking defenders and throwing lasers.

I am no draftnik nor do I follow the college game like some of you so what do I know.

I get the size and character concerns.

I guess me, Mcvay and Snead will be alone in our excitement :)
Naw, I'm excited for him and I think CGI is too....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
We now have two QBs on our roster who are both UGA QBs and who have won a championship in SoFi Stadium. What are the odds?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I know highlight videos are only gonna show the good stuff. So I watch for little things. It does seem his arm strength is good enough for the NFL. And obviously better than Wolford or Perkins. Release seems quick enough.

He's a little quicker than I expected. Has nice cut moves when he decides to run with it. I think coming from Georgia Stafford will more likely want to take him under his wing and teach him some things.

We have to remember, he was not drafted to be the heir apparent. He was drafted to be a backup to Stafford. Hopefully he won't be needed. But with enough coaching from McVay and Stafford he should be an upgrade to what they had.

Another thing to consider. Everyone calls this a reach. He shoulda still been available later in the draft. But maybe not. There were 4 quarterbacks taken after they picked Bennett and before their next pick in the 5th round.

Its quite possible one of those teams woulda picked Bennett before the Rams could. I'm sure they had a feel for which teams were gonna target a quarterback. If Bennett was the guy they wanted all along it does make sense to pick him when they did.

oldnotdead

Legend
At this point he's looks better than Haener and a definite upgrade over Wolford. Would seem to indicate that the Rams have a QB targeted next year as the successor to Stafford.