Rams select Stetson Bennett (QB) with the 128th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, it baffles me how any fan could root against one of their teams players. Even if they say they're not, it's obvious that they are. I just don't get it. Same thing with Tutu. We get it, you wouldn't have chosen that player IF you were the GM of an NFL team.......but.....you're not. Root for the players on the roster.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There were too many prospects in the 4th round that will be pushing to become starters in the near future to take a career backup.
Backup QBs are best found in the lower rounds, imo.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Once upon a time in the NFL it was routine to pick backup QBs late. Now, though, starters get paid so much after their rookie contracts that you better have a good backup, preferably on a rookie contract. The Rams tried to go cheap for years until it bit them on the rear last season. They waited until a run started, and apparently got the player they wanted. A little short but otherwise a good backup and a slim but real chance of being a decent starter.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, it baffles me how any fan could root against one of their teams players. Even if they say they're not, it's obvious that they are. I just don't get it. Same thing with Tutu. We get it, you wouldn't have chosen that player IF you were the GM of an NFL team.......but.....you're not. Root for the players on the roster.
100%
May have hated the pick but now you gotta love the player wearing horns

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
After a very shaky start, Stetson showed real ability against the Tenants and can only get better with time.

I’m confident that he will become one of the better backup QBs in the league and won’t let us down if he has to fill in for Stafford this season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, I’m willing to eat some crow. Stetson Bennett IV played extremely well. Yes, it helps that our receiving corps is deep as hell, but I loved how well he processed things.

The only thing I worried about is maturity. Hell of a backup/potential starter to have if he’s grown from his mistakes - and granted, I wasn’t really mature in my early twenties.

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What's cool about Bennett is you could see him adjust in the game. He had yips early but settled down and got himself into rhythm. He took a bad sack outside the pocket then a bit later he's throwing it away as he should be.

Also did you notice the OL surge when he came in the game. It was night and day, guys firing off hard for him. And even when he fucks up his body language doesn't change. There's no head hanging. No head shaking. No happy feet. No nerves that you can see in how he carries himself.

Bottom line is this guy might not be able to start long term at this level (height obviously being his biggest problem) but he has a lot of strengths to him. He's mentally tough, he's smart, and that body language gives his unit hope.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I absolutely love seeing y'all admit opinions and takes that have changed and you've all got a much better opinion of him.

I fully except him to be better game 2..

And I continue my dumbass opinion that he's going to grow into our future starting Super Bowl winning QB!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Brees is 5'10......convince me I'm wrong.

No using this pic.....

View attachment 60694View attachment 60695
1692069250331.jpeg

I reminder that interview, that’s the one where he asked for tree-fiddy.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I find it curious how so many people here are so sure Bennett can't be the future starting qb for the Rams.

What makes them so certain? He looked like a stud out there playing his first time in the nfl.

The difference between him and the other riff raff the Rams have trotted out as back up qbs is night and day.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

I find it curious how so many people here are so sure Bennett can't be the future starting qb for the Rams.

What makes them so certain? He looked like a stud out there playing his first time in the nfl.

The difference between him and the other riff raff the Rams have trotted out as back up qbs is night and day.

I just have a hard time getting past his size and believing he survives a 17 game season.

I fear he would be just good enough to hold the job, but not good enough to win big and again stay healthy.

Pat Haden 2.0

Tano

Legend
I just have a hard time getting past his size and believing he survives a 17 game season.

I fear he would be just good enough to hold the job, but not good enough to win big and again stay healthy.

Pat Haden 2.0
I can see him as a really good game manager. Some starting qbs are game managers. So who knows.