Rams select Stetson Bennett (QB) with the 128th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Yeah, he had a high velocity. A lot of people disregarded it but you watch his combine and training drills and the dude can fucking sling it.

I know it's no pads and in shorts.. but his deep ball at the combine was beautiful.

And he's got such a cocky arrogance about him. I love the kid.

I'ma diehard Hawkeye fan but would turn on Georgia to watch him any chance I could.
I am a little worried that he may not be tall enough. He might have to be a Kyler Murray type QB where he has to run out of the pocket to find a receiver. Otherwise he definitely has the velocity and accuracy to be a good to very good QB.

Psycho_X

Legend
I am a little worried that he may not be tall enough. He might have to be a Kyler Murray type QB where he has to run out of the pocket to find a receiver. Otherwise he definitely has the velocity and accuracy to be a good to very good QB.
Yeah that's really my main concern with him. Defenses will be able to scheme to keep him in pocket if they have the players to do so much like what we've done with Murray over the years. If he is able to move around or get throwing lanes he'll be good.

Thinking about that Kupp throw yesterday in back of endzone you see he has a clear view of him through the line due to blocking.
1690919612663.png

Judge Doom

Margot Robbie's Future Love Slave
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't foresee him ever becoming a star in this league. However, we do need a good backup for Stafford so hopefully he can at least be counted on to be that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah that's really my main concern with him. Defenses will be able to scheme to keep him in pocket if they have the players to do so much like what we've done with Murray over the years. If he is able to move around or get throwing lanes he'll be good.

Thinking about that Kupp throw yesterday in back of endzone you see he has a clear view of him through the line due to blocking.
View attachment 60670

I worry too about his height.

Kyler is listed at 5' 10" which we all know is a lie. LOL

Stetson is 5' 11".

Wolford is 6' 01".

Brees is 6' flat... listed as anyway.

Russ Wilson... aka Umpa Loompa... 5' 11".

It's a real concern. I bet if he was over 6' he would've been drafted much much sooner.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah and Brees is an outlier. One of the few shorter guys who consistently managed to see the field well over his career.

Even Russell Wilson, good as he was in that Seattle offense, has always been a guy you contain to beat. He simply doesn't see well when he can't move around.

But also and btw this is where it's important to observe the Rams got a guy who might have outlier talent at an appropriate spot in the draft. As opposed to rolling the dice, oh, idk, let's say at 1 overall. It's nice to have a young QB who is a gamer as our depth option now, even if he's gonna be limited to some extent. And if he can overcome that height even better.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I worry too about his height.

Stetson is 5' 11".

Wolford is 6' 01".

Brees is 6' flat... listed as anyway.

Russ Wilson... aka Umpa Loompa... 5' 11".

It's a real concern. I bet if he was over 6' he would've been drafted much much sooner.
We need the next Pat Haden! ~ @den-the-coach

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah and Brees is an outlier. One of the few shorter guys who consistently managed to see the field well over his career.

Even Russell Wilson, good as he was in that Seattle offense, has always been a guy you contain to beat. He simply doesn't see well when he can't move around.
If these guys can do it, there is hope for Bennett.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yeah, he had a high velocity. A lot of people disregarded it but you watch his combine and training drills and the dude can fucking sling it.

I know it's no pads and in shorts.. but his deep ball at the combine was beautiful.

And he's got such a cocky arrogance about him. I love the kid.

I'ma diehard Hawkeye fan but would turn on Georgia to watch him any chance I could.

The dude just has that something ... you can't define it or put a finger on it, but you know when they have it.

On another thread we were talking about Tony Banks ... this guy seems like the anti-Tony Banks.

Tano

Legend
I would say at best 5 8 and I am thinking more like 5 7

That's another reason I think the Alabama QB is only going to be good for a couple years before his legs give out as well from all the running around he is going to have to do.

Young is at best 5 7 maybe 5 6 when I saw him compared to other players during OTAs

He is just too small to last long - same as "8 Game Murray"

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Brees was not 6’. The Saints practiced in Oxnard a few years back (10 years maybe) and when he walked up to the crowd signing autographs, I saw the top of his head clear as day. So either I’m 6’3 or he’s 5’10-5’11. I’m 6’1

There was even reports of Brees asking the guy to “bump him up to 6’” predraft. I think it happened.

Stetson is not Brees. All I’m saying is you can win with a short QB.

Murray’s problem isn’t his height, it’s between his ears.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Brees is 5'10......convince me I'm wrong.

No using this pic.....

ScreenShot2013-11-18at3.36.14PM_crop_north.jpg
GleamingWellinformedCoati-max-1mb.gif