Rams select Stetson Bennett (QB) with the 128th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Both Murray and Wussell have better arms than Bennett and better mobility as well.

However, he could be a good back-up. Bennett has a decent arm and decent mobility. Just not as good as the two above him.

His size does worry me about him being a pocket QB but as long as he uses his mobility to find an open receiver first and run second, he could be a Mini Wussell.
for Bennett I believe it will be all about what's between between his ears, from what I've read he is a very cool customer, with better than average intelligence
train

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both Murray and Wussell have better arms than Bennett and better mobility as well.

However, he could be a good back-up. Bennett has a decent arm and decent mobility. Just not as good as the two above him.

His size does worry me about him being a pocket QB but as long as he uses his mobility to find an open receiver first and run second, he could be a Mini Wussell.
This thread is proof positive that the most popular player on the team is the back up QB
Until he actually has to play.....
Alas, the legend grows....

nighttrain

Legend
This thread is proof positive that the most popular player on the team is the back up QB
Alas, the legend grows.

he certainly is not a legend, but controversial, you bet. if the guy was 6'1" or over he just might have been a first round pick.
train

Tano

Legend
After the shit fest last year of the back-up QBs that we had before Baker, I believe this is a valid thread to see if Stetson will be a capable back-up if Stafford goes down again. And Baker wasn't all that great last year. He had one very good game and one very good last quarter. Other than that, Baker was average. I am hoping that if Stafford goes down, that Stetson will be better than Baker.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he certainly is not a legend, but controversial, you bet. if the guy was 6'1" or over he just might have been a first round pick.
train
I dont think its controversial, I think its just overzealous fandom right now. Which is what the off season is all about. Hope springs eternal and all that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After the shit fest last year of the back-up QBs that we had before Baker, I believe this is a valid thread to see if Stetson will be a capable back-up if Stafford goes down again. And Baker wasn't all that great last year. He had one very good game and one very good last quarter. Other than that, Baker was average. I am hoping that if Stafford goes down, that Stetson will be better than Baker.
Well, that shit fest of QB's, and throw in Mannion while we're at it, were all acceptable players in their roles by the coaching staff. They thought they were in good shape, they didnt see a need to upgrade, until the shit hit the fan.
Alas, it will be fun to watch pre-season games with Bennett at the helm, that's for sure

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He will be if he has a better OL in front of him than Baker did. I thought Baker did pretty well under the circumstances of having very few starting skill players to throw to, and a banged up OL trying to protect him and give him time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Who can’t wait to see Stetson Bennett?

This guy is a winner and has a cerebral side to his game. He should be able to adjust to NFL game speed.

His hands are big, 10”. That’s a big deal in the NFL.

He lacks size, but he’s not exactly tiny. An NFL diet should thicken him up.

I love the fit with McVay too. Back to the cerebral thing; he should be able to go toe to toe with Sean in time. Chance for them to really click.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Who can’t wait to see Stetson Bennett?

This guy is a winner and has a cerebral side to his game. He should be able to adjust to NFL game speed.

His hands are big, 10”. That’s a big deal in the NFL.

He lacks size, but he’s not exactly tiny. An NFL diet should thicken him up.

I love the fit with McVay too. Back to the cerebral thing; he should be able to go toe to toe with Sean in time. Chance for them to really click.

Is he the 2nd string QB yet? Maybe once he gets his degree he can graduate to the next level.
—That Ohio State game showed a lot about his character & what a winner he was.That was one of the most impressive comebacks I’d see in National Champ type fame.
—He also was in the running for the Heisman Trophy I believe 2 years in a row?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This guy is a winner and has a cerebral side to his game.
Just curious as to why folks think he has a cerebral upside? I mean, it took him 5+ years of playing college ball before he became successful, and I dont know how smart a guy can be when he wasnt able to earn a degree despite being in college for a laughable, and unprecedented 7 years

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

10,000 out of work comics in LA alone and he's crackin' jokes...

Jimmy Fallon Flirt GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just curious as to why folks think he has a cerebral upside?
I am drawing this conclusion from interviews and his college success.

He seems quick on his feet when he speaks. That stands out to me.

Also… His success in college was less about physical traits… he’s not a big guy or a running QB. For him to win 2 championships he had to be tough between the ears with all the doubters because he’s had them all along the way.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am drawing this conclusion from interviews and his college success.

He seems quick on his feet when he speaks. That stands out to me.

Also… His success in college was less about physical traits… he’s not a big guy or a running QB. For him to win 2 championships he had to be tough between the ears with all the doubters because he’s had them all along the way.
Stetson apologist! It's time to wear a straw boater in Canada, anyways!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stetson apologist! It's time to wear a straw boater in Canada, anyways!
I'll bet he already has a Bennett fathead on his igloo walls.