Rams select Stetson Bennett (QB) with the 128th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
If you’re spending seven years in college - on a fully paid scholarship, no less - you should at least realize that football isn’t forever. One injury, bad play, etc. could get you out of the league, and since he didn’t graduate, that limits him.

The fact that he didn’t care enough to graduate - after seven years full of classes - makes him an idiot. He had a full free ride for seven years. That’s plenty of time to graduate at some class, some major.
Did ya ever attend a institution of higher learning?

I did and from when i started to when I finally threw in towel was from '65 to '72. I ran out dollars and went to work in construction, painting high steel. Smokestacks and high rise buildings. It was only supposed to be a summer job but I liked the work and the dough, and so it goes.
Shit happens!
train

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

I did and from when i started to when I finally threw in towel was from '65 to '72. I ran out dollars and went to work in construction, painting high steel. Smokestacks and high rise buildings. It was only supposed to be a summer job but I liked the work and the dough, and so it goes.
Shit happens!
train
Idiot.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
That's the point, he doesnt belong in a group with other players who are in school for 4-5 years. He's been a college student for 7 years.
7!!!!
Kids graduate from Law school after 7 years and he doesnt have a diploma?
Its an embarrassment, and Georgia should be ashamed of itself.
I hear what you are saying and I agree. But I’m more about the academics of college than sports.

For Georgia- I don’t think any of their fans and alumni really give a crap about these guys and their graduation rates. They care about winning. Plain and simple. They’ve won twice recently- thus everyone is happy and everything is awesome in their minds. That’s all that matters.

jjab360

Legend
If you’re spending seven years in college - on a fully paid scholarship, no less - you should at least realize that football isn’t forever. One injury, bad play, etc. could get you out of the league, and since he didn’t graduate, that limits him.

The fact that he didn’t care enough to graduate - after seven years full of classes - makes him an idiot. He had a full free ride for seven years. That’s plenty of time to graduate at some class, some major.

I'm sorry but summing up a person to being an "idiot" taking into consideration only one facet of their life is ignorant

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Shit happens!
train
I'm sorry but summing up a person to being an "idiot" taking into consideration only one facet of their life is ignorant

Actually, I have not been to college. I wasn’t cut out for school because I constantly argued with teachers over their courses in my senior year - to the point that I had to take a program at a retirement home (work with no payment, in other words) to graduate. My college life was all work.

But had I gotten a full ride to college for seven years, with tutors to help, I sure as shit would’ve gotten a degree for something, even if it’s a useless class like a fair few players take. There’s no excuse not to take advantage of such an opportunity when it’s all but kicking you in the face.

Call me an idiot or ignorant, but I would’ve sold my soul for something like this, and Stetson kicked it down the drain.

nighttrain

Legend
Actually, I have not been to college. I wasn’t cut out for school because I constantly argued with teachers over their courses in my senior year - to the point that I had to take a program at a retirement home (work with no payment, in other words) to graduate. My college life was all work.

But had I gotten a full ride to college for seven years, with tutors to help, I sure as shit would’ve gotten a degree for something, even if it’s a useless class like a fair few players take. There’s no excuse not to take advantage of such an opportunity when it’s all but kicking you in the face.

Call me an idiot or ignorant, but I would’ve sold my soul for something like this, and Stetson kicked it down the drain.
If, and i think he will, end up the Rams backup QB, he will earn $750,000 a year, probably for the next 4 years, that's hardly kicking it down the drain..
train

jjab360

Legend

Stetson found success in his own trade, the college degree was never the goal for him at this point in his life. We all have our own paths to walk, I just don't see the point in judging someone who used a means to an end to chase their dreams.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

Nighttrain has been called worse.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This might set a new record for rookie threads. :laugh4:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This thread is going some wild places... I bet by page 30 we're talking about universal pre-K.
Jersey days are always fun & spirited. You know they’re true fans when a fight breaks out. Then again might just be learning from there idiot parents.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
A dumb azz mofo with a gun that’s been told twice.
You know the joke about the 2 black eyes . Could go a lot of places. Tonight it’s out for dinner.
-cheers

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And away we go......

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Had this been a rookie on another team, he'd be getting roasted. Your points are extremely valid but it's at a point where folks will be defending the Rams player, regardless of the situation.
7 years and no degree is just an embarrassment. In order to be considered "full time" in college, one would need to be taking at least 12 credit hours per semester, and typically need about 120 credits to graduate. To think he couldnt earn the 120 credits over 7 years is laughable and really not something to defend. Alas, what he does on the field for the Rams is all that I care about, and if he has to step in and play, his college history will be the last thing Im worried about

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just another reason to dislike the guy eh?
Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel