Rams OTA's 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah i'm going to call it (early) on this guy. Injury bust. It's too bad. He made plays the few times he got in there last year. I feel like he could be a game wrecker if he wasn't made of glass.

He'll probably get in for a handful of gm's again this year and they'll cut bait next offseason.
Two picks that many of us were not excited about in last years draft are still big questions for different reasons. Lewis and Hopkins still have a lot to prove.

dang

Legend
Two picks that many of us were not excited about in last years draft are still big questions for different reasons. Lewis and Hopkins still have a lot to prove.
Yeah but many were not excited by Akers and Jefferson either. The need to both step up this year but their ceiling looks a lot higher than many expected.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good watch. Andrew Siciliano on the show.

They spoke about Harris “getting snaps” as notable.

Went around the NFC west a little.
It’s interesting when guys like Siciliano get geeked about Harris. When he discusses Harris compared to Floyd…Harris hopefully turns into a beast for the Rams.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah i'm going to call it (early) on this guy. Injury bust. It's too bad. He made plays the few times he got in there last year. I feel like he could be a game wrecker if he wasn't made of glass.

He'll probably get in for a handful of gm's again this year and they'll cut bait next offseason.
I hope you are wrong but worry you are right.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
An excerpt from Jourdan's most recent article on the Athletic:

"With Tyler Higbee absent from the media-viewed portion of OTAs, Harris and second-year tight end Brycen Hopkins have gotten a lot of reps with Stafford."

Still tells us that a rookie conversion project is shining more than our second year TE pick but it's nice to hear Hopkins is out there.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeah I'm going to call it (early) on this guy.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I hope you are not an Emergency Room Doctor.

Dr. Mojo's diagnosis:
'Food Poisoning' ... 'Sprained Ankle' ... 'Tooth-ache' ... 'Dust in left eye' ... 'Disappointed with the ending of Game of Thrones'

Dr. Mojo's medical decision:
'I'm calling it on all these patients. Pull the plugs!'

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah but many were not excited by Akers and Jefferson either. The need to both step up this year but their ceiling looks a lot higher than many expected.
I think the lack of excitement with Akers and Jefferson was more about perceived need. There seemed to be bigger needs to address, like Edge and Center for instance. The Rams already had two top WRs and a third round RB. For some reason many pre draft opinions of Akers weren’t all that great on this site also. I didn’t follow prospects as closely last year, so I didn’t have much opinion on Akers. Jefferson was more the question of the two imo.

But many of us BigTen fans were not impressed with Hopkins and I for one, hate Snead’s track record drafting injured players. It rarely ever works out in the long run for any team.

I guess if Hopkins got stronger and tougher and got over his drops, and Lewis can be used sparingly enough to last the season and to make some key plays in important games, then on a stacked team they may be worth it. We’ll find out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Still waiting for info on TC. So far nothing on where or when or if fans will be allowed. Starting to piss me off because I need to make plans for the summer.

Will it be Irvine or Cal St. Northridge? Or a combination of both? Will fans be allowed?

Dude ? What up ?
Have you been paying attention of late ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anybody with updates ?

Late they talk about the last 3 days of OTA’s. June 10th being the big date.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Mcvay talks about UCI July 25 & beyond . Dates will be coming soon.
Just nice to know.

The Rams Organization is 1st CLASS & FAN FRIENDLY!!! I’m sure I’ll be at a couple of these things.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Omg look at this play. Stafford with the roll out to his left, and a sidearm throw perfectly placed and a ridiculous one handed grab by Kupp. My God. Goff hardly every threw 50-50 balls to WRs that were covered. I expect our WRs to show out this year with spectacular plays like this because Stafford will give them tons of chances to make contested plays. Look at the ball placement here lol. Kupp is such a monster!

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1399807998319419392?s=20

Mcvay sort of screwed Van Jefferson for the good of what he thought was for the team.I guess that is where Mcvay doesn’t play offensive rookies is coming from.

— I can get into it more from my view.
Just saying he is totally kissing up to Jefferson NOW!! Get ready!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If Wes can get Harris into first-year impact type shape he might be able to parlay that into some OC action this next offseason when our OC gets hired away again.

Same btw on the defensive side with Shula and getting Jones up to speed quickly. Because you know damn well that Raheem will get a much deserved HC job if our defense kicks ass again this year.

Riddle me this Batman!! Who is the Player Mcvay is upset about.

You Talk Crap about The Rams being a team that doesn’t tell you what’s going on ??

T.Lewis is hurt Mcvay didn’t auger coat that either!! He is just not going to tell the whole truth where it is against a PLAYER. FIRST & FORMOST.

My guess is Higbee ?? Not sure,but Harris is impressing Mcvay in OTA’s.Plus Higbee has always been Jared Goff’s boy.Still just a thought on listening to a couple of the answers that were just asked. I’m throwing crap against the wall because it is fun to try to guess.

Corbett at Center was a good call,we’ll see what happens to Brian Allen. I think he is better than Shelton though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Riddle me this Batman!! Who is the Player Mcvay is upset about.

You Talk Crap about The Rams being a team that doesn’t tell you what’s going on ??
You continue to quote people then go off on tangents that have nothing to do with what they wrote.

If you want posters to engage in conversation with you I suggest not doing that. Otherwise you will continue to have extensive back and forths with yourself.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You continue to quote people then go off on tangents that have nothing to do with what they wrote.

If you want posters to engage in conversation with you I suggest not doing that. Otherwise you will continue to have extensive back and forths with yourself.

That’s fine. I’m still waiting for that offensive lineman to be drafted.

Harris was a solid draft pick. McSnead have done excellent job drafting players. Brewer,Anchrum,Allen & Shelton will be battling it out for 1 spot IMO. Just shows how some don’t really know about 1 in hand vs. 2 in the bush.
Hopkins & Blanton will be interesting to view in the preseason as well as Harris. Don’t expect to see Johnny Mundt much if any during the preseason. —Plus only having 3 games instead of 4 will make a bigger difference on playing time as well.

dang

Legend
That’s fine. I’m still waiting for that offensive lineman to be drafted.

Harris was a solid draft pick. McSnead have done excellent job drafting players. Brewer,Anchrum,Allen & Shelton will be battling it out for 1 spot IMO. Just shows how some don’t really know about 1 in hand vs. 2 in the bush.
Hopkins & Blanton will be interesting to view in the preseason as well as Harris. Don’t expect to see Johnny Mundt much if any during the preseason. —Plus only having 3 games instead of 4 will make a bigger difference on playing time as well.
I hope the Rams keep 9 OL on the 53 man roster. It looks like you are predicting 7 OL (5 starters, Noteboom, +1) on the roster?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

1623083249111.png

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I hope the Rams keep 9 OL on the 53 man roster. It looks like you are predicting 7 OL (5 starters, Noteboom, +1) on the roster?
I would hope that the number your hoping for is right I would prefer 10 myself due to the FA future in 9 months.

With six of the Rams OL'ers being involved in free agency in March of 2021 (Austin Corbett, Joe Noteboom, Brian Allen, Coleman Shelton, Chandler Brewer & Jamil Demby) along with the highly probable retirement of Andrew Whitworth the Rams will be in for some serious decisions & changes.

Just saw this:

Leaving the Rams Ol with more than likely four (Havenstein, Edwards, Evans & Anchrum) as the known still under contracted OL'ers. UDFA Jordan Meredith is being considered as a center so he might have a good chance to end up on the PS along with OG Alaric Jackson. Brian Allen & Jamil Demby will be dangling in air to win a Ram 2021 roster spot if they do not begin to make serious improvements.

For right now the Rams Ol is sitting in an excellent situation most team could only dream about.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Your right. 8 & 7 on game day.Tough call though. In 2017 it was 7 to start the season. Demby got cut along with Williams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I would hope that the number your hoping for is right I would prefer 10 myself due to the FA future in 9 months.

With six of the Rams OL'ers being involved in free agency in March of 2021 (Austin Corbett, Joe Noteboom, Brian Allen, Coleman Shelton, Chandler Brewer & Jamil Demby) along with the highly probable retirement of Andrew Whitworth the Rams will be in for some serious decisions & changes.

Just saw this:

Leaving the Rams Ol with more than likely four (Havenstein, Edwards, Evans & Anchrum) as the known still under contracted OL'ers. UDFA Jordan Meredith is being considered as a center so he might have a good chance to end up on the PS along with OG Alaric Jackson. Brian Allen & Jamil Demby will be dangling in air to win a Ram 2021 roster spot if they do not begin to make serious improvements.

For right now the Rams Ol is sitting in an excellent situation most team could only dream about.

Imo The Rams sign Corbett.

Allen or Shelton have to make the squad if nothing else.