Rams OTA's 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I also feel that Noteboom is just as important as Corbett.

If Corbett is unable to transform himself from a good versatile NFL starting LG/RG into a good starting center in TC then his value to this 2022 Ram OL will diminish greatly. The Rams have a really good bunch of OG's lurking for a starting OG post now & into the future.

Bonifay’d- I’m looking forward to getting a good view from the nose bleed on Thursday. I actually think if you have ever gone to Oxnard like when Stan visited Jerry up in the tower.You get that Crow’s Nest view.

I have not been to a NFL game since Anaheim stadium. Actually Niners Vs.Rams Bradford. Rams @ Chargers .
Niners vs SeaHags on a Thursday nite.
& for what it was worth Scrimmage vs Chargers at Gallexy Center(Carson,Dominguez) Stadium.

Way back in the day though being up high watching Nolan Cromwell at FS you can see plays develop & see positioning. I’ll get a up close look at the end of July before preseason.

Right now prediction are like the joke of everyone has one while playing center.Hope Stafford has soft hands.

I do find Brian Allen intriguing because of his Michigan roots.I think he has a better chance than some think. He is simple & likes his coffee black.
Joesph Noteboom & Bobby Evans are my favorite players upfront. I think both players are ascending & will be exactly the type of players Aaron Kromer & Sean Mcvay talked about when becoming Rams coaching. It’s about teaching & mentoring of Men.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I do not see a legit starting LT on this roster besides Whitworth & Noteboom. Thus my position is that Noteboom is my top resign of all the FA's.

Not that Evans, Brewer, Anchrum & even Jackson can't be an emergency game starter @ LT if needed down the road in 2021 but that's a major problem for Carberry to work through this TC & preseason. Carberry needs to find AW's future replacement from what he has currently for this season.

Like I said in another post reply above if Corbett can not transform into a good blocking center for Stafford then his future value with this team will drop dramatically.

Bonifay’d were both on the same page. The young OL guys will get a lot of experience.That goes all the way back to 2019 & you saying. Brewer was The Rams best LT in preseason.Noteboom was The Rams starting LG & did not play as well as Brian Allen.
Funny thing is we might see Brian Allen getting some good preseason Reps along with Shelton. Who is the 4th string Center is what I be looking at First & FORMOST this Thursday.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have no problems with your "tangents" So Ram. I find them quite entertaining. Yes I did ask more than a few times about where and when TC was being held BEFORE they finally posted it. I'm pretty sure they got tired of me whining about it.

"The squeaky wheel gets the oil".

video wheel GIF

Right on Bubba Man!! I’ll see you in passing soon enough. If you walk the right way,you might find a beer or a Pepsi in your hand. -Cheers

MachS

Hall of Fame

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Terrell Lewis' knee is definitely still not right. Pretty sad. And looks like we are limiting Kupp with all his recent knee issues too. Likely playing it safe with him, but not ideal tbh.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1402326491761762306?s=20

Also Jacob Harris is going to be a sleeper for us. Dude has too much talent to not make an impact with Stafford. Stafford has always loved big targets.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1402341830071492608?s=20

I tend to be more conservative predicting players in shorts looking great in OTAs.

Nelson Spruce looked pretty good one camp two.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I tend to be more conservative predicting players in shorts looking great in OTAs.

Nelson Spruce looked pretty good one camp two.
Nelson Spruce wasn't a 6'5 freak athlete that ran a 4.3. Not saying this guy is going to be an elite TE/WR type at all, but he does have elite athleticism. And we've seen how much Stafford loves throwing to big targets. Megatron, Ebron, Galladay, Hockenson. Stafford is a QB that very often throws 50/50 type balls and/or back shoulder throws and gives his WRs a chance to go up and make a play. We haven't had a QB like that for a while and we also haven't had a WR that excels in that area for a while. Every year gems are found in the middle rounds and we're due to hit on a TE prospect. :hope: The fact that McVay AND our beat writers have come out and praised Harris in OTAs says something to me.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Jourdan actually has a pretty solid track record when it comes to scouting under the radar talent, if she's pointing at Harris this much he's probably someone worth keeping a closer eye on.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
They have to think Noteboom is the replacement, right? It’s not like he was a gaping hole, teams still picked on Blythe when Boom was in there.

Unless they are going to pull in another AW in the off-season there is no one else to fill the gap in 22.

Jackson and the big kid from Germany maybe with some hard work in 23???

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Corbett is unable to transform himself from a good versatile NFL starting LG/RG into a good starting center in TC then his value to this 2022 Ram OL will diminish greatly.

Not really thought of it this way. If Evans performs, Corbett has a lot to lose if he himself doesn’t.

Also Jacob Harris is going to be a sleeper for us. Dude has too much talent to not make an impact with Stafford. Stafford has always loved big targets.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1402341830071492608?s=20

Oh yeah.

Excited Laugh GIF by Chris Kläfford

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
https://www.therams.com/news/10-observations-from-day-1-of-rams-2021-minicamp

10 Observations from Day 1 of Rams' 2021 minicamp
Stu Jackson

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Rams players convened at the team's facility Tuesday for the first day of its mandatory minicamp. Staff writer Stu Jackson shares 10 Observations from the session:
1) Words of Whits-dom: Early in the session, offensive lineman Max Pircher – who most recently played offensive tackle and arrived to the Rams via the NFL's International Player Pathway Program – was seen getting pointers from veteran Rams left tackle Andrew Whitworth in between reps during a drill. No better way for a newcomer to get acclimated to the league than working with a 16-year veteran playing one of the most difficult positions along the offensive line.

2) Continuing what was seen during the pair of open OTA sessions, rookie wide receiver Tutu Atwell got work at punt returner.

3) Leonard Floyd mentoring Chris Garrett:
Floyd said on May 24 that he makes a point to help the Rams' defensive rookies, and that guidance was on display during outside linebacker drills Tuesday when Floyd helped Garrett with his hand technique, then continued the conversation as they transitioned to the next period of the session.

4) While watching the above scene unfold, Floyd and Garrett's length also stood out from the drill. It's to be expected with Floyd 6-foot-5 and Garrett 6-3, but still impressive nonetheless.

5) Defensive back Kareem Orr had a nice interception during 7-on-7 drills, making a finger-tip grab and juggling the ball to haul it in and prevent it from hitting the ground.

6) More quickness from Atwell: The Louisville product used his quick release at the line of scrimmage to get open and haul in a pass on three separate occasions during 7-on-7 drills.

7) More hands-on Raheem Morris: It's well-established that the Rams' new defensive coordinator likes to be heavily involved in drill work done by each of his unit's position groups. On Tuesday, he was seen working up close with the outside linebackers.
8) Cornerback Jalen Ramsey was spotted wearing No. 5 on his jersey instead of his usual 20, but it was unclear if that represents an official change.

9) Similarly, running back Cam Akers was wearing No. 23 again, but it was also unclear if that represents an official change.

10) A'Shawn Robinson as advertised.
One teammate remarked that the Rams defensive lineman showed up to OTAs "thinner" and "more explosive", and he looked the part in both instances on Tuesday.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not really thought of it this way. If Evans performs, Corbett has a lot to lose if he himself doesn’t.

Oh yeah.

Excited Laugh GIF by Chris Kläfford

Dude - I sure hope he can play TE. If he is the starting Center I think Corbett is in trouble. Then maybe Hopkins gets more Reps.Poor Johnny Mandin’t get much love.He was The Rams TE in 2019 when Tyler Higbee went off & Gerald Everett was hurt.
—Just saying.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They have to think Noteboom is the replacement, right? It’s not like he was a gaping hole, teams still picked on Blythe when Boom was in there.

Unless they are going to pull in another AW in the off-season there is no one else to fill the gap in 22.

Jackson and the big kid from Germany maybe with some hard work in 23???

Noteboom performed well in Whit's absense, BTW, the big kid is from Italy, not Germany Max Pircher plus you never know who the Rams plan to draft or trade for in 2022, but Noteboom did well in pass protection and did quite a bit of leg work in the offseason, which hopefully will translate well in the run game.

Last edited:

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All it will take for Mcvay to put Harris in the red zone offense is a 5'10" DB. TOUCHDOWN!