Rams Off Season Thread baby!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If your looking at The Rams off season.Steve Avila has been the ultimate Ram!!

IMO there has never been a rookie going into his 2nd season that has meant SO much to The TEAM! It’s pretty cool to see.

My question would be what Ram Player has EVER meant more going into year 2 & had The Rookie Season he just had in 2023.

I know I know both Pucka & Kobie Turner had phenomenal season.Still both players still don’t mean more than Steve Avila IMO. Which is pretty AWESOME !!

My point is he should have or could have been an All Pro.None of those players played more downs.
Then you add he is going to switched to Center & let Johna Jackson start at LG.
—What he does off the Field is what IMO separates him.He did that his rookie season as well giving back to the community. —Big Whit was & still is such a GREAT RAM.Steve Avila is following in his foot steps as one of those type of players.

Who knows when contract time comes around Cooper Kupp is amazing in his own regard as a Ram.He means so much to The Rams Foundation in his OWN RIGHT. He could be getting PAID SO much more.Je has fought through injuries & been a TRUE LEADER taking Pucka under his wings .Such a solid PILLAR . Bobby Trees helped teach him that in a way.Then again I will never take anything away from Kupp.He is a SPECIAL RAM!!

What a CULTURE Sean Mcvay has created,without him a lot of this would not be possible.He embraces & encourages it from the coaching staff on down(above).It’s a good time to be a RAMS FAN !

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

Hard to watch. As someone who gets paid to present, get the uhs, ums, and ahs out of your system. If you need to think, take a silent pause or hold an and. It will keep people hanging onto the next words you say.

This is honestly the hardest presenting or training concept habit to lose, but you will gain a more respectful and interested audience.

It will also show confidence when you speak to the opposite sex.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hard to watch. As someone who gets paid to present, get the uhs, ums, and ahs out of your system. If you need to think, take a silent pause or hold an and. It will keep people hanging onto the next words you say.

This is honestly the hardest presenting or training concept habit to lose, but you will gain a more respectful and interested audience.

It will also show confidence when you speak to the opposite sex.

It’s not 100%, tho

Dan Quayle was exceptional at speaking without using any “fillers” and no one’s gonna say they were an interested audience for him…

But I get your point. My particular bugaboo is “like”… ya know, like, when, like, we went to the mall and like, saw these cute shoes, like…

It’s so, umm…uhhh…like, INFURIATING!!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It’s not 100%, tho

Dan Quayle was exceptional at speaking without using any “fillers” and no one’s gonna say they were an interested audience for him…

But I get your point. My particular bugaboo is “like”… ya know, like, when, like, we went to the mall and like, saw these cute shoes, like…

My Name is Danny Quale, I didn't Go To Yale.

Seriously though agreed with the "You knows" and "You see what I'm saying?" My response when someone says that is, "I cannot see your words."

I am the wrong person when it comes to this subject matter because I can be, well, a jerk. If anyone ever says to me: "Can I ask you a question." My response is always: "You already did."

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
It’s not 100%, tho

I "liked" this post.

Irony.

Tano

Legend

Seriously though agreed with the "You knows" and "You see what I'm saying?" My response when someone says that is, "I cannot see your words."

I am the wrong person when it comes to this subject matter because I can be, well, a jerk. If anyone ever says to me: "Can I ask you a question." My response is always: "You already did."
And I would respond with - Okay can I ask you three questions then.

Yeah I am a jerk too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like him better than Latu and he seems to me to be the closest Von Miller comp since Von…

He’s super quick, violent and has enough bend. His game translates to cold or bad weather and if anything, he should do better when the OL can’t anchor with as wide a base. He also sets a very hard edge, something we’ve lamented with Hoecht as much as many of us love Hoecht’s hustle.

As D’Marco Farr said, we’ve not had a first round Edge in a really long time and this kid pops like a 1st round STUD. I’m so excited to see him in Shula’s D
The main drawback with Verse is that he’s not all that fluid or flexible. You won’t see him making some of the moves that Robert Quinn used to be able to do. He relies more on speed and power. I think Miller was more flexible than Verse. That being said, I hope Verse’s motor can give us some Max Crosby type of relentlessness.

I’m the same with that one. ‘Can I ask you a question’ is the lazy version of other phrases and it’s not specific. You don’t know if they mean - “Do you have time to answer a technical question’ or ‘Can I ask you a personal question’ or ‘Would you mind sharing your expertise’. It can mean several things. They should be more specific so you can give an accurate answer. My reply is usually, ‘That depends on the question?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s not 100%, tho

"Like, TOTALLY. Gag me with a spoon!" ~ Mac in 1987

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
... agreed with the "You knows" and "You see what I'm saying?" My response when someone says that is, "I cannot see your words."

... If anyone ever says to me: "Can I ask you a question." My response is always: "You already did."

'Listen ...'
'Look ...'
'... Right'

One of these completely unnecessary and useless words are at the beginning or ending of most all comments ... RIGHT

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
'Listen ...'
'Look ...'
'... Right'

One of these completely unnecessary and useless words are at the beginning or ending of most all comments ... RIGHT
Correct, haha. I have a coworker that, like... Always says "right?" at the ends of his statements and it, like totally, like... Sounds condescending and like, totally unnecessary......right?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And I would respond with - Okay can I ask you three questions then.

Yeah I am a jerk too.
I would love that and my response would be: Now you are cooking with butter.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I’m the same with that one. ‘Can I ask you a question’ is the lazy version of other phrases and it’s not specific. You don’t know if they mean - “Do you have time to answer a technical question’ or ‘Can I ask you a personal question’ or ‘Would you mind sharing your expertise’. It can mean several things. They should be more specific so you can give an accurate answer. My reply is usually, ‘That depends on the question?
You are getting very detailed there. I am just looking for: "May I as you a question?" or even "I have a question." So I can respond by stating a simple yes or proceed.