Rams make 2y offer to RFA Center Ryan Groy(Buffalo)/Bills match offer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm scared to look at this thread anymore because I'm expecting someone to post a tweet that Buffalo has matched.
WfqMIjT.gif

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
So, by Friday, we'll know for sure if the Rams scored another Big one! This will mean that we have acquired, thru FA, an OT - WR - CB and Center!! Really nice work!! Great Pre-Draft moves, along with our Player-cuts/ releases!
Saturday ... Five days from today

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
think we shoulda offered a little more. everything starts with the o-line and Groy would be a great piece for the future
I had Groy as a 6th & 7'th round pick in a couple 2014 mocks, but he went undrafted. I too would have submitted a higher offer to better guarantee his coming to L.A., and that's just one reason why those far better than me get to play at GM. The Rams have needed a real success story with a young Center for a very long time, hopefully Groy can become that guy. I don't know if its all that cheese turning farm boys into massive & successful offensive linemen, but i've been an admirer of the way Wisconsin produces them at a fairly consistent rate. Groy signed up for two years with us, giving him plenty of time to prove his value, if he does so, he'll definitely get paid well in 2019, not that becoming a bit less of a millionaire in 2017 is a bad thing. jmo.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I'm scared to look at this thread anymore because I'm expecting someone to post a tweet that Buffalo has matched.

Buffalo will match. Unfortunately. Great to see the Rams going for the right players at the right price (overpaying is not good either). Fingers crossed that Bills somehow don't match.

Approach is aggressive but also smart

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had Groy as a 6th & 7'th round pick in a couple 2014 mocks, but he went undrafted. I too would have submitted a higher offer to better guarantee his coming to L.A., and that's just one reason why those far better than me get to play at GM. The Rams have needed a real success story with a young Center for a very long time, hopefully Groy can become that guy. I don't know if its all that cheese turning farm boys into massive & successful offensive linemen, but i've been an admirer of the way Wisconsin produces them at a fairly consistent rate. Groy signed up for two years with us, giving him plenty of time to prove his value, if he does so, he'll definitely get paid well in 2019, not that becoming a bit less of a millionaire in 2017 is a bad thing. jmo.
Cool....
91AqlhD.gif

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Maybe they didn't offer more for a few reasons:

1. Have actual back up plans to get a good center if Bills match.

2. Don't want to over pay for to little sample size. As we see happen in FA a lot. Want to see him put together a solid year and then start on long term contract.

3. Kromer might know a few insights on the Bills brass and how they view him as a need.

*I hope the bills don't match. I want him as our center.

Ram65

Legend
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...center-ryan-groy-offer-sheet-los-angeles-rams Groy, 26, proved in seven games last year that he’s more than capable of starting at center in the NFL. However, the Bills have a starting center entrenched on the line in Eric Wood. While Wood is entering a contract year, it’s hard to envision him playing anywhere else past next year, and at 30 he should still have a few good years left. It’s hard to see the Bills matching this offer. While it’s fair market value for Groy (probably a bit on the lower side), he doesn’t really have a spot in Buffalo to earn that money unless someone ends up on injured reserve again. Given the needs that remain at other positions, notably wide receiver and defensive back, it’s hard to justify the team sinking starter money into a backup position.

Seems like if the Bills go in on Groy, they'd have to consider cutting Woods. And then we'd make a play for Woods. Feel like the Rams are doing a nice job on this one. Even if they get neither, think they're handling it just right.

What if that was the Rams plan?

Get the Bills in a position to decide on one of them. Rams could get Woods with a very low draft pick and sign him long term.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Please don't match Buffalo. I'd be heartbroken.

After Wood’s injury, Buffalo’s coaching staff was surprised how well Groy performed in his place. The 6-foot-5, 320-pound guard/center from Wisconsin played the last six games of the Bills season and filled in so well the offensive line hardly missed a beat.

(PFF Scores)
WK 12 vs Jaguars
C Ryan Groy, 82.2

WK 13 vs Raiders
C Ryan Groy, 77.0

WK 14 vs Steelers
C Ryan Groy, 78.9

WK 15 vs Browns
C Ryan Groy N/A (needed at least an 80.0 grade to make their top 5)

WK 16 vs Dolphins
Center: Ryan Groy, 84.6

WK 17 vs Jets
C Ryan Groy, 75.6
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cle-buf-grades/
840264751716409348.jpeg

Same here @TheDYVKX....We can't know for sure if Groy might be overrated or underrated but should the Bills get cute and match the offer........

Put me in the group that will be very heartbroken
brokenheart.gif~c200

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Saturday or Sunday?...... If we have to wait this out until the last minute dieterbrock, it is going to give some of us.. Major Anxiety!
Unless they match the offer before then, we will have to wait it out? Right? Maybe I'm confused on this whole thing, but the Bills have 5 days to match the offer. I guess that they could come out and say "we aren't going to sign him", but the Rams would still have to wait to sign him. In that time Buffalo could decide last minute to match, total dick move, but still an option. I'll have my fingers crossed until then just in case.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Crossing fingers that @jrry32 is right. . . He doesn't really fit the scheme of the new coach. I really hope that is the case.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes .. .this morning, so tomorrow morning, 24 hrs will have past .... :whistle::unsure:o_O
2pm EST is when I saw he signed officially, not sure if it's a 24 hour day, or a full day. 5 24 hour days would make it 2 pm EST on Sunday, and if they allow 5 full days, that could mean midnight Sunday, which is 3/20