Rams make 2y offer to RFA Center Ryan Groy(Buffalo)/Bills match offer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
2pm EST is when I saw he signed officially, not sure if it's a 24 hour day, or a full day. 5 24 hour days would make it 2 pm EST on Sunday, and if they allow 5 full days, that could mean midnight Sunday, which is 3/20
Well I get off work at 1:30 pm (PDT) and i saw it announced as "official" around 9 am when I was on my break but whatever. Either way, we won't know until we know so ...

MachS

Hall of Fame
With all the info that has come out today, what so you guys think the odds are for Buffalo matching?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I expect the Bills will either match or decline to match in the next couple days.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also expect the Earth to rotate approximately 5 times in the next 5 days.

What I mean is that we should have an answer before the five day window ends. I think we'll have an answer in the next 48 hours.

KOWALSKI

Rookie
why? if the bills wait 5 days we can#t do anything because we have to sit and wait.
and the bills have only 30 other competiors on the market for free agents.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know, I was just busting your balls because your made just about the safest prediction ever.

I saw someone ask if they can decline before the five day period ends. Figured I'd explain that they could and likely will (if they choose to decline).

TexasRam

Legend

Well then it's clearly official. Sounds
the Horn. The Rams are back!!!

tumblr_o5y1uvYPRa1tdy0nco1_500.gif

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Looks like most Bills fans believe our contract with Groy is a 'no-brainer' for them to match the offer-sheet, that we underpaid and did the work for their own GM to set Groy's value for the next two years. Hope they are wrong, but we may have lowballed Groy if we really had our hopes set on him.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/192681-ryan-groy-signed-to-an-offer-sheet-by-rams/page-3

This is what I've been referencing all day... but to be honest, reading all of those posts... there's only really 2-3 people driving the "KEEP GROY AT ALL COST"... Like that Dr dude.

3.5M is what they'll have to pay to keep him. I'm not so sure anymore that they do that.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like most Bills fans believe our contract with Groy is a 'no-brainer' for them to match the offer-sheet, that we underpaid and did the work for their own GM to set Groy's value for the next two years. Hope they are wrong, but we may have lowballed Groy if we really had our hopes set on him.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/192681-ryan-groy-signed-to-an-offer-sheet-by-rams/page-3

Just because the Bills match doesn't necessarily mean that we made the wrong play. They have the right of refusal and currently have more cap space. But they have multiple centers I think they are a little more invested in the position than they would like. At least for this year assuming Wood stays. Hopefully they decide to spend the money elsewhere. It might be a bit of a lowball for a starter, but it's probably an overpay for a backup.

Last edited:

MachS

Hall of Fame
Just because the Bills match doesn't necessarily mean that we made the wrong play. They have the right of refusal and currently have more cap space. But they have multiple centers I think they are a little more invested in the position than they would like. At least for this year assuming Wood stays. Hopefully they decide to spend the money elsewhere. It might be a bit of a lowball for a starter, but it's probably an overpay for a backup.

This is what I'm thinking too. Kromer knows this guy well, and if we're looking at him to be the starter why wouldn't we offer 4M or 4.5M this year? Seems a little risky but what do I know.

I think paying an extra million or so this first year is better than spending a 2nd or 3rd on a rookie center and expecting the same production.

BadCompany

Rookie
I know, I was just busting your balls because your made just about the safest prediction ever.

Randomly, it made me think of this drive-home company that offers it's services around here (if you've had too much to drink, they'll drive you and your car home). Their ad says something like:

We'll be there in 30 minutes or less! *

* May take longer, depending on traffic.

So basically they'll get there in under 30 minutes, or over 30 minutes. You know, like, whenever.

Carry on.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm going to say yes, bc even though they have the cap space to keep him, they still have other needs to address.