Rams lose a game (vent thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
That video of DHop motioning that they put the Rams to sleep is so embarrassing and should never happen. And I'd do it if I were him.

The defensive scheme is fucking trash. There hasn't been a single improvement or adjustment from week 1 til now. The same damn concerns we had after week 1 have continued. We absolutely got our asses whooped today by on paper the less talented team but obviously the better TEAM.

This defense is a serious concern, and it's going to be until something changes.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Now I haven't read any of these post prior to me posting. Let me say this....
McVay made some real bone head play calls, like the pass to Higbee on 4th and on 1 at the goal.

Morris did not adjust. Horrible secondary and horrible tackling.

Biggest problem, Stafford. He was so off it was embarrassing.

Now back to my Oban to ease the pain.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Reasons for the loss:

1) Raheem Morris sucks. While he alone isn't responsible for the loss, he gets the majority of the blame. I realize we lost Johnson, Hill, and Fox from last year, but losing those three isn't nearly enough to cause the kind of decline we have seen this year. We still have the best DL and best DB in the entire league. And yet for four games now teams have went up and down the field against us almost at will, the difference today being that a good offense was able to finish drives with scores and it bit us in the ass. Morris has implemented a scheme that looks markedly different from what Staley did. In doing so, he has failed to put the players we have in a position to succeed. The soft coverage does negates the man coverage ability of our corners and makes them look worse than we are, while allowing opposing offenses to feast on us. Further, where this team has spent the last decade doing a great job against mobile QB's, and today we were shit against one who we had contained just fine for several games now. I don't like what that portends. We have way too much talent on the D side to put up an effort this bad, even against a good offense.

McVay better be up in his grill after today's game and demanding changes. We have too much talent on D to be this bad. He held our last QB accountable when he declined. He held Cooks accountable when he declined. He let Wade walk, ditto with Kromer who had become stale after a good start. He'd better start holding Morris accountable now if he expect to play deep into January.

Which brings me to:

2) McVay. A) McVay hired Morris, over guys like Pleasent, who IMO was ready and had a year in Staley's D and knew how to get the most out of our DBs. Now his hire has pretty much ruined this defense with terrible scheming and playcalling. We still have 13 games left. We'll learn a lot about McVay as to whether he forces Morris to make some changes or lets him become a Larry Marmie and ruin the Rams chances for a deep run in the playoffs. The buck stops with Sean.

But the D aspect wasn't McVay's only failing today. The playcalling absolutely sucked donkey dicks, and it's the same thing we've seen the last few years, something that accelerated the decline of the last QB we had and did no favors to our current starter: abandoning the run when it's working while trying to force the pass when it's not. There are certain games like this where McVay just seems to have no feel for what is going on. Stafford struggled much of the day, and did so with good line play in front of him. Furthermore, the running game was working. Instead of slowing down the game, taking control of the tempo, and forcing the Cards to respect the run, he instead abandoned it and made it too easy for them. The Rams ended up in a huge hole where running wasn't an option anymore. I just don't get why the hell he does this sometimes, especially when the QB is struggling. Getting the running game going is one of the best things you can do to get a QB settled down. And further, when the other team can't stop it, you can pretty much control the game. That's how we beat Dallas in the playoffs in 2018, it's how we rolled over New England last year. We just rammed the ball down their fucking throats. And the run game was there for the taking today, but McVay zigged when he should have zagged. We've had a number of preventable losses in the McVay era for this very reason, and it's one of the things that prevents him from getting to the highest level. He's an excellent coach, but he's not an elite coach, yet. When he learns to always take what the D gives him, then he'll be elite.

Had McVay stuck with the run today, on a day when the neither the D nor his own QB was playing well, he could have made this a competitive game and even given us a chance to win it.

3) Stafford. After 3 stellar games, he finally came back to Earth. I have no idea what happened, because he had protection. His throws were off, his decision making wasn't as good, and generally he just had a lackluster effort. He and DJax definitely need to work on their timing in practice, because he has underthrown most of his long attempts to him this year. Hopefully, today was just an aberration.

4) Blueberries. I don't care if you are superstitious or not. I don't care if you believe they have anything do do with winning or not. But no matter what side you are on, can we just agree that these things are the fucking ugliest uniform combo the Rams have ever had? Demoff, or whoever decides the uniform combos ... can you please just resign the whole blue-on-blue uniform concept to the ash heap of history where it belongs? Whether it has anything to do with all the losses we've taken in that combo or it's just pure coincidence, I don't care - they are ugly as shit and should never be worn again.

And I'm spent.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Well - Rams were not ahead at half-time -- so that streak is still alive... :laugh4:

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
A chance to throw out some cliches.
Mine is: This game was a wake up call for the team.
The Cardinals are much improved and no longer two winning games we can rely on through our schedule.
We seemed to suffer from the same inconsistency from previous seasons: we'll look good one week, almost unstoppable at times, then once in a while we look terrible.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Looking ahead - there should be 2 damn motivated teams this week... The rams in Seattle and the 9r's in Arizona....

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ralphie oh fudge GIF

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I wore my never worn before Kupp Jersey instead of my AD throwback today.

Won't make that mistake again. Had no idea how big of an effect that would have.

Never again.......
I wore my brand new royal blue Stafford!

I refuse to believe it was on me!!

RamsFan4Life

Starter
We have a good bunch in our DLmen and it forces QBs to get rid of the ball quickly

to then allow their WRs 10 yard cushions to sit down inside of……

and Morris NEVER adjusted

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I gotta say is... I guess we can take the perfect season talk off the table....

VfH8pw8.gif

Ram65

Legend
I thought in the past the Rams would rush 5 to keep Murray (Wilson) contained. With that, they played closer coverage making it harder to get quick pass completions. Make it tough on the smaller QBs to see WRs and to escape. The Rams let Murray escape all day long with wide-open passing lanes when not pressured.

Tough game all around.

Like last week it's one game early in the season. There is a concern, however. We have to how the coaches and players adjust on both sides of the ball.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
Yup, I forgot him. He should be taking over for Robert Woods soon I think. Woods hasn't been much of a factor.
Because Stanford has been locking on Krupp too much and then making poor throws on some of Woods targets.

the league is on to our jet sweeps too

Status
Not open for further replies.