Rams lose a game (vent thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
My wife didn't wear her rams jersey today, said it was in the wash. I blame her as I wore my lucky Rams T-shirt and drank the good luck Scotch. I guess it wasn't enough.
Try the Oban. If that's what you drinking before the game, try some more.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
That performance made me sick, McVay channeling his inner Martz once again. I stopped watching when that idiot took a timeout with 20 seconds left in the Half and the Cards in the redzone. I was screaming at the TV for the Rams to keep running the ball, they were picking up big chunks of yard and it keeps the Cards/Murray off the field. McVay and Morris sucked: Stafford&Kupp sucked: Long&Rapp sucked: the DL and LBers sucked; I thought the Ol and Higbee played okay. Oh, I almost forgot Gay sucked but kicker are kind of an afterthought. All this and I could only stomach watching the first half.

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am not a fan of best team in NFL & superbowl talk this early. Let someone else bare the burden of that curse.
Henderson looked great, VJ is going to continue to contribute.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
Which ones? I don’t remember a single one and when would we even need it? We were running at like 8 yards per carry?

Should have just run it since we couldn’t stop them.

We gave them 200 on the ground, and let them have short, medium and even long passes.

We literally had a game plan that took away nothing.
We haven’t done nearly as well this year with an even better line. I think you saw little of the due to the lack of hittin* any big in the previous 3 games

we are hitting the bubble screens big less and less

the league catches up eventually

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Also today I think this was the first time we saw the impact of the losses if John Johnson & Troy Hill. I mean they leaked oil here and there the first 3 wks, but today it really bit them in the ass.

As much as Morris is getting beat up, those two losses showed up big today. They need to get those roles on this defense fixed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Must say I’m shocked myself.
Congrats to your team DV. Been a long time coming for you guys. :clinkingbeer:

That video of DHop motioning that they put the Rams to sleep is so embarrassing and should never happen. And I'd do it if I were him.

The defensive scheme is fucking trash. There hasn't been a single improvement or adjustment from week 1 til now. The same damn concerns we had after week 1 have continued. We absolutely got our asses whooped today by on paper the less talented team but obviously the better TEAM.

This defense is a serious concern, and it's going to be until something changes.
This. Every QB we have played has driven the field all fucking game long. The Cards offense was good enough to finish said drives.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I don't think Woods is the issue. For whatever reason, Stafford doesn't have the trust in him that Goff did. Hell, trade Woods to Detroit, and I bet the dude is feasting again.

Yes, Stafford is locked in on Kupp, but I think Woods has lost a step, the guy is getting older. I think he is still a good WR, but something isn't there like it was.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
The offense had issues, but were always behind because the defense was so bad.

I blame the defense 100% for today's loss. From Morris to each defensive player!

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
One game, no matter who they are, is not worth giving this that much thought. The only trend I can see is someone said we have never won in the blueberries. These are not quite those but I get the point if true. Not a good look.

It is much more fun hanging out with the threads from last week.

SUPER BOWL BABY!!! :laugh1:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
That was a really bad performance. The entire game had the feeling of a classic let down after an emotional win. But playing at home, in the division, with the NFC West lead on the line... that can't happen.

2 turnovers. Stafford looking brutal and missing open receivers (including a TD pass to Kupp). The defense giving up 3rd and long consistently. David Long getting abused all day. Losing the line of scrimmage battle on the defensive side of the ball, despite the Cardinals being down 2 starting offensive linemen. Gay missing a FG from a very makeable distance. Just a bad showing. If you don't bring your "A" game in the NFL, you are going to have a bad time. Against good rosters, you are going to get embarrassed. And Arizona is a really good roster.

Most of this ugly showing can likely be chalked up to a bad day at the office. But a few things, are starting to look like patterns, and it's concerning:

1. Our secondary, outside of Ramsey, is really weak. I am not sure it can hold up against elite rosters in the playoffs.
  2. The defence in general looks to have taken a massive step back. Morris might have been a mistake, but it's early.
  3. The offense is too reliant on Cooper Kupp.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Btw going into this game the Cards were only converting 35% of third downs. I don't even want to look and see what it was today.

McVay put himself into the position of hiring a friend who did not have a favorable history nor a good knowledge of the scheme McVay wants to play. Way I see it he has 3 options...

1. Stay the course and try to get Morris up to snuff calling this scheme.
2. Let him run a scheme he is comfortable with.
3. Fire his friend and bring in someone who can run what McVay wants run.

We have other probs too but this is something that has been visible all season long. I honestly at this point do not think Morris can do the job. Hope I'm wrong too. Hope that it's mostly personnel but tbh even that is on the DC.

Note that when Staley came in the Rams went and got exactly who he wanted for specific roles, to include 2 drafted safeties and a rangy OLB. Did Morris simply overvalue the roster? Either way it's on him and McVay looks like he made a friend hire from where I'm sitting.

Will be interesting to see if the LA press have the balls to push McVay on all this. Probably not, seeing as how they couldn't ask the fucking question (i.e. how is he going to run a scheme he hasn't coached in) all offseason after the hire.

Last edited:

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I have not been impressed with Morris so far this season. He is like all these other coaches just to damn stubborn and resistant to change when something is not working. McVay could take some lessons from John Robinson and Chuck Knox.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Try the Oban. If that's what you drinking before the game, try some more.
Oh yes, it was Oban and I did drink some more! Do you realize how many times I had to edit this post?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am as concerned about Morris forcing personnel into situations away from their strengths as I am his overall scheme.
I have a slight concern that Staffords thumb may be affecting his throws but then I see some of his
his hot reads are just wrong at times so who knows what it may be
We miss JJ3

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
How much was delivery?

When I was looking last year it was crazy. All up I calculated almost $300AUD to buy a frigging jersey.

I’d have to recheck but it was $300 AUD for jersey , cap and tee and postage , so not as bad as other purchases from the US. I suppose it is expensive but I have probably become sanitised to the cost if I really want something…. Means I have to put in more OT

TexasRam

Legend
Btw going into this game the Cards were only converting 35% of third downs. I don't even want to look and see what it was today.

McVay put himself into the position of hiring a friend who did not have a favorable history nor a good knowledge of the scheme McVay wants to play. Way I see it he has 3 options...

We have other probs too but this is something that has been visible all season long. I honestly at this point do not think Morris can do the job. Hope I'm wrong too. Hope that it's mostly personnel but tbh even that is on the DC.

Note that when Staley came in the Rams went and got exactly who he wanted for specific roles, to include 2 drafted safeties and a rangy OLB. Did Morris simply overvalue the roster? Either way it's on him and McVay looks like he made a friend hire from where I'm sitting.

Will be interesting to see if the LA press have the balls to push McVay on all this. Probably not, seeing as how they couldn't ask the fucking question (i.e. how is he going to run a scheme he hasn't coached in) all offseason after the hire.
Well you make a point about whether the Rams Press has the balls to push Mcvay on this.

For people that think this doesn't matter, it does. The Press can highly influence change by forcing those in power to face the problem.

I was wondering if Jourdan and others would stop with the kiss ass routine and ask the real hard question today. In the post presser I thought I heard a question about Long jr. and Mcvay say he is doing fine. But I may have misheard it.

I said in one of last weeks post that Mcvay's last hurdle this year after now addressing the Oline is to fix the secondary issue and now more than ever that has become oh so clear. They aren't winning shit unless it get fixed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Morris didn't overvalue it. He simply doesn't understand how to use it. Darious Williams should be exhibit A for that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Morris didn't overvalue it. He simply doesn't understand how to use it. Darious Williams should be exhibit A for that.
We are in agreement that he doesn't understand how to use the pieces.

But I am afraid it might go deeper too. SF is going to be playing a young QB with great athleticism, the Seahawks have one who is a Hall of Famer, and this kid from the Cards destroyed us today due to an inability to contain. I'm not sure he has the pieces off the edge and losing Hollins was obviously really big.

And if he wants to play more cover two type looks by the safeties then he needs better ILBs who can cover ground underneath. I realize he's been trying to turn Young into that, but it's a tough transition at best. Still hoping for Jones but meh.

Same deal at Corner. Looks like they made a nice selection with Rochell but Long looks like ass and I don't know if I can say it's scheme. So there's a reasonable chance he's short a corner in addition to being shitty on the calls.

The interesting character study here is going to be McVay IMO. Can he make those bold moves with his friends and staff members like he does with players?

Status
Not open for further replies.