Rams lose a game (vent thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I must say, never saw a McVay offense struggle this much in a game where the OL played this well. Gave the QB plenty of time in the pocket and they ran the ball at will. Strange game.

Hopefully we didn't find out why such a talented QB never reached his potential in Detroit.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Taylor Rapp and David Long Jr are liabilities in the secondary.
Sean McVay abandons the run even when it's working.
Matthew Stafford seems to lock in on Cooper Kupp even more than Goff used to do.
Everything here is true unfortunately.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Taylor Rapp and David Long Jr are liabilities in the secondary.
Sean McVay abandons the run even when it's working.
Matthew Stafford seems to lock in on Cooper Kupp even more than Goff used to do.
TBF, Kupp is open a lot.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Shitty loss. Hopefully no blueprints. Luckily no injuries. Cardinals will lose sometime. Rams needed a loss to work on their deficiencies anyway as much as we hate for it to happen.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Stafford never got in a rhythm -- Kupp dropping the ball at the Arizona 20 yard line was huge

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I must say, never saw a McVay offense struggle this much in a game where the OL played this well. Gave the QB plenty of time in the pocket and they ran the ball at will. Strange game.

Hopefully we didn't find out why such a talented QB never reached his potential in Detroit.
I think Stafford's great start might have set our expectations too high. Don't get me wrong. I hope our expectations are appropriately placed. But he has never been a Mahomes/Rodgers/Brady/etc. caliber QB (elite). So an occasional game like this might just be part of the deal. Hopefully, it won't happen in the playoffs lol.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles

Dude just didn't play well. It wasn't like the cards were playing lights out d. Stafford just didn't make the throws and combined with the way the d was playing that's ball game. Hopefully that's a anomaly but I rather these types of games not be against division opponents.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Shit happens

Probably should have known better considering McVays female college softball player antics going into halftime last week

On to Seattle to right this wrong

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Today felt like a game where we were just waiting on our flight to Seattle. Garbage performance but iron out this hot mess and get better as the season goes on, really frustrating when defense plays down to their perceived competition: Looked like a playoff defense against TB, then looks bottom 5 against the Cards.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I think Stafford's great start might have set our expectations too high. Don't get me wrong. I hope our expectations are appropriately placed. But he has never been a Mahomes/Rodgers/Brady/etc. caliber QB (elite). So an occasional game like this might just be part of the deal. Hopefully, it won't happen in the playoffs lol.
I don’t. He’ll be better.

Not worried by one game.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If we had to lose, this was the way for it to happen.

We got MOLLYWHOPPED today... at home...

However, our next 5 games are VERY winnable and THIS is the kind of ass-kicking that gets a team MAD... as they SHOULD be mad.

My biggest takeaway? WHY THE FUCK DO WE HAVE NO CONTAIN??? This loss is on Raheem Morris. We've had organizational knowledge from Fisher to Philips to Staley... WE KNOW how to rush mobile QBs... except we had NO PLAN for Murray's mobility and they KILLED us with outside runs and that basic ass RPO nonsense that has NEVER phased us in the past. The defensive scheme was GARBAGE.

I hope they fucking CHOKE on this shitty defensive effort and scheme for this game and we rear back and just wreck the rest of our schedule.

I think this was the Cards Super Bowl and they put as much effort into this game as we did into the Bucs game. The Cards next 5 are pretty ugly, but honestly, if they win even 4 of the next 5, they'll likely win the division at this rate. I was impressed with their execution.

I think the refs need to quit fucking around and call the head shots.

I think I'll be playing a LOT of video games this week and avoiding the sports media. Also, the upside is that I won't remotely be tempted to watch any Florio... So I got that going for me...

Psycho_X

Legend
Rapp has always been a sit and wait type player and I was hoping experience would eventually turn him into a read and react type player but it hasn't happened at all. Seems like he is always flat footed staring at the play when he should already be moving towards his guy. Makes him always a second (at least) too late to make a useful play. I'm done with that experiment. Long got manhandled by the veteran today. The whole defense looked lethargic. Even Aaron Donald just didn't look like he gave a shit which I'm sure wasn't the case but everyone just seemed content with what was happening.

Hopefully just a hangover from Bucs win and they come out firing in Seattle. Not a whole lot went right even when it should have today. Happens to every team every year at least once or twice.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
This loss was kind of waiting to happen imo. We had a good win against the Bucs, but the win against indy was a grind and the bears secondary was almost completely injured.

Our D needs to tackle better and we need to play more man coverage, not this soft bs we saw with Phillips.

Our defensive front sees mobile qbs probably more than anyone, so why they kept over pursuing and missing Murray is beyond me.

Offense needs to be more than the Cooper kupp show. Where Woods disappeared to I have no idea.

Deep pass to Jackson was so predictable no wonder it was picked.

Run Offense was on point, but of course when McVay gets behind he panics and tries to get quick points to catch up.

I hope this game is a humble reminder that a qb change alone will not get us to the promised land.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last one.

Why does Stafford keep underthrowing Jackson?
They haven't been playing together for very long. Hopefully, chemistry will grow as the year goes. It's impressive how much speed DeSean still has. Wish we had him last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.