Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
If they are going to activate Robinson IMO it will be the week before the bye. The problem is what kind of shape will he be in? How long would he require to get into football shape is the key to his activation. They desperately need him to lock down the middle of the defense.

I also believe that both Whitworth and Havenstein are gone next year. All those extensions will have to be paid via some kind of roster reduction. So they will need both Noteboom and Edwards to be healthy. McVay previewed what their plans were for Noteboom in 2018 but it got derailed by injury. I have always thought Noteboom was drafted to replace Whit and Edwards to replace Havenstein.

Count me in with those that look at Anchrum and see a center with better power and mobility than Blythe and perhaps Allen. His problem is that its a position he's never played and in the NFL that is a liability as it takes a couple of years for even guys who have played center in college to learn to play it in the NFL. People tend to discount Shelton but I watched him at UW and this guy can play center in the NFL. He's a good blocker and mobile as well, and plays much like Corbett with a bit of a nasty streak.

I still say Evans is built like an NFL OG not OT and his feet issues are the same as Havenstein. IMO he would be a very good RG allowing Corbett to return to LG. Edward's talent is wasted at OG. His play radius, length, and smooth feet are what you want at OT not OG.

All I can do is roll my eyes and hope for the best.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

This is terrific news! Suggests Lewis will be available soon and that Robinson will in fact return.

Imo these two big dudes from Alabama are the final pieces to be put in place in our D. They will significantly raise the overall physicality and in Lewis' case athleticism on the D, especially against the run. They also will also increase the pressure on other teams' o-line, blocking, and qb. No more undersized or underpowered front seven with Robinson in the middle and Floyd and Lewis on the edge.

Rams D has excellent pieces already in place but imo adding two physically dominant players has the potential to push the d to another level.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If they are going to activate Robinson IMO it will be the week before the bye. The problem is what kind of shape will he be in? How long would he require to get into football shape is the key to his activation. They desperately need him to lock down the middle of the defense.

I also believe that both Whitworth and Havenstein are gone next year. All those extensions will have to be paid via some kind of roster reduction. So they will need both Noteboom and Edwards to be healthy. McVay previewed what their plans were for Noteboom in 2018 but it got derailed by injury. I have always thought Noteboom was drafted to replace Whit and Edwards to replace Havenstein.

Count me in with those that look at Anchrum and see a center with better power and mobility than Blythe and perhaps Allen. His problem is that its a position he's never played and in the NFL that is a liability as it takes a couple of years for even guys who have played center in college to learn to play it in the NFL. People tend to discount Shelton but I watched him at UW and this guy can play center in the NFL. He's a good blocker and mobile as well, and plays much like Corbett with a bit of a nasty streak.

I still say Evans is built like an NFL OG not OT and his feet issues are the same as Havenstein. IMO he would be a very good RG allowing Corbett to return to LG. Edward's talent is wasted at OG. His play radius, length, and smooth feet are what you want at OT not OG.

All I can do is roll my eyes and hope for the best.
Let me guess. You're a better coach than what McVay has at his disposal. Got it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think Kromer did a good job last year considering the circumstances and I think
he has our oline playing well now.
He also has been strapped down having to be our run/OC. Which I never cared for.
No position coach should ever have coordinating responsibilities. Especially at
this level.
We have already seen McVay has no qualms about replacing coaches that he is
not satisfied with. I truly believe that if Kromer was a weak link in any shape or form
he would not be here. JMHO.

I hope you are right. Having so many spread offenses in college has not only made it more difficult for GMs to accurately project Onlinemen from college to the pros, but its also limited the development of Oline coaches in college. Many of whom played in the spread themselves. So there isn't a great influx of talent coming into the NFL coaching ranks for Oline coaching. It really seems to be a position of need among coaching staffs. So Kromer wouldn't be easily replaced unless someone else was let go. And you are right. If McVay had a problem with him he likely would have moved on, especially with a successful guy like Callahan free to sign. Some speculated that Callahan would be looking for an OC gig.

I, along with many others here, agreed that making Kromer the run game coordinator was a bad move also. He has his plate full enough just coaching Oline.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
But really, wouldn't that be just about every OL Coach at just about every job they've ever had? Most teams have a few good O-Linemen, and I can't remember a team ever going with all Rookie and 2nd year players on the O-Line.

Yeah, but then read the rest of the quote. Some Oline coaches are great at coaching guys up or are so good at their system seem to be able to plug anyone in.

I guess to be fair I can only speculate on how much input he has or doesn't have on evals of college players. For instance did he push for Evans and Edwards, or Demby, Allen, or Noteboom, or that UDFA center from Washington that Snead referred to as their center of the future. His name was Eldrenkamp or something like that. Maybe McVay has Kroner coaching a style that he hasn't coached too much. But it definitely helps an Oline coaches rep to inherit some studs at every stop. Just ask coach Loney from Fisher's staff.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just ignore him, @oldnotdead never responds to anyone says about his posts, even when they, like me, calls him out for flat out lying.

Well, we all have opinions and I agree with some of @oldnotdead ideas. But not everyone has to agree obviously. This concept that the coaches are flawless and fans can't know what they are talking about is unfounded. I've seen some very knowledgeable fans be proven right through the years @RamFan503.

And besides, he's not rude about it. Its not like he's Hammer or CoachO.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
But really, wouldn't that be just about every OL Coach at just about every job they've ever had? Most teams have a few good O-Linemen, and I can't remember a team ever going with all Rookie and 2nd year players on the O-Line.

DUH!
Anyways Edwards & Evans coming in & starting for The Rams at 22 years of age was impressive. Edwards replacing Noteboom at LG will only show his progression.
I’ve been onboard with Kromers moves of late.I’ve always been one for building the OFFENSIVE LINE for years within. Finally!!

My to everyone posting here has been where would Edwards & Evans been drafted in 2020 had they both stayed in school for there season years.

My point has been & still is The NFL experience they both got as starters is priceless.

In long The Rams depth on The O”LINE is the best young group I’ve seen since the 70’s. Actually The doughnuts being on the bench with Tucker was real solid?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Kolone is what he is. A guy Kromer has developed & McSnead found as a UDRFA. He has developed better than J. Demby. He has also worked at center.

My take is Austin Blythe maybe the next Guard up with Allen taking over at Center.The Rams & McSnead are building within.The young guys The Rams have on the roster have more upside & probably claimed off waivers.

It’s a numbers game. Kolone is a pure baller & played in that new Pro Football league. I could go back to the Kurt Warner days. I think a dude Smith stands out?? What ever his name he was such a underrated player.I think he was the backup center & Starting LG for The Rams only SuperBowl win?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

nice report.
I really liked this draft pick.Didn’t think he would be all that his rookie season,but man!! This kid is going to be a STUD!! Time & patients here.No reason to rush him. Lol- Rush!! That is what The Rams need.

Terell Lewis is no joke!! This guy screams NFL Star.He Fits his Rams Jersey perfect. I’ve watched a lot of NFL football & just football over my years. #54 Floyd has pro size. #52 Lewis has real NFL size & comes from a power house program.Just saying I see why on BAMAS grass fans were bragging about this guy in practice.

He still has never been in a NFL game.I’ll add I just hope Robinson gets through all that he is going through 100%. The Rams defense is just getting started under Staley.

Last edited:

MachS

Hall of Fame
If we can get to 6-0 or 5-1 without Lewis and Robinson, which is very possible looking at the schedule.. we'll be poised for a big 2nd half of the season. Excited to see what the full potential of this D looks like.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well, we all have opinions and I agree with some of @oldnotdead ideas. But not everyone has to agree obviously. This concept that the coaches are flawless and fans can't know what they are talking about is unfounded. I've seen some very knowledgeable fans be proven right through the years @RamFan503.

Nah. He makes a lot of good points but I get really tired of those who constantly bang on virtually every move a certain coach makes. I get disagreeing with coaching decisions. Trying to constantly show how much you know with thousands of words while just using it as a way of pounding on someone in the organization? Yeah... I'm not down with that.

And you're giving me some bad flashbacks with mentioning those two others. ;)

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

The point I was trying to make is he post his opinions, sometimes he’ll post them as facts, but when he does post his opinion, he in turn never does respond to the opinions of of others, even when they question his opinions. And sometimes he has some, you might say, outlandish opinions.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is terrific news! Suggests Lewis will be available soon and that Robinson will in fact return.

Imo these two big dudes from Alabama are the final pieces to be put in place in our D. They will significantly raise the overall physicality and in Lewis' case athleticism on the D, especially against the run. They also will also increase the pressure on other teams' o-line, blocking, and qb. No more undersized or underpowered front seven with Robinson in the middle and Floyd and Lewis on the edge.

Rams D has excellent pieces already in place but imo adding two physically dominant players has the potential to push the d to another level.
There was a lot of hype surrounding rookie Terrell Lewis during Rams training camp, primarily because of his potential as a pass rusher. He drew rave reviews from teammates and coaches in practice, with everyone marveling at his combination of size and speed. Michael Brockers even thought the Rams brought Lewis in to take his place on the defensive end.

Unfortunately, he landed on the reserve/non-football injury list in Week 1 due to a complicated situation with his knee. He underwent a scope after the team feared he might have an infection from a previous surgery, but that turned out not to be the case.

Still, he was sidelined at least three weeks and will be first eligible to come off NFI after Sunday’s game. It’s just not yet clear whether the Rams will activate him next week.

“I don’t know that yet. We’ll wait and see. He is progressing well,” Sean McVay said Thursday. “Exactly what the parameters are around that if he could return next week, I don’t have that. I haven’t got that far with (head trainer) Reggie (Scott), but he’s working. He’s doing a good job with his rehab and kind of the same with A’Shawn (Robinson). But, we’ll be able to revisit the possibility of him returning sooner than A’Shawn.”

The Rams could use help at outside linebacker with their edge rushers struggling a bit to generate pressure. Lewis is a rookie, though, and it’s often difficult for first-year pass rushers to have a significant impact right away.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I don’t expect much from A’shawn when he returns. Likely he’ll be very limited in Number of snaps the first few games. He might never get up to 50-75% usage this year.

Lewis is exciting. Potentially, he is exactly what the D is missing right now. Speed along the line and outside QB rushing. I’m cautiously Optimistic in him. Could be a lighting bolt of energy infused into this D. But dude needs to stay healthy which is the biggest concern for him obviously.

Ram65

Legend
The problem is what kind of shape will he be in? How long would he require to get into football shape is the key to his activation. They desperately need him to lock down the middle of the defense.
I don’t expect much from A’shawn when he returns. Likely he’ll be very limited in Number of snaps the first few games. He might never get up to 50-75% usage this year.

Lewis is exciting. Potentially, he is exactly what the D is missing right now. Speed along the line and outside QB rushing. I’m cautiously Optimistic in him. Could be a lighting bolt of energy infused into this D. But dude needs to stay healthy which is the biggest concern for him obviously.

It was reported that Big A has been working out. He has been with the team since training camp. He also had lost weight before coming into camp and was in great shape. The Rams can work him in the rotation for a couple of weeks and go from there. I expect him to be able to help.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nah. He makes a lot of good points but I get really tired of those who constantly bang on virtually every move a certain coach makes. I get disagreeing with coaching decisions. Trying to constantly show how much you know with thousands of words while just using it as a way of pounding on someone in the organization? Yeah... I'm not down with that.

And you're giving me some bad flashbacks with mentioning those two others. ;)

I had it out with CoachO and Hamner in private. It was a fun release. I wish more would have done it instead of letting them bully them and threaten not to give camp reports.

But I dont with dissatisfied fans. I see it as venting. It’s easier to put someone on ignore. I think there is one hug I have on ignore and after a year I can’t even recall his name. So it’s like he disappeared. I couldn’t be happier.