Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can live with these injuries. I wouldn't put Noteboom on IR, given that Lewis is already on. We have the linemen to cover for him until he gets healthy.

As for Akers and Brown, that's the best news we could've hoped for. Hopefully they'll activate Calais so that they have a kick return threat along with possibly Webster on punt returns.

Would creat a spot for Lewis and they might use it. We could sure use the pass rush help.

View: https://twitter.com/jb_long/status/1308224698614865920?s=21

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
We’re in good shape compared to most teams. This is probably the first year hard knocks actually helped teams. They had to make sure everything was there and in line for the cameras. I think others were a little lackluster preparing for the season.

coach Lynn said whoever handles this covid situation the best is the team that will come out on top this season. I think he’s right.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
We're really fortunate considering all the injuries this week. We don't need to rush Akers back, nor do with need to over-use Brown. We have 2 other running backs besides Henderson on the 53 man roster, and they can get some touches too.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Three or four more knees blown out. Must be using the throwback turf from the old days when it was really dangerous. You'd think they could do better now.

Did Pittsburgh or the Giants have anyone get injured on that turf in week 1? I know turf is worse on the knees than grass, but to say the turf was the only reason for the injuries may be a bit of a stretch.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Did Pittsburgh or the Giants have anyone get injured on that turf in week 1? I know turf is worse on the knees than grass, but to say the turf was the only reason for the injuries may be a bit of a stretch.

Barkley in week two. If its like most turf they loosen the pellets up between games. I recall when the turf was installed in St. Louis the Rams had several knee injuries. It took a season to break it in.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barkley in week two. If its like most turf they loosen the pellets up between games. I recall when the turf was installed in St. Louis the Rams had several knee injuries. It took a season to break it in.

barkley did his at soldier field.

he's been out of action more than he's actually played when this season is over.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope the broken pinky doesn't give Brown any issues....
If its causing him pain, they can treat it... but this could affect his hand usage in pass pro as well as ball security, while not being bad enough to keep him from playing. Sure hope its a simple fracture and a non-issue.

Wonder if we might activate Xavier Jones for this week? Is John Kelly on our PS too or did we totally part ways?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If its causing him pain, they can treat it... but this could affect his hand usage in pass pro as well as ball security, while not being bad enough to keep him from playing. Sure hope its a simple fracture and a non-issue.

Wonder if we might activate Xavier Jones for this week? Is John Kelly on our PS too or did we totally part ways?

nah they just tape two fingers together and it's fine. Had plenty of broken fingers in wrestling

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I would think Jones will be active if Akers can't go. Fractured finger shouldn't be too big of an issue, they'll tape it up tight to the one next to it.

Kelly is on the Browns now.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

McVay said during his Monday evening video conference with reporters that Noteboom sustained a Grade 2 calf strain in Sunday's win at the Philadelphia Eagles. Second-year offensive lineman David Edwards, who replaced Noteboom last week, is expected to step in for him against Buffalo."(Noteboom is) a possible candidate to put on the IR with it being three weeks, but we're going to wait to get a little bit more information," McVay said. "But he'll be out this week."

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Great, just what we need, OL injuries :mad:

lol - what a joke. No injury is good.I’ll guess though that Corbett changes over to LG ? Will see.

Last year showed The Rams depth. Edwards played well at the end of 2019.Don’t understand all the negativity about the Offensive Line still.

The Rams should just fire Kromer(blue font of course)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

McVay said during his Monday evening video conference with reporters that Noteboom sustained a Grade 2 calf strain in Sunday's win at the Philadelphia Eagles. Second-year offensive lineman David Edwards, who replaced Noteboom last week, is expected to step in for him against Buffalo."(Noteboom is) a possible candidate to put on the IR with it being three weeks, but we're going to wait to get a little bit more information," McVay said. "But he'll be out this week."

good reporting. Didn’t see The end of the Eagle game yet though so don’t know how Edwards did on the left side. Is Corbett locked in on the Right Side now ? He beat Edwards out of that position.
Will be interesting to see who gets the extra carries Sunday. Another rookie of course.
Todd Gurley getting paid.I like the way The Rams have moved forward & cut Kelly.He seemed to never fit in.

Henderson needs to step up though since he was such a high pick.It’s his time to shine now.Lights are on.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
McVay said during his Monday evening video conference with reporters that Noteboom sustained a Grade 2 calf strain in Sunday's win at the Philadelphia Eagles.

I had a grade 2 calf strain about 10 years ago. In my late 40's and lack of care at the professional sports level I was good to go in 6 weeks.

My guess with a guy in his mid twenties, in great condition and the great physical therapy available, Noteboom could be back in two weeks.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I think Corbett to RG was to allow Noteboom LG... with Noteboom out they may shake up the line and move Corbett to LG and Edwards to RG, but we'll have to see.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We're really fortunate considering all the injuries this week. We don't need to rush Akers back, nor do with need to over-use Brown. We have 2 other running backs besides Henderson on the 53 man roster, and they can get some touches too.
Very possible we will get our first opportunity to watch the rookie Xavier Jones who played his college ball @ Southern Methodist. I sure enjoyed watching the videos of him playing in the NCAA. I think he shows some very good promise.
I had a grade 2 calf strain about 10 years ago. In my late 40's and lack of care at the professional sports level I was good to go in 6 weeks. My guess with a guy in his mid twenties, in great condition and the great physical therapy available, Noteboom could be back in two weeks.
After Noteboom came off the field I got more than a few shots of the sideline where he was moving around rather well with a slight limp. Noteboom was not sitting down but walking & standing with his fellow Rams.
When Noteboom comes back, he can back up 4 positions on the OL. We don't need Akers back yet, Brown being healthy, and Henderson breaking out makes him a luxury for now.
Agree with you on Akers. If the Rams need Brown to get snaps that finger will not keep him out.

Noteboom was the reserve back up swing OT during the season when the Rams went to the Superbowl. He started early @ RT then moved to LT the last 2 college seasons without missing any games. These OG snaps @ LG has been new for him last yr & still this season. I have never seen Noteboom ever get any snaps or hear of any RG practice. I still maintain that any success that Noteboom has in the NFL will come from playing the left tackle post.

What will be interesting is to see which reserve OL'er will join OT Bobby Evans & OC/OG Coleman Shelton as the 3rd game day OL'er?? Center Brian Allen or OT/OG Tremayne Anchrum......I think we will see rookie Anchrum in his first dress event as a Ram OL in the regular season. He was getting reps @ LT/LG in Training Camp.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

No. They’ve all said the turf was fine.

I wonder if it was their shoe choice?

I remember in the TWA dome, teams started out wearing cleats and they were like Bambi on ice. Rams basically played in sneakers and played so much faster. Took awhile for teams to really catch on.

With new turf, it’s gonna be a tad stickier, so going with a very low cleat or a court shoe equivalent might be better.

I dunno, but this might be on the 9ers equipment staff