Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The point I was trying to make is he post his opinions, sometimes he’ll post them as facts, but when he does post his opinion, he in turn never does respond to the opinions of of others, even when they question his opinions. And sometimes he has some, you might say, outlandish opinions.

Yeah he does often have some opinions that vary from the norm. I tend to agree with some but not all of his ideas. I don’t mind him not replying. I figure he just doesn’t like to argue his views. It makes it easier in the long run. And like I said to 503 ignore is a beautiful thing. I’ve forgotten the guys name that I ignored.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I had it out with CoachO and Hamner in private. It was a fun release. I wish more would have done it instead of letting them bully them and threaten not to give camp reports.

But I dont with dissatisfied fans. I see it as venting. It’s easier to put someone on ignore. I think there is one hug I have on ignore and after a year I can’t even recall his name. So it’s like he disappeared. I couldn’t be happier.

Same. The power of the ignore button is real.

I only have one person on ignore and it's only my second for the entire time I've been here and it totally changes the vibe.

I just can't abide anyone messing with the Ramily is all.

Just. Can't. Abide.

X knows what I mean

lebowski1-gif.gif

MauiRam

Rookie
Re. Cam Akers injury:

I separated some rib cartilage back in college, and I can tell you it hurts. (I got hit playing rugby... what a crazy-ass sport. Tackle football without pads!)

For me, it hurt to laugh, hurt to cough, hurt to breathe, hurt to sleep... basically everything I did freaking hurt for a while. Took a good month to settle down.

Anyway, can’t imagine playing RB in the NFL with separated rib cartilage. That would hurt like a MF’er. Glad they have powerful pain masking medication, but still...

You are correct sir - I can relate ..

I had a rib injury years ago - separated cartilage. My doctor told me that I’d have been better off breaking a rib. The story is somewhat amusing today some 47 years later, but at the time the injury was anything but.

Back then I’d only been on Maui for a year or maybe two, and lived in an old single wall cane house. No electricity, just gas for a stove and hot water. I slept on a futon on the floor which was comfortable enough, but after a painful encounter with a large centipede, I decided to construct an elevated wooden bed frame/platform waist high above the floor for my futon. I had only finished constructing it a couple of days before the following incident and was not really accustomed to it fully.

In those days I was an ardent Muhammed Ali fan, and opportunities to watch him were few and far between on Maui. As it happened on the day of the injury, I had a very nasty cold and my neighbor Mike (also an Ali fan) suggested a quick cure his grandfather swore by: brew up a pot of tea, dump in some honey & lemon juice and top it off with a half pint of whiskey. Stir up the brew – then chug it down all at once. Immediately after consumption get into bed & cover up with blankets – sweat it out overnight and in the morning I’d be cured!

I followed the advice to the letter. I’m not sure if I fell into a deep sleep or simply passed out. However, sometime later that evening I awoke groggily to Mike’s yelling: Tom! Tom! Get up! Ali’s on, hurry up! (Mike had electricity and a tv). Still half asleep I stood up and lurched quickly towards the bedroom door entirely forgetting I was 3 feet off the floor. The room was completely dark as I had extinguished my kerosene lantern when I went to bed. The next thing I knew was a terribly painful blow to my ribs and my head banging against something hard. I felt around in the dark not really knowing where I was. It felt like someone had beaten me up. Mike by this time had run back up to his house, and I was on my own. Astonishingly I did make it up to Mike’s house to see Ali, but the pain was really intense, and to this day I have no recollection of who he was fighting or who won or whatever.

The next day I was able to piece together what happened. I had simply walked off the bed (thinking I was on the floor), fallen forward in the pitch dark and landed ribs first on the old fashioned ceramic doorknob of my bedroom door, and richochetted into a corner wall hitting my head sharply.

It took a good month before I could laugh or cough without pain. It was tender for a long long time. Hopefully Cam will rehab quicker than I did although I was only 26 or so at the time.

When my doctor asked me what had happened, I was too embarrassed to be entirely forthright, and told him I fell out of my avocado tree trying to pick an avocado. I really did have an avocado tree ..

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Concerned about D Williams and his Achilles pain. Achilles can become obviously a big deal if not handled right.

If Williams can’t go, maybe Long gets the call

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
When I'd just started in BJJ, I was large like I am now and I was rolling with this really nice blue belt. Great guy, but pretty thin.

Anybody who's done wrestling, grappling or BJJ as a big person or with a big person knows that some things are just...different.

Well, we were practicing passes (where he was using a technique to sweep me from top position to bottom position and as he was getting into mount position, his knee came down squarely on my ribs instead of on the mat.

We heard a small crunch and I made a noise. Ya know, the kind of noise where you instantly know something is wrong.

I could barely breathe and was held out the rest of the session.

Turns out it was the same thing Akers has and it took me at least a month just to be able to sleep without pain.

God Bless these football players who can play through these pains, because good grief...

dang

Legend
How did X Jones look in training camp? He definately has a nose for the end zone in college. How cool would it be to have 4 man RB and WR tandems. Unlimited configurations for every possible situation.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You are correct sir - I can relate ..

I had a rib injury years ago - separated cartilage. My doctor told me that I’d have been better off breaking a rib. The story is somewhat amusing today some 47 years later, but at the time the injury was anything but.

Back then I’d only been on Maui for a year or maybe two, and lived in an old single wall cane house. No electricity, just gas for a stove and hot water. I slept on a futon on the floor which was comfortable enough, but after a painful encounter with a large centipede, I decided to construct an elevated wooden bed frame/platform waist high above the floor for my futon. I had only finished constructing it a couple of days before the following incident and was not really accustomed to it fully.

In those days I was an ardent Muhammed Ali fan, and opportunities to watch him were few and far between on Maui. As it happened on the day of the injury, I had a very nasty cold and my neighbor Mike (also an Ali fan) suggested a quick cure his grandfather swore by: brew up a pot of tea, dump in some honey & lemon juice and top it off with a half pint of whiskey. Stir up the brew – then chug it down all at once. Immediately after consumption get into bed & cover up with blankets – sweat it out overnight and in the morning I’d be cured!

I followed the advice to the letter. I’m not sure if I fell into a deep sleep or simply passed out. However, sometime later that evening I awoke groggily to Mike’s yelling: Tom! Tom! Get up! Ali’s on, hurry up! (Mike had electricity and a tv). Still half asleep I stood up and lurched quickly towards the bedroom door entirely forgetting I was 3 feet off the floor. The room was completely dark as I had extinguished my kerosene lantern when I went to bed. The next thing I knew was a terribly painful blow to my ribs and my head banging against something hard. I felt around in the dark not really knowing where I was. It felt like someone had beaten me up. Mike by this time had run back up to his house, and I was on my own. Astonishingly I did make it up to Mike’s house to see Ali, but the pain was really intense, and to this day I have no recollection of who he was fighting or who won or whatever.

The next day I was able to piece together what happened. I had simply walked off the bed (thinking I was on the floor), fallen forward in the pitch dark and landed ribs first on the old fashioned ceramic doorknob of my bedroom door, and richochetted into a corner wall hitting my head sharply.

It took a good month before I could laugh or cough without pain. It was tender for a long long time. Hopefully Cam will rehab quicker than I did although I was only 26 or so at the time.

When my doctor asked me what had happened, I was too embarrassed to be entirely forthright, and told him I fell out of my avocado tree trying to pick an avocado. I really did have an avocado tree ..

That's sucks man. You could have been lucky it was a rib injury. My dad slipped 3' off a ladder and broke his heal into three pieces. He was none weight bearing for three months and it was painful most of the time. He still gets swelling if he's on his feet too long.

Now you that you teased me with the centipede bit, give some quick details. I am a Coyote Peterson fan and watched him purposely get bitten by the giant desert centipede, it looked brutal.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I had it out with CoachO and Hamner in private. It was a fun release. I wish more would have done it instead of letting them bully them and threaten not to give camp reports.

But I dont with dissatisfied fans. I see it as venting. It’s easier to put someone on ignore. I think there is one hug I have on ignore and after a year I can’t even recall his name. So it’s like he disappeared. I couldn’t be happier.
Yeah... We encourage members to use the ignore feature. However, it's not a tool a moderator should use IMO.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
That's sucks man. You could have been lucky it was a rib injury. My dad slipped 3' off a ladder and broke his heal into three pieces. He was none weight bearing for three months and it was painful most of the time. He still gets swelling if he's on his feet too long.

Now you that you teased me with the centipede bit, give some quick details. I am a Coyote Peterson fan and watched him purposely get bitten by the giant desert centipede, it looked brutal.

Centipedes are no joke, they are nasty.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Potentially good news with Williams. Don‘t rush him back. We have depth.