Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
I would agree with you about Rivers. I smile every time I see Hollins make a play. What a steal away from the Broncos WWC. Just shows me that there are gold nuggets out there walking around if they find a team where they fit the scheme.

I posted yesterday that it's possible that next season OLB'er Justin Hollins might be a short term fill in for the departed Floyd. But early next year will be a good chance for Snead & McVay to let Staley get the ER/OLB'er & ILB'er units he needs in next year's draft. I also suggest a few corners too. I am all in for 4 or 5 defensive draft selections out of the possible 6 Snead picks that he will have.
With the other two picks being OL back up (Can't have enough of them) and a late round speedy WR who needs work.

fearsomefour

Legend
I would agree with you about Rivers. I smile every time I see Hollins make a play. What a steal away from the Broncos WWC. Just shows me that there are gold nuggets out there walking around if they find a team where they fit the scheme.

I posted yesterday that it's possible that next season OLB'er Justin Hollins might be a short term fill in for the departed Floyd. But early next year will be a good chance for Snead & McVay to let Staley get the ER/OLB'er & ILB'er units he needs in next year's draft. I also suggest a few corners too. I am all in for 4 or 5 defensive draft selections out of the possible 6 Snead picks that he will have.
Not much smiling vs SF then.
He was the worst player on D Sunday.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not much smiling vs SF then.
He was the worst player on D Sunday.
I had little to smile about after the Rams team mostly the offensive side turned in a :poop: tty day's work.

Snead & McVay need to fully know what they will have going into the 2021 season @ the edges of our defense. Right now I am not sure they could possibly have a good measure reading on that. Both Floyd & Ebukam will certainly be long gone. Rams have three OLB'ers UNHEALTHY. Lewis/ Okoronkwo & Lawler. They have two starting ILB'ers on the IR too. Rams have zero OLB'ers on the Practice Squad.

Og Okoronkwo, Jachai Polite, Natrez Patrick, Derek Rivers, Justin Hollins & Terrell Lewis are the rest of the OLB'ers the Rams have possibly available for the rest of the season. It's not good.:(:hellno:

Rams have to draft two OLB'er next year's limited ammo of draft picks.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams have to draft two OLB'er next year's limited ammo of draft picks.

Hopefully some compensatory selections not divvied out yet, however, at the very minimum one edge & an ILB as well, plus I liked to draft QB Jamie Newman too.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams News: Hip Issue Limited Jalen Ramsey In Week 12 Against 49ers
Rams News: Hip Issue Limited Jalen Ramsey In Week 12 Against 49ers - Rams Newswire
Jalen Ramsey

The Los Angeles Rams followed up their big win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with a poor performance against an injured San Francisco 49ers team in Week 12, falling 23-20 to drop to 7-4 on the season.

The game was particularly disappointing for the Rams because their defense played so great, coming up with three turnovers including a fumble returned for a touchdown.

L.A.’s offense, on the other hand, was the issue as they turned the ball over four times, with Jared Goff committing three of them.
As great as the Rams defense was though, they could not come up with one final stop to send the game to overtime with the 49ers driving down the field and kicking a field goal as time expired to win the game.

The Rams had no answer for 49ers wide receiver Deebo Samuel, who broke tackle after tackle to the tune of 11 receptions for 133 yards. On a lot of those plays, Rams star cornerback Jalen Ramsey was watching from the sidelines.

He had not missed a single snap on the season before this game but was limited to 50 of the team’s 72 defensive snaps against the 49ers. Sean McVay revealed the reason for that, and it appears Ramsey was dealing with a minor injury, via Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic:

Sean McVay said Jalen Ramsey reported a bit of a “hip thing” in pregame warmups yesterday that limited his snaps a little and was new info to the staff. Also said nothing lingering came out of the game injury-wise. Williams was rotational specific to personnel.
— Jourdan Rodrigue (@JourdanRodrigue) December 1, 2020

Along with Aaron Donald, Ramsey is the heart and soul of the Rams defense, so hopefully he is not forced to miss any time. He has been the lockdown corner the Rams had hoped he would be all season, well on his way to being named a Pro Bowler and All-Pro once again.

The Rams will be facing some tough receivers in the coming weeks, including DeAndre Hopkins when the Rams travel to take on the Arizona Cardinals in Week 13, so if Ramsey is unable to go then that would be a big loss. He is as competitive as they come though, so there is no doubt he will do everything in his power to be out on the field on Sunday.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Rams News: Hip Issue Limited Jalen Ramsey In Week 12 Against 49ers
Rams News: Hip Issue Limited Jalen Ramsey In Week 12 Against 49ers - Rams Newswire
Jalen Ramsey

The Los Angeles Rams followed up their big win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with a poor performance against an injured San Francisco 49ers team in Week 12, falling 23-20 to drop to 7-4 on the season.

The game was particularly disappointing for the Rams because their defense played so great, coming up with three turnovers including a fumble returned for a touchdown.

L.A.’s offense, on the other hand, was the issue as they turned the ball over four times, with Jared Goff committing three of them.
As great as the Rams defense was though, they could not come up with one final stop to send the game to overtime with the 49ers driving down the field and kicking a field goal as time expired to win the game.

The Rams had no answer for 49ers wide receiver Deebo Samuel, who broke tackle after tackle to the tune of 11 receptions for 133 yards. On a lot of those plays, Rams star cornerback Jalen Ramsey was watching from the sidelines.

He had not missed a single snap on the season before this game but was limited to 50 of the team’s 72 defensive snaps against the 49ers. Sean McVay revealed the reason for that, and it appears Ramsey was dealing with a minor injury, via Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic:

Along with Aaron Donald, Ramsey is the heart and soul of the Rams defense, so hopefully he is not forced to miss any time. He has been the lockdown corner the Rams had hoped he would be all season, well on his way to being named a Pro Bowler and All-Pro once again.

The Rams will be facing some tough receivers in the coming weeks, including DeAndre Hopkins when the Rams travel to take on the Arizona Cardinals in Week 13, so if Ramsey is unable to go then that would be a big loss. He is as competitive as they come though, so there is no doubt he will do everything in his power to be out on the field on Sunday.
JR missed the Miami game. Hopefully Goff's memory is as short as Cameron Da Silva's

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Some good news: Ogbo coming back this week! Higbee practicing and I believe Ramsey was too (no updates).

SJD limited

Some bad news: TLew and Allen held out.

Psycho_X

Legend
And no D. Williams on injury report despite him only being in on like 30 snaps? That's good I guess but that's a mystery still.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well we do know Og Okoronkwo will be back (y):)looking for some snaps with Polite now cut, Lewis looking like current high-grade Injured Reserve matter. Then there's Justin Hollins coming off his worse Ram game.

I just can not leave out mentioning the Samson Ebukam ....coming off his BIG 9ers game whereas a starter on the opposite side of Floyd Ebukam got 1 solo tackle & 1 assisting tackle, zero sacks but did manage a PDEF.

Edge Rusher Floyd did get 7 tackles but zero sacks too. None of our edge rushers were able to get a sack in that 9ers game......should we just now call them Edge Delayers or Ram Edge Impeders, or Edge Encumbered or Edge Decelerators?

Rams most definitely need to boost the talent level @ our two exterior starting posts in 2021 season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well we do know Og Okoronkwo will be back (y):)looking for some snaps with Polite now cut, Lewis looking like current high-grade Injured Reserve matter. Then there's Justin Hollins coming off his worse Ram game.

I just can not leave out mentioning the Samson Ebukam ....coming off his BIG 9ers game whereas a starter on the opposite side of Floyd Ebukam got 1 solo tackle & 1 assisting tackle, zero sacks but did manage a PDEF.

Edge Rusher Floyd did get 7 tackles but zero sacks too. None of our edge rushers were able to get a sack in that 9ers game......should we just now call them Edge Delayers or Ram Edge Impeders, or Edge Encumbered or Edge Decelerators?

Rams most definitely need to boost the talent level @ our two exterior starting posts in 2021 season.

So far the gamble on Lewis doesn't seem to be paying off. Its his first season and he's only played a handful of games. Too bad because he looked like he would/will be good.

He may have just made edge rusher an even bigger priority.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
How many 3rd round rookies play significant amount their first year? I think the jury is still out on the selection. Quite frankly, the story will not be known until after next year or maybe not even until after year 3. It’s a little ridiculous to be calling it now...even more so considering it’s a shorten CV situation year. But I guess some want immediate results and/or just want to be right.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
How many 3rd round rookies play significant amount their first year? I think the jury is still out on the selection. Quite frankly, the story will not be known until after next year or maybe not even until after year 3. It’s a little ridiculous to be calling it now...even more so considering it’s a shorten CV situation year. But I guess some want immediate results and/or just want to be right.
Depends on who is the starter playing in front of him. IN this case its Samson Ebukam. Of course, the jury is still out on a 2020 3rd rd selection who has only had limited action in 3 Ram games going into week 12 of this season.

I have not seen any above posts comment or indicating that Lewis's career has drawn to a close yet. I would say Lewis's 2020 season may very well be coming to a close though due to a knee that up till this time has been very UNHEALTHY.

I have a different opinion on what is expected from 3rd round OLB'ers or Edge Rushers. In truth, it usually doesn't take long for these high talent level defensive players to produce game day positive results. Now if we were discussing OL'ers I would be in full agreement!;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Or you should do some research before making assumptions

Lewis was injured frequently in college . He tore a ligament in his elbow and then an ACL in his right knee. According to an Alabama report half of the league wouldn't draft him due to his medical background. He has first round ability, but he lasted to round 3 because of his injury history. He missed 25 games between 2017 and 2018 seasons. Now he's injured again, predictable.

I never liked the pick. Third rounder is too high to gamble with. They could have a healthier player to contribute.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Or you should do some research before making assumptions

Lewis was injured frequently in college . He tore a ligament in his elbow and then an ACL in his right knee. According to an Alabama report half of the league wouldn't draft him due to his medical background. He has first round ability, but he lasted to round 3 because of his injury history. He missed 25 games between 2017 and 2018 seasons. Now he's injured again, predictable.

I never liked the pick. Third rounder is too high to gamble with. They could have a healthier player to contribute.

Wow, I normally like your posts. But dude you come off very pompous here. Time to get off your high horse. Funny you said do research and making “assumptions”. Because I know Lewis and his story extremely well going back to his junior year of HS. Don’t act like you know more than everyone else - or at least pretend not to be a prick in doing so.
I get it - you didn’t like the pick and you will stick to it no matter what since you know more. Got it. I bet you will continue this for years. Fun stuff. I’m sure your the life of a party dude.
For me, I’m going to be positive and support the guy as a fan and hope for great success in his career as a Ram. I’m certainly not gonna shit on him 12 games into his rookie year when he had virtually no training camp.
There’s a reason we got him in the 3rd. Because of the risk. He may not pan out. He may. We’ll see eventually. We also could have drafted a dude who can’t get on the field. Lewis has already — injuries and all.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not even close on Sunday.

Exactly- Reeder is all over the field playing hard. Once he gets beats he steps up on the next play. Leading The Rams with 12 tackles.Excellent motor like an old Pinto.Not impressive,but keeps running & dependable.Easy to replace,but in an emergency can be counted on.

Hollins just totally stinks!! Will see a big decrease in his reps. OBO is back & Ebukham has been playing ok.I will say about Hollins is that he looks the part.If he rev’s up his engine with some kick could be a excellent pick up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wow, I normally like your posts. But dude you come off very pompous here. Time to get off your high horse. Funny you said do research and making “assumptions”. Because I know Lewis and his story extremely well going back to his junior year of HS. Don’t act like you know more than everyone else - or at least pretend not to be a prick in doing so.
I get it - you didn’t like the pick and you will stick to it no matter what since you know more. Got it. I bet you will continue this for years. Fun stuff. I’m sure your the life of a party dude.
For me, I’m going to be positive and support the guy as a fan and hope for great success in his career as a Ram. I’m certainly not gonna shit on him 12 games into his rookie year when he had virtually no training camp.
There’s a reason we got him in the 3rd. Because of the risk. He may not pan out. He may. We’ll see eventually. We also could have drafted a dude who can’t get on the field. Lewis has already — injuries and all.

Agree on Lewis.

Lewis is a Big Talent. There were speculation that he could be the Steal of the 2020 draft. You think about Alabama & the players they produce.

Robinson being hurt has been a disappointment as well as for there production.

Bonifay surprisingly is not to high on Lewis. To me he was a High Risk Bigtime Reward.

I predict The Rams get there draft investment back & interest.

OBO & Ebukham are going to be FA’s soon.Production has not come over night & both need to step up & finish 2020 strong.

fearsomefour

Legend
Exactly- Reeder is all over the field playing hard. Once he gets beats he steps up on the next play. Leading The Rams with 12 tackles.Excellent motor like an old Pinto.Not impressive,but keeps running & dependable.Easy to replace,but in an emergency can be counted on.

Hollins just totally stinks!! Will see a big decrease in his reps. OBO is back & Ebukham has been playing ok.I will say about Hollins is that he looks the part.If he rev’s up his engine with some kick could be a excellent pick up.
I wouldn’t say Hollins stinks.
He did a bad job setting an edge vs SF despite that being a priority vs them.