Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly- Reeder is all over the field playing hard. Once he gets beats he steps up on the next play. Leading The Rams with 12 tackles.Excellent motor like an old Pinto.Not impressive,but keeps running & dependable.Easy to replace,but in an emergency can be counted on.

Hollins just totally stinks!! Will see a big decrease in his reps. OBO is back & Ebukham has been playing ok.I will say about Hollins is that he looks the part.If he rev’s up his engine with some kick could be a excellent pick up.

Hollins had a bad game, but he's generally been a solid player for us.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had good hopes for Hollins. Big, young, strong, and fast, and I was hoping that Denver was just playing him out of position at inside linebacker. It seems now that they might have been just trying to find a spot for him because edge did not work out. He did not have a good game against SF.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hollins had a bad game, but he's generally been a solid player for us.
Generally, Hollins plays more effectively outside than inside, but he does offer up versatility that Staley desires. Hollins is working for peanuts & came in right off the streets. Hard for me to knock on a guy who's was cut earlier by the Broncos & walked in our front door in Ramville.

Justin Hollins was the Ram's top reserve Lb'er both inside or outside currently. What does that say about the rest of what Staley has to go to war with? Rams just cut former 3rd round Jets pick Jacal Polite & resigned him to the PS. If there was ever a time the Rams needed Polite to do something it was the last few weeks.....we got nothing from him. Well, we finally have an OLB'er on the PS.

Then there is versatile LB'er Natrez Patrick has he ever played a defensive snap since he's been here the last two years? Just Special Teams?

It's Ogbonnia Okoronkwo's 3rd season if there ever was a time for Og to get his UNHEALTHY self together it's now! OG is a pure edge rusher IMO does not fit the versatile & disguise OLB'er Staley wants. I sure hope he puts Samson Ebukam on the bench from this point on.

Ram Org. will surely look to beef this unit with several prime choice draft selections.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Lewis out. SJD and Allen questionable. Everyone else is go!

Let's squad up and get the W!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wow, I normally like your posts. But dude you come off very pompous here. Time to get off your high horse. Funny you said do research and making “assumptions”. Because I know Lewis and his story extremely well going back to his junior year of HS. Don’t act like you know more than everyone else - or at least pretend not to be a prick in doing so.
I get it - you didn’t like the pick and you will stick to it no matter what since you know more. Got it. I bet you will continue this for years. Fun stuff. I’m sure your the life of a party dude.
I suggest you chill on this kind of crap. You are pretty new here and you're talking to a long time, well respected member of this board.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Yikes. Nice welcoming mat dude. So much for we’re all in this together.

I guess I’ll learn from your admonishing and simply not respond back to “long time” members who call me out (incorrectly so). I’ll sit at the little kids table and keep my mouth shut like a good boy. Hasn’t happen since the 70s but I’ll remember how to do so.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I suggest you chill on this kind of crap. You are pretty new here and you're talking to a long time, well respected member of this board.
I'll 2nd that on Elm.

Yes to others I'm new here,but I've been on a Ram board for Years, and Elm is a Class Act.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

I guess I’ll learn from your admonishing and simply not respond back to “long time” members who call me out (incorrectly so). I’ll sit at the little kids table and keep my mouth shut like a good boy. Hasn’t happen since the 70s but I’ll remember how to do so.

It's ok to disagree with someone's thoughts ... but don't call them names and freak out all angry.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
It's ok to disagree with someone's thoughts ... but don't call them names and freak out all angry.
Exactly, Hell many many here went thru that BS on other boards.

I disagree with the Mods here from time to time, but you know what,Best Board ever and I'm overwhelmed by how it's kept Civil.

Nice Job Mods, in fact Excellent Job.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wow, I normally like your posts. But dude you come off very pompous here. Time to get off your high horse. Funny you said do research and making “assumptions”. Because I know Lewis and his story extremely well going back to his junior year of HS. Don’t act like you know more than everyone else - or at least pretend not to be a prick in doing so.
I get it - you didn’t like the pick and you will stick to it no matter what since you know more. Got it. I bet you will continue this for years. Fun stuff. I’m sure your the life of a party dude.
For me, I’m going to be positive and support the guy as a fan and hope for great success in his career as a Ram. I’m certainly not gonna shit on him 12 games into his rookie year when he had virtually no training camp.
There’s a reason we got him in the 3rd. Because of the risk. He may not pan out. He may. We’ll see eventually. We also could have drafted a dude who can’t get on the field. Lewis has already — injuries and all.

You get what you give with me.

So you are an Alabama fan or just a Terrell Lewis fan and that's the reason you got offended by my not liking the Lewis pick. I can't help that. You wouldn't liKe it no matter what then. I'm all for letting guys develop. With some players it is evident after a year and a half if they were over drafted or will be a success. With some you know right away. But injury always trumps talent. Lewis has loads of potential but we won't see him reach it if he is on IR half the season. Meanwhile this team is close. Its tough to keep a playoff roster together year to year. Draft misses can really hurt.

I will always prefer that Snead doesn't choose very raw players early nor players with high injury risks, Gurley knee, Barrett Jones foot, Terrell Lewis elbow and knee, Ron Bartell raw, Brian Quick raw, etc... and if you are around here long then you will see me have a negative reaction to that kind of pick every time. Take a flier on a guy like that later and use higher picks on safer players. Third round picks start in their first year frequently in a salary cap league. JJ, and Cooper Kupp are two examples off the top of my head. Draft picks are too valuable when teams lose players to free agency every year. And if I'm wrong I'll gladly admit it in three years. I have no trouble doing that, because I can't lose. If I'm wrong the Rams get a great player and I eat crow or I'm right and the guy can't stay healthy or never develops.

ACL's are risky, Gurley is evidence of that. Its a serious injury for a premiere athlete to have and usually results in arthritis. Same for elbow ligaments. I have injured them in the past and if I'm not careful the pain and weakness come right back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So you are an Alabama fan or just a Terrell Lewis fan and that's the reason you got offended by my not liking the Lewis pick. I can't help that. You wouldn't liKe it no matter what then. I'm all for letting guys develop. With some players it is evident after a year and a half if they were over drafted or will be a success. With some you know right away. But injury always trumps talent. Lewis has loads of potential but we won't see him reach it if he is on IR half the season. Meanwhile this team is close. Its tough to keep a playoff roster together year to year. Draft misses can really hurt.

I will always prefer that Snead doesn't choose very raw players early nor players with high injury risks, Gurley knee, Barrett Jones foot, Terrell Lewis elbow and knee, Ron Bartell raw, Brian Quick raw, etc... and if you are around here long then you will see me have a negative reaction to that kind of pick every time. Take a flier on a guy like that later and use higher picks on safer players. Third round picks start in their first year frequently in a salary cap league. JJ, and Cooper Kupp are two examples off the top of my head. Draft picks are too valuable when teams lose players to free agency every year. And if I'm wrong I'll gladly admit it in three years. I have no trouble doing that, because I can't lose. If I'm wrong the Rams get a great player and I eat crow or I'm right and the guy can't stay healthy or never develops.

ACL's are risky, Gurley is evidence of that. Its a serious injury for a premiere athlete to have and usually results in arthritis. Same for elbow ligaments. I have injured them in the past and if I'm not careful the pain and weakness come right back.

Look, I had my doubts about the Lewis pick too. His talent was and is evident, but I didn't think he'd be able to stay healthy long enough to show it. I hope he proves me wrong. That all said, look at the draft. There was only one edge rusher drafter after Lewis whom I actually thought was worth a damn. That's Jonathan Greenard. And I didn't think Greenard had massive upside, but I saw him as a solid EDGE player. Lewis obviously has far more upside (and far more risk). Steelers fans have complimented Alex Highsmith. He might prove me wrong, but I didn't think he was any good.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Imho anyone that didn't know the Lewis pick was High Risk, well me , I exclusively stay out of this. Lol

I wish the Young Man the Best.

And you Doctors, Fix that Gosh Darn Knee.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
With the run threat posed by the gridbirds, I'm concerned with our interior D-line. We really have been hopeful on A-Rob coming in to take charge. I'm curious, and concerned as to why he's been available the last few weeks but yet SJD has been getting the lion share of snaps? With that thought in mind, this week SJD is doubtful. I sure hope A-Rob is ready to step it up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the run threat posed by the gridbirds, I'm concerned with our interior D-line. We really have been hopeful on A-Rob coming in to take charge. I'm curious, and concerned as to why he's been available the last few weeks but yet SJD has been getting the lion share of snaps? With that thought in mind, this week SJD is doubtful. I sure hope A-Rob is ready to step it up.

SJD is playing good football A'shawn has rotated in with SJD and Brock. Teams haven't had much success running inside of late. When they have gotten us, it seems like it has generally been attacking the edges.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Yeah, SJD has had his breakout season this year. Time to see if A Robinson can step it up

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I guess I’ll learn from your admonishing and simply not respond back to “long time” members who call me out (incorrectly so). I’ll sit at the little kids table and keep my mouth shut like a good boy.

Ram Ts you’ve been here long enough to know it’s not that. It’s rule 7.

The comment of long standing member; The moderator was simply pointing out you might have misread his tone, as that member has been here a while.

That’s all. Chalk it up to misunderstanding, seek clarification, move on, etc.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Sigh.

Disagreeing and discussion is the life blood of a board. Just show respect to other members and don't get into this "life of the party", "prick", "get off your high horse", etc... This is not the place for it.

fearsomefour

Legend
Exactly, Hell many many here went thru that BS on other boards.

I disagree with the Mods here from time to time, but you know what,Best Board ever and I'm overwhelmed by how it's kept Civil.

Nice Job Mods, in fact Excellent Job.
My favorite experience on another board was finally figuring out that a specific poster had three or four different IDs.
He would post something he knew I would agree with, then, when I responded he would use the other IDs to attack me.
Weird and crazy.

Tano

Legend

Gurley gave us 3 great years and 1 so so year before we resigned him. I don't think I would have resigned him since running backs especially ones with past knee issues don't usually last over 5 years. But with looking back at his performance, I have no problems with Fisher drafting him number 10.

So maybe after this first year with Lewis where he has minor issues here and there, maybe we can get 2 or 3 very good years out of Lewis with offseason training and conditioning in the pros. I hope to hell the COVID vaccine makes it so we can go about business as normal so our rookies and second year players can go back to training at the Rams facility.

Note - please don't derail this thread into a COVID discussion lol.