Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Dang no Lewis is big blow with Micah already out, rapp out and Obo not ready. F-ing niners
Jeez. I wanted a full force defensive juggernaut facing the 69ers offense. No friggin breaks or mercy. Next man up for Reeder and Hollins.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The defense has been the MVP of the season, Goff and the O need to tell the D, we got this

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I think we come out and punch the 49ers in the mouth. Running the ball, play action l - we absolutely give it to them

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams News: Micah Kiser Expected To Miss Only 3 Games After Being Placed On IR Due To Knee Injury - Rams Newswire
1606578257508.png

The Los Angeles Rams are quickly cementing themselves as a Super Bowl threat during the 2020 season.

Under Sean McVay, the Rams have a reputation as one of the more creative teams on offense but it has been their defense that has propelled them to the top of the NFC West standings. Defensive coordinator Brandon Staley looks like a home run hire from McVay as he has managed to cultivate the talent on the roster and turn it into one of the league’s best units.

However, Los Angeles unfortunately saw the team’s leading tackler, starting inside linebacker Micah Kiser, get hurt in the Week 11 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Kiser was subsequently placed on IR due to a knee injury, thus depleting what was already a thin linebacker corps.

According to Gary Klein of L.A. Times, McVay is hoping Kiser’s injury only holds him out a few weeks:

“The hope is that it’s just those three games,” McVay said during a videoconference after practice. “It was something that you even debate whether or not you wanted to do it [put him on injured reserve] because it’s kind of right in that fringe area.”
Losing Kiser hurts, but McVay seems to trust second-year linebacker Troy Reeder to step in until he is able to return:

“I do have a lot of confidence in Troy to step in and seamlessly handle the job,” McVay said Wednesday, when Kiser’s status was still to be determined. “He’s really done a great job of preparing himself for when his opportunities do come up.
“He was ready to go against Washington. I thought last year, he definitely demonstrated as a rookie it wasn’t too big for him where he started a handful of games at [middle] linebacker and played a significant amount of snaps. Expect him to step in and do a great job for us this week as well.”
Kiser was having a solid season as the starter, but Reeder is not a bad choice to fill his position after what he has shown in extended looks. Reeder had three sacks in the Rams’ win against the Washington Football Team, showing he has some juice around the line of scrimmage.

With Kiser out, Reeder will get a chance to show McVay and Staley he is deserving of more playing time. Hopefully he can another successful outing in Week 12 against the San Francisco 49ers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams News: Micah Kiser Expected To Miss Only 3 Games After Being Placed On IR Due To Knee Injury - Rams Newswire
View attachment 41425
The Los Angeles Rams are quickly cementing themselves as a Super Bowl threat during the 2020 season.

Under Sean McVay, the Rams have a reputation as one of the more creative teams on offense but it has been their defense that has propelled them to the top of the NFC West standings. Defensive coordinator Brandon Staley looks like a home run hire from McVay as he has managed to cultivate the talent on the roster and turn it into one of the league’s best units.

However, Los Angeles unfortunately saw the team’s leading tackler, starting inside linebacker Micah Kiser, get hurt in the Week 11 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Kiser was subsequently placed on IR due to a knee injury, thus depleting what was already a thin linebacker corps.

According to Gary Klein of L.A. Times, McVay is hoping Kiser’s injury only holds him out a few weeks:

Losing Kiser hurts, but McVay seems to trust second-year linebacker Troy Reeder to step in until he is able to return:

Kiser was having a solid season as the starter, but Reeder is not a bad choice to fill his position after what he has shown in extended looks. Reeder had three sacks in the Rams’ win against the Washington Football Team, showing he has some juice around the line of scrimmage.

With Kiser out, Reeder will get a chance to show McVay and Staley he is deserving of more playing time. Hopefully he can another successful outing in Week 12 against the San Francisco 49ers.

Well, getting him back potentially in another 3 weeks beats something worse. Kiser feels important.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well, getting him back potentially in another 3 weeks beats something worse. Kiser feels important.
Rams could always resign 2020 7th round selection MLB Clay Johnston back from the Carolina Panthers where he has rode the PS all season.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1332772040840011778
#LARams transactions:
• Signed LB @NatrezPatrick_9 to the 53-man roster
• Elevated DB @Jr_Reed1 from practice squad for gameday
• Activated DE @D_Rivers11 from exemption
• Restored DB @jakegervase10 to practice squad

Good information here:

Staley now has some reinforcements for his defense. One might conclude that OLB Justin Hollins will see a great deal of ILB'er action playing behind both Reeder & Young. Staley brought up two OLB'ers to be available to cover for the loss of OLB Terrell Lewis & OLB Hollins having to play inside with OLB Natez Patrick & new ex Pats OLB Derek Rivers.

Like I said before Safety JR Reed was an all American safety for UG last season.....he went undrafted?? Rams might have something here due to his versatility.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Man I really hope Hi.gbee is in there

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good information here:

Staley now has some reinforcements for his defense. One might conclude that OLB Justin Hollins will see a great deal of ILB'er action playing behind both Reeder & Young. Staley brought up two OLB'ers to be available to cover for the loss of OLB Terrell Lewis & OLB Hollins having to play inside with OLB Natez Patrick & new ex Pats OLB Derek Rivers.

Like I said before Safety JR Reed was an all American safety for UG last season.....he went undrafted?? Rams might have something here due to his versatility.

I was a big J.R. Reed fan. Really smart player. Great in the box. But I'm not sure Rivers is ready for a major role. Can't imagine he knows the ins and outs of the defense after two weeks. Maybe I'm wrong. Would love to see Hollins play inside. He's a great athlete.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I was a big J.R. Reed fan. Really smart player. Great in the box. But I'm not sure Rivers is ready for a major role. Can't imagine he knows the ins and outs of the defense after two weeks. Maybe I'm wrong. Would love to see Hollins play inside. He's a great athlete.
I would agree with you about Rivers. I smile every time I see Hollins make a play. What a steal away from the Broncos WWC. Just shows me that there are gold nuggets out there walking around if they find a team where they fit the scheme.

I posted yesterday that it's possible that next season OLB'er Justin Hollins might be a short term fill in for the departed Floyd. But early next year will be a good chance for Snead & McVay to let Staley get the ER/OLB'er & ILB'er units he needs in next year's draft. I also suggest a few corners too. I am all in for 4 or 5 defensive draft selections out of the possible 6 Snead picks that he will have.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I thought Mundt's strong suit was supposed to be blocking?
I think his hands are better than his blocking. Most defenses forget about Mundt to stay with Higbee & Everett. Mundt is a smart player but limited in skills. Johnny Mundy knew he needed to learn to block better to play in the NFL & he did improve but he just not big & strong enough to ever be a real big LOS blocker he gets by with extra effort.

When Everett departs in March JM might be able to fight off the two youngins & be safe for one more season due to the inexperience of both TE Hopkins & Blanton. Never know though I have never seen Hopkins play in a Ram uni & Kendall Blanton has a bigger wingspan than Higbee & does have some blocking skills.

In 2021 it just might be Higbee-Blanton-Hopkins trio @ TE.

Last edited: