Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It looked like he jammed his fingers on that pass. Hurts like hell but usually goes away after a few minutes. I hope that I am right on this.
It does hurt. I've done it many times

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams' Micah Kiser: Suffers injury Monday
By RotoWire Staff
23 mins ago
Rams' Micah Kiser: Suffers injury Monday - CBSSports.com

Kiser exited late in the fourth quarter of Monday's win over the Buccaneers and didn't return, Cameron DaSilva of USA Today reports.

Kiser took a head-to-head hit from Bucs running back Leonard Fournette and then had his left leg rolled up on. It's unclear which part of the sequence kept him out of the game, but that information should be revealed when the Rams begin their practice week Wednesday.

Tano

Legend
Rams' Micah Kiser: Suffers injury Monday
By RotoWire Staff
23 mins ago
Rams' Micah Kiser: Suffers injury Monday - CBSSports.com

Kiser exited late in the fourth quarter of Monday's win over the Buccaneers and didn't return, Cameron DaSilva of USA Today reports.

Kiser took a head-to-head hit from Bucs running back Leonard Fournette and then had his left leg rolled up on. It's unclear which part of the sequence kept him out of the game, but that information should be revealed when the Rams begin their practice week Wednesday.
That doesn't sound too serious. If it was, we would have heard IR or something like that.

This might be game to game which granted I have seen be up to 5 games in the past

Psycho_X

Legend

Was pretty obvious that it was his knee. He grabbed for it when the pile rolled on him and he was walking very gingerly on the sideline. Hopefully just a mild sprain or tweak.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Was pretty obvious that it was his knee. He grabbed for it when the pile rolled on him and he was walking very gingerly on the sideline. Hopefully just a mild sprain or tweak.
Sure would be uncomfortable going into the 9ers game & facing what will be the three healthy 9ers trio of RB's Coleman, McKinnon & the return of Mostert back from covid with our two reserve ILB'ers of Reeder & Young.

Psycho_X

Legend
Sure would be uncomfortable going into the 9ers game & facing what will be the three healthy 9ers trio of RB's Coleman, McKinnon & the return of Mostert back from covid with our two reserve ILB'ers of Reeder & Young.

Gives me nightmares especially with Rapp out too.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien

Reeder has played well when given the opportunity.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What is wrong with Rapp?
He has one knee that is not functioning & has had issues with it from the beginning of training camp. He has been on the IR since the Seahawks game & we will not see him until the regular season has concluded. Thats much better:biggrin:.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Reeder has played well when given the opportunity.
True but those three RB's of the 9ers are serious burners with a ton of quickness.....something that Reeder has very little of.

With Rapp now out for the season & not available to step up into the interior posts like he did in 2019 Staley might be cooking up "something completely different". Keep an eye on safety Jordan Fuller or JJ III taking on the Rapp role if Kiser is gimpy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
True but those three RB's of the 9ers are serious burners with a ton of quickness.....something that Reeder has very little of.

With Rapp now out for the season & not available to step up into the interior posts like he did in 2019 Staley might be cooking up "something completely different". Keep an eye on safety Jordan Fuller or JJ III taking on the Rapp role if Kiser is gimpy.

Even with Kiser playing alright I think a speedy middle linebacker has to be a top priority this off season thanks to facing the Niners offense twice a year. Its the only real weakness on the defense.

Psycho_X

Legend
He has one knee that is not functioning & has had issues with it from the beginning of training camp. He has been on the IR since the Seahawks game & we will not see him until next season.

Was that confirmed? Thought it was a 3-6 week deal.

Even with Kiser playing alright I think a speedy middle linebacker has to be a top priority this off season thanks to facing the Niners offense twice a year. Its the only real weakness on the defense.

I think they were hoping for Travin Howard to fill that void who has good speed so he might still be an answer next season. They've used a combo of Young, Burgess and Rapp to cover that but now Burgess and Rapp are out. Injury bug has not been kind to our intermediate ranged players.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
We wont lose to the 9ers this week. I don't care who they have at RB. The return of A robinson has really helped this Dline, you've seen it since his return. Also AD is staying in his gaps which is why i assume his numbers have been down the last couple of games. That was always my one complaint about AD. he gets upfield too quickly sometimes and RB's just blast by him.

Reeder has also played very well this season when given any opportunities. I don't expect that to change. I expect if Kiser is out for a couple of weeks Reeder will take over his spot. You heard it here first.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Was that confirmed? Thought it was a 3-6 week deal.

I think they were hoping for Travin Howard to fill that void who has good speed so he might still be an answer next season. They've used a combo of Young, Burgess and Rapp to cover that but now Burgess and Rapp are out. Injury bug has not been kind to our intermediate ranged players.

Howard is a big safety. One thing you see with these lighter guys playing linebacker is that they are more susceptible to injury. I'm not a fan of the strategy. Rapp's had an injury stemming from last year (and taking a box safety in round 2 is not good value).

I love Burgess. I think he will be a very good free safety but is not well cast as a SS.

Howard is a real tweener. I think they need a more study option. We've seen some good/big mlbs get injured this year. Now lightweights please.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If you recall Staley capitalized on his strengths and covered his weaknesses. Maybe we see him blitzing often next Sunday
Could be! Reeder does have a very good quick first step going forward. He is also one serious tackler who does bring the hit when he hits going forward. Reeder big issues enter the picture when he has to stop & run laterally or in reverse. But he is getting better on the angles he takes. A special note here is Reeder's college experience was as a OLB'er.;)
As of last week, McVay described Rapp’s injury as a Grade 2 MCL sprain that would keep him out 3-4 weeks. Did you see something different, or have you read/heard any updates?
Smart that you caught that mistake!
No I did not. What I should have done in my post is inserted the work "REGULAR" in from of the word season. But as we all know the time healings of Sprains vary so often.

Rapp has started two games and been a backup in the other four. He played less than 25% of the snaps in three games. What's in my small capacity memory & small brain is this is Rapps second soft tissue knee sprain injury to the same knee in less than 5 months.

Now, this is only my opinion here that the first injury was more severe "grade 3" due to the length of time it took before Rapp was back in a limited capacity practicing. However, I can not find any detailed information to confirm the degree of that early knee injury either. So there's that. That's two soft tissue knee sprain injuries to the same knee.

It's just my narrow way of thinking since the Rams have a large cadre of healthy safeties @ this time that there is no need to bring back Taylor Rapp early until that knee is totally healed & strong. If the Rams enter the post-season activities I certainly assume that Rapp will be available if healthy.

I am not all that sure that Staley will make a change away from the highly productive safety trio Johnson-Fuller-Scott to insert Rapp. Once, Rapp, is healthy the role Staley might end up utilizing him in is the interior LB'ing unit which is where Rapp ended up playing most of all his snaps in 2019 (which is hurting at this time) not in deep in the secondary.

Last edited:

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Howard is a big safety. One thing you see with these lighter guys playing linebacker is that they are more susceptible to injury. I'm not a fan of the strategy. Rapp's had an injury stemming from last year (and taking a box safety in round 2 is not good value).

I love Burgess. I think he will be a very good free safety but is not well cast as a SS.

Howard is a real tweener. I think they need a more study option. We've seen some good/big mlbs get injured this year. Now lightweights please.
Your Post is spot on imho.

Happy Holiday Elm.

Psycho_X

Legend

I agree with all of that and I would love to be able to grab a big, speedy MLB'er but you are usually going to get one or the other or an in between compromise. I think the plan this year originally was Kiser being the true MLB'er with Howard being the range guy with Rapp utilized on true passing downs. Absolutely if we can nab a speed, big guy I'm all for it but those guys tend to be rare. Most teams seem to scheme multiple players to their strengths to cover that which we have been capable of but injuries might start to stress that ability.