Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Yes I do promise Whit won't play again this season. And yes, there's no other way to spin it, in that in this case I do feel I know more than the team doctor ... and yes, from only watching the replay and Whit's reaction afterwards. THAT even sounds crazy to me as I re-read it, haha. But I'm right. I promise.

OK but you are not in a position to promise anything. A promise comes from someone with control over a situation, and you are just presenting your opinion as a fact. There are no prizes for predicting the future with a promise, is there? Mods, is there a contest I'm not aware of?

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

I would LOVE to bet on this. With ROD money of course.
Can you create such a bet for us on ROD?

If you can, so that there's no misunderstanding at all, here's my official stance (prediction).
Whit will either never play again this season .... or .... he will try playing in one single game and either tweek it again and be done, or realize he cannot play again this season. To be clear, he will not play again this season for more than 1 single 1/2 of a game.

In other words, this injury keeps him from playing again this entire season (anything more than 1/2 a game)
The reason I add that is that like all of us I UNDERSTAND he is a fighter, a tough player, and he's an opptomistic person. I think it's possible for those reasons he MIGHT prematurely try and get back out there. But I'm actually about 80% on the side that he won't even try again this season.

That's my prediction and opinion. I'll put $20,000 ROD money on that for sure. :(

Last edited:

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
OK but you are not in a position to promise anything. A promise comes from someone with control over a situation, and you are just presenting your opinion as a fact. There are no prizes for predicting the future with a promise, is there? Mods, is there a contest I'm not aware of?

I don't want any prizes for correctly predicting, thanks anyway. By saying "I promise" is just my own personal way of telling people how seriously sure I am about my statement.

Regarding your phrase in italics above. Then forget that "I promise." Can you give me a "prize" just for predicting the future? (no promise involved)

:)

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Andrew Whitworth is still playing at a near elite level. He wasn't as good last year but was still well above average to my eye. The man defies father time. If the knee heals fine and the fire to play is still there, he'll be back in 2021 (my fingers are crossed), and a huge asset at that. He might well decline with another year on his tires, but even if he does, you have to think he'll still be quite decent. It's rare that in just one year an offensive lineman will go from excellent to poor due to age. The decline is usually more gradual.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I would LOVE to bet on this. With ROD money of course.
Can you create such a bet for us on ROD?

If you can, so that there is no here's my official stance (prediction).
Whit will either never play again this season .... or .... he will try playing in one single game and either tweek it again and be done, or realize he cannot play again this season. To be clear, he will not play again this season for more than 1 single 1/2 of a game.

In other words, this injury keeps him from playing again this entire season (anything more than 1/2 a game)
The reason I add that is that like all of us I UNDERSTAND he is a fighter, a tough player, and he's an opptomistic person. I think it's possible for those reasons he MIGHT prematurely try and get back out there. But I'm actually about 80% on the side that he won't even try again this season.

That's my prediction and opinion. I'll put $20,000 ROD money on that for sure. :(
Are you thus saying your opinion is to be valued over the Rams opinions?
If so are you thus saying your opinion is to be valued over the the medical opinions of medical experts?
Do you realize these medical experts operated on Whit’s knee and seen the extent of the injury, something you did not?
Now do you want us to believe you based on a video you’ve seen of a play, the same video we’ve all seen, instead medical expert opinion, who actually seen the condition of his knee?
I hope you see why we don’t.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do we think Obo might be coming back this week? There are currently two open roster spots, as well as the two potential spots that can be used from their practice squad.

I suspect we're going to pull up J.R. Reed from the practice squad to cover for the loss of Rapp this week (it might have been Gervase, but, you know, COVID), and maybe MacGinnis in case they waffle on him or Gay right until game time, but I can't believe they leave both of the other roster spots open ...

So, Obo?

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Andrew Whitworth is still playing at a near elite level. He wasn't as good last year but was still well above average to my eye. The man defies father time. If the knee heals fine and the fire to play is still there, he'll be back in 2021 (my fingers are crossed), and a huge asset at that. He might well decline with another year on his tires, but even if he does, you have to think he'll still be quite decent. It's rare that in just one year an offensive lineman will go from excellent to poor due to age. The decline is usually more gradual.

Great points. @OntarioRam
Do you personally think he will play again this year? I mean, just take a guess. For fun.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Are you thus saying your opinion is to be valued over the Rams opinions?
If so are you thus saying your opinion is to be valued over the the medical opinions of medical experts?
Do you realize these medical experts operated on Whit’s knee and seen the extent of the injury, something you did not?
Now do you want us to believe you based on a video you’ve seen of a play, the same video we’ve all seen, instead medical expert opinion, who actually seen the condition of his knee?
I hope you see why we don’t.

Yes sir. Look up above. I openly admitted that I feel I am making a more correct prediction than the Rams medical staff. I'm not hiding this fact. I'm going on common sense and gut feeling, and from what I saw happen to Whit's leg on that play. Again, so there is no confusion. Yes. I'm saying he won't play again this year. Rams doctors are saying 6-8 weeks.

I think I'm correct and they are not. :oops:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I would LOVE to bet on this.

Whit will either never play again this season .... or .... he will try playing in one single game and either tweek it again and be done, or realize he cannot play again this season.
Would you prefer to be correct, and the Rams’ top OL does not return in a season when the Team could do something special?
Or ...
Would you prefer to be wrong, and he returns to contribute to a winning situation?

It sounds like the former.

If that’s the case, you are officially my second favorite poster on this Forum.

Eyeryone else is tied for first.

dang

Legend
I here ya. Choice of words probably not the greatest. So these next words will probably piss you off and I'm sorry for that.

Do you think that us "keeping a positive attitude" will heel his injury faster?

Yes I do promise Whit won't play again this season. And yes, there's no other way to spin it, in that in this case I do feel I know more than the team doctor ... and yes, from only watching the replay and Whit's reaction afterwards. THAT even sounds crazy to me as I re-read it, haha. But I'm right. I promise.
Dude. Give your forum rep a chance and let it go!!

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Yes sir. Look up above. I openly admitted that I feel I am making a more correct prediction than the Rams medical staff. I'm not hiding this fact. I'm going on common sense and gut feeling, and from what I saw happen to Whit's leg on that play. Again, so there is no confusion. Yes. I'm saying he won't play again this year. Rams doctors are saying 6-8 weeks.

I think I'm correct and they are not. :oops:
No you’re not going on common sense.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
It’s like the guy at blackjack who losses all 500 of his money, goes to atm and puts it all down again. Just can’t stop and double down hoping for a win.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Great points. @OntarioRam
Do you personally think he will play again this year? I mean, just take a guess. For fun.

I think he will, if his rehab goes accordingly. The NFC seems wide open this year. The Rams have as good a chance as getting to the Super Bowl as anyone else in the conference, in my opinion, especially because defences tend to travel well and are even more important in the playoffs. I think he'd want to return for a playoff push, if able, as he already made it this far into the season. This is all speculation on my part, of course. Nobody can see inside Big Whit's head.

fearsomefour

Legend
Look guys. I'm telling you that Whit will not play again this season.
At the VERY LEAST, he'll give it a try during our first playoff game, and will realize it hurts and is not stable.

We all love Whit. But his season is over. I promise.
I wish I was wrong.

edit: No I do not claim to have a crystal ball. This is only my opinion based on what I saw the night of the injury during that particular play, and Whit's demeanor afterwards when headed to the locker room.
So, him being upset immediately after his injury before a diagnosis is your basis for saying he won’t play this year??
That seems......bizarre.