Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Last edited:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Sounds like they're saying 6ish weeks here too.

Have they done the MRI yet? Usually that's a next day deal. The MRI will give by far the best information on the extent of a tear. Nothing else is definitive.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Have they done the MRI yet? Usually that's a next day deal. The MRI will give by far the best information on the extent of a tear. Nothing else is definitive.
They must have done the MRI to get comments,knowledge of the exact injury.

Torn MCL and Damage to PCL. Our Ram Girl says 3 weeks IR and 21days Oldschool posted it on page 23 and from what NFL.Com is saying.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Forbath was injured too? What do we do at Kicker now? LOL. Kaare Vedvik? At least he can kick the ball through the end zone. Austin MacGinnis? Brett Maher? Matt Gay? Giorgio Tavecchio?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Austin MacGinnis is on the PS, so he would be next man up... But I think we add some to the PS. Fuck me I said they should have attempted to trade for a kicker at the trade deadline.!

Ma, Fuck the meatloaf!!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
There’s optimism Andrew Whitworth’s injury isn’t season-ending

Cameron DaSilva
Mon, November 16, 2020, 8:12 AM EST·1 min read

66e5fb63c521e999b5f2450539e883bc

There was a cloud hanging over the Rams on Sunday night despite their 23-16 win over the Seahawks, stemming from the devastating injury suffered by Andrew Whitworth in the first half. He had to be carted off the field and the initial report was that he suffered a torn MCL and damage to his PCL.

Ian Rapoport reported that he’s headed to injured reserve, but as Jay Glazer first reported, the initial prognosis was not as bad as expected. His ACL is intact, which is good news.
Rapoport also said that while Whitworth is going on IR, there’s optimism that Whitworth’s injury isn’t season-ending – especially if the Rams make the playoffs.

While Andrew Whitworth will still get a second opinion, there is optimism that his injury is not season-ending — especially if the #Rams make the playoffs. https://t.co/SVw2UFYu7A
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 16, 2020
The Rams were OK without Whitworth on Sunday thanks to relatively solid play by Joe Noteboom, but going an extended period of time without their stud left tackle will be a challenge. They’re positioned nicely to make a run at the postseason and if they do, getting Whitworth back would be huge.

Despite being 38, Whitworth is playing as well as he ever has, deserving of All-Pro consideration.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams' Andrew Whitworth suffers torn MCL vs. Seahawks but ACL is intact, might return in 2020, per report
It doesn't appear to be a worst-case scenario in Los Angeles

NFL: Los Angeles Rams at Arizona Cardinals

.The Los Angeles Rams won the fight against their bitter rival in Week 10, but lost Andrew Whitworth while trying to do it. Their 23-16 victory over the Seattle Seahawks helped them gain ground in a hyper-competitive NFC West, but the veteran offensive tackle wasn't around to enjoy the conclusion, having been carted off with a knee injury during the game. Initial tests revealed a mix of good and bad news, the he and the Rams are focusing on the former. The four-time Pro Bowler reportedly suffered no tears in his ACL, per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, and that means there's a possibility he'll return to the field in 2020.

Even if he does though, it won't be anytime soon, because this is where the bad news comes in. Whitworth did tear his MCL and damage his PCL on Sunday, which will likely land him on injured reserve and cost him a large chunk of the remainder of the season.

Whitworth is reportedly seeking a second opinion before heading to IR.

The 37-year-old hasn't missed a start for the Rams since over the past two seasons, and has been mostly durable since entering the NFL in 2006 as the Bengals second-round pick. He'd eventually land in Los Angeles in 2017 on a three-year contract, already having three Pro Bowl nods and two All-Pro honors under his belt. He'd add to both categories in his time with the Rams, and has become a stalwart at the offensive edge. Any amount of time missed will be noticeable to quarterback Jared Goff and all running backs looking for lanes to run through at the left edge, but assuming the Rams make the playoffs, he has a chance to strap back on his helmet in January.

In his absence, head coach Sean McVay will lean heavily on players like Tremayne Anchrum and Bobby Evans. Anchrum is a rookie seventh-round pick out of Clemson and Evans is in his second NFL season after getting the nod as a third-round pick in 2019. The dropoff in experience from Whitworth will be evident, so the sooner the club can get their resident left tackle back, the better.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Good new on Whitworth. I hope he heals well and is ready to play when he gets back. If everything goes well we're going to need him for the playoffs.

I backed Sloman due to him being a rookie and I knew he would have growing pains but Forbath is not a rookie and I've seem enough of him to know he's not the answer. Next.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whit is a warrior. Prayers for his family and a healthy recovery!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Forbath was injured too? What do we do at Kicker now? LOL. Kaare Vedvik? At least he can kick the ball through the end zone. Austin MacGinnis? Brett Maher? Matt Gay? Giorgio Tavecchio?
MacInnis is on the PS. With COVID rules he’s likely the only option to Forbath for this coming week. Time for him to prove himself.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Thanks for the Updates Ram Bro's.

Come on Whit get better.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

They're dropping like flies.

Nah, just getting dinged.

As opposed to so many other teams, I will take it and not say anything because some teams have been given the prison love this season and us having gone through that for several seasons in a row before McVay, I don't wish that on any team.

I always wanna beat teams at full strength so there's no injury excuse.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hot damn! A boost like Whitworth coming back for the playoffs, not only good for the team... sounds like a Superbowl push story.