Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I could see them moving back a little in round 2 to get another top 100 picks since they only have 6 picks.

So something like...

2. DL
3. CB
3. OT
4. WR (speed guy)
4. DT
6. K (take another shot at a kicker)
7. ILB
Are you sure about your prospective Rams seven draft selections in 2022?
I was thinking that our 2021 draft would be closer to this:
2nd
3rd
3rd-Late CDPA
4th-Late CDPA
6th
7th
A total of six selections that includes two awarded compensation selections.

I am aware that the Rams owe the Jags our First & Fourth-round picks for Jalen Ramsey. Besides, the Rams owe the Browns a Fifth rd pick for Austin Corbett that you did indicate in your post. That's minus 3 picks. Leaving four.

You documented that the Rams will have an additional 3 picks. Rams did have two Dante Fowler Jr. & Cory Littleton who were listed as Are you sure about your prospective Rams seven draft selections in 2022? Free Agents in 2021. According to OTC, the above will net a 3rd & 4th CDPA's but the Rams signed two big costs $$$$ UFA's in DL A'Shawn Robinson to an annual salary of $8,500,000 & OLB Leonard Floyd annual salary $10 million.

Since this time the Rams have renegotiated with Robinson from a 2 yr deal to a 3 yr deal. I wonder if this has any effect on the earlier formulations? The guesstimate was that Robinson's deal would negate the GZ loss.

I also do not fully grasp how Floyd's contract did not enter the formulation with the Rams or the Bears? Floyd was a UFA & was signed during the FA signing times.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are you sure about your prospective Rams seven draft selections in 2022?
I was thinking that our 2021 draft would be closer to this:
2nd
3rd
3rd-Late CDPA
4th-Late CDPA
6th
7th
A total of six selections that includes two awarded compensation selections.

I am aware that the Rams owe the Jags our First & Fourth-round picks for Jalen Ramsey. Besides, the Rams owe the Browns a Fifth rd pick for Austin Corbett that you did indicate in your post. That's minus 3 picks. Leaving four.

You documented that the Rams will have an additional 3 picks. Rams did have two Dante Fowler Jr. & Cory Littleton who were listed as Are you sure about your prospective Rams seven draft selections in 2022? Free Agents in 2021. According to OTC, the above will net a 3rd & 4th CDPA's but the Rams signed two big costs $$$$ UFA's in DL A'Shawn Robinson to an annual salary of $8,500,000 & OLB Leonard Floyd annual salary $10 million.

Since this time the Rams have renegotiated with Robinson from a 2 yr deal to a 3 yr deal. I wonder if this has any effect on the earlier formulations? The guesstimate was that Robinson's deal would negate the GZ loss.

I also do not fully grasp how Floyd's contract did not enter the formulation with the Rams or the Bears? Floyd was a UFA & was signed during the FA signing times.
He suggested trading back in the second and picking up a third for doing it.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I could see them moving back a little in round 2 to get another top 100 pick since they only have 6 picks.

So something like...

2. DL
3. CB
3. OT
4. WR (speed guy)
4. DT
6. K (take another shot at a kicker)
7. ILB
I'm not sure I get why inside linebacker is not a priority to some people.

I realize that it's only a two down position for the most part, but first and second down are the two most important downs in creating longer-yardage situations for the opposing offense on third down.

The more you can take away the third-and-short situation, (RB play call) the more you can count on them throwing the ball which I think we're better at stopping.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
How did an injury thread turn into a draft thread, can we move them to another thread?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I'm not sure I get why inside linebacker is not a priority to some people.

I realize that it's only a two down position for the most part, but first and second down are the two most important downs in creating longer-yardage situations for the opposing offense on third down.

The more you can take away the third-and-short situation, (RB play call) the more you can count on them throwing the ball which I think we're better at stopping.
Look around, most teams don't invest a bunch of resources there anymore.

I think Kiser is doing fine and I think a later pick can find another Kiser type.

I also believe a disruptive DL gives you more bang for your buck and has a bigger impact on a defense than a 1 or 2 down MLB.

Just look at that Saints/Bucs game. Their DL dominated that game, not sure the ILB was as big a factor.

Outside of a few special players, ILBs are replaceable. What has Jaylen Smith done for Dallas? Or why hasn't Bobby Wagner prevented Seattle's D from being a trash heap?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
How did an injury thread turn into a draft thread, can we move them to another thread?
I hope none of the Rams have an injury during a bye week.

It's obvious that the injury thread is not on the minds of most Ram fans a so it went on a deviation for a week or so:biggrin:.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams opened the 21-day window on October 28th on returning Joseph Noteboom to the active roster or being IR'd for the rest of the 2021 season. I would expect a roster move next Tuesday, November 17th to activate JN. I have no idea who will be removed from the active roster to make room for JN.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
And possibly Obo
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo not expected to return this week vs. Seahawks
1605111243508.png

The Los Angeles Rams already designated Jordan Fuller to return from injured reserve this week, but it seems he’ll be the only one returning from IR for Sunday’s game against the Seahawks. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo is also on IR but it sounds like he won’t be activated this week.

Sean McVay said Monday that while Fuller is expected to play against Seattle, he doesn’t think Okoronkwo will. “Yeah, I think he’s making good progress,” McVay told reporters. “Not something that I do anticipate him being able to play this week, talking about Obo.”

Okoronkwo has been out since injuring his elbow in Week 5 against Washington. The injury required surgery, which gave him a timetable to return of 4-6 weeks, according to McVay.

It doesn’t seem like Okoronkwo is behind schedule, he’s just not ready to return this week to play against the Seahawks. Samson Ebukam, Justin Hollins and Terrell Lewis will continue to hold down the outside linebacker spot opposite Leonard Floyd.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
What's the word on Adams for the Hags? Is he back?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Look around, most teams don't invest a bunch of resources there anymore.

I think Kiser is doing fine and I think a later pick can find another Kiser type.

I also believe a disruptive DL gives you more bang for your buck and has a bigger impact on a defense than a 1 or 2 down MLB.

Just look at that Saints/Bucs game. Their DL dominated that game, not sure the ILB was as big a factor.

Outside of a few special players, ILBs are replaceable. What has Jaylen Smith done for Dallas? Or why hasn't Bobby Wagner prevented Seattle's D from being a trash heap?

Wagner and Warner are difference makers. No single player can change a bad defense into a good one. I’d love for the Rams to choose a faster, better job than what’s on their roster now. It’s the biggest weakness on a very good defense.