Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

LOS ANGELES RAMS
Table inside Article
PlayerPositionInjuryWednesdayThursdayFridayGame Status
Tyler HigbeeTEHandLimitedLimitedLimitedQuestionable
Andrew WhitworthOLNot Injury RelatedDNPFullFull-
Aaron DonaldDLNot Injury RelatedDNPFullFull-
Trishton JacksonWRIllnessDNPFullFull-
Gerald EverettTEIllnessDNPFullFull-
Michael BrockersDLNot Injury Related--Limited

DT Brockers continues to miss most all practices now going on the 4th week??o_O

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

LOS ANGELES RAMS
Table inside Article
PlayerPositionInjuryWednesdayThursdayFridayGame Status
Tyler HigbeeTEHandLimitedLimitedLimitedQuestionable
Andrew WhitworthOLNot Injury RelatedDNPFullFull-
Aaron DonaldDLNot Injury RelatedDNPFullFull-
Trishton JacksonWRIllnessDNPFullFull-
Gerald EverettTEIllnessDNPFullFull-
Michael BrockersDLNot Injury Related--Limited

DT Brockers continues to miss most all practices now going on the 4th week??o_O

Maybe he's a little beat up? tweaked ankle or sore shoulder, who knows? If he plays like he did against Chicago, continue to give him more time off ;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Will they make Noteboom active this week for Miami?

Yes, I saw some poor blocks from Edwards myself. Having Noteboom back healthy is sure to light a fire under the young Edwards posterior. Edwards surely knows that Kromer is standing ready to fire if Edwards continues to miss those important blocks.

It would not surprise me to see Joseph Noteboom getting some snaps @ both LG & LT later in the game. Brian Allen has been inactive now for all 7 weeks with Kromer going with OT Evans/ OG Anchrum & OC Shelton...I wonder who of those three will join Brian Allen?

I'm going to guess it will eventually be Anchrum. Shelton is the only Center backup unless Corbett has secretly been taking center snaps in practice. Anchrum has the least pro experience of the three. I wonder if its possible that both Anchrum and Evans outperform Noteboom in practice and Joe is a game day inactive for a few games.

Never said to the contrary, he did have some bad plays this week I don’t know anybody who’s said otherwise. He and Hav both had arough game.

The Bears defensive line can make anyone have some bad plays. Mack on Havenstein and Hicks inside are going to eat no matter who they face. I wonder what it would have looked like with Noteboom and Blythe side by side in that game. My guess is it would have been ugly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to guess it will eventually be Anchrum. Shelton is the only Center backup unless Corbett has secretly been taking center snaps in practice. Anchrum has the least pro experience of the three. I wonder if its possible that both Anchrum and Evans outperform Noteboom in practice and Joe is a game day inactive for a few games.

The Bears defensive line can make anyone have some bad plays. Mack on Havenstein and Hicks inside are going to eat no matter who they face. I wonder what it would have looked like with Noteboom and Blythe side by side in that game. My guess is it would have been ugly.
Mack has his way with most everybody true but he always has his way with Hav, every single time we've played them Hav gets abused.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams announce Jordan Fuller’s return from IR
LA’s top rookie will be back on the field soon

1604950933441.png

LA Rams rookie Jordan Fuller has been out since Week 5’s win over Washington with a shoulder injury, but on Monday the team announced that they designated him to return from injured reserve. The Rams are allowing 15 points per game in the three contests with Fuller as compared to 21 points per game without him; LA is second in points per game allowed overall.

Rams S Jordan Fuller designated to return from injured reserve, team announces.
— Gary Klein (@LATimesklein) November 9, 2020
The Rams next host the Seattle Seahawks and quarterback Russell Wilson, who leads the NFL with 28 passing touchdowns over the first eight games. Having Fuller back with Taylor Rapp in a supporting role would feasibly give LA a better chance to stop Wilson, DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett given what we’ve seen from Fuller, a sixth round rookie out of Ohio State, thus far.

Fuller has 21 tackles and two passes defensed but more importantly has made several key stops when he’s been active.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Snead sure did not have a First-round draft selection in 2020 but IMO FS/SS Jordan Fuller sure has the look of being something close to the talent you would get in the late first rd. Truly a special defender for this Ram defense for the next 4 seasons.

Snead has his safety unit well stacked in young future talent with Jordan, Rapp, Burgess, Scott & Hughes. Next season he will need to turn his attention towards the corner position. 4th corner David Long has not got up to steam yet after being selected in the 3rd rd of the 2019 draft. Snead will have his 2nd(Williams) & 3rd(Hill) Corners entering free agency in March.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Snead sure did not have a First-round draft selection in 2020 but IMO FS/SS Jordan Fuller sure has the look of being something close to the talent you would get in the late first rd. Truly a special defender for this Ram defense for the next 4 seasons.
I think he hit on two safeties add in Rapp from the year before and we'll have 3 good young safeties as we collect a 3rd or 4th round comp pick from JJ. Akers looks good and Lewis does when he's been healthy this year. We don't know yet what we have in Hopkins but Jefferson also looks good. Our first 6 picks look promising and they like last pick Anchrum as well. Could be a nice draft all told.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think he hit on two safeties add in Taylor Rapp from the year before and we'll have 3 good young safeties as we collect a 3rd or 4th round comp pick from JJ. Akers looks good and Lewis does when he's been healthy this year. We don't know yet what we have in Hopkins but Jefferson also looks good. Our first 6 picks look promising and they like last pick Anchrum as well. Could be a nice draft all told.
I would think that Taylor Rapp & Jordan Fuller will earn the starting posts in 2021. It has been reported that Burgess is an extremely versatile DB who could play the outside corner post in an emergency & has slot corner talent. Guess with so much safety talent on the roster the Rams could have a big need for Burgess to concentrate fully on the slot corner post.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Snead has his safety unit well stacked in young future talent with Jordan, Rapp, Burgess, Scott & Hughes. Next season he will need to turn his attention towards the corner position. 4th corner David Long has not got up to steam yet after being selected in the 3rd rd of the 2019 draft. Snead will have his 2nd(Williams) & 3rd(Hill) Corners entering free agency in March.
....and DL. They need a disruptive pass rusher to help Donald. We have some nice "try hard" guys, but no one special or even a guy with some pass rush juice that can take some pressure off Donald.

If Donald ever went down even for just a few weeks, the rush would be non existent.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
....and DL. They need a disruptive pass rusher to help Donald. We have some nice "try hard" guys, but no one special or even a guy with some pass rush juice that can take some pressure off Donald.

If Donald ever went down even for just a few weeks, the rush would be non existent.
Hoping Lewis will start to fill that roll soon.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I could see them moving back a little in round 2 to get another top 100 pick since they only have 6 picks.

So something like...

2. DL
3. CB
3. OT
4. WR (speed guy)
4. DT
6. K (take another shot at a kicker)
7. ILB

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Hoping Lewis will start to fill that roll soon.
I would like to see another down linemen though. Not counting the outside backers in my comments. Need an Akiem Hicks type that can collapse the pocket.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You are correct flv.

Allen was finally activated for the two gms that OT Evans was not due to an injury. 100% agreement with your thoughts on Coleman Shelton having passed Allen as the main back to center Austin Blythe. Shelton is the taller leaner OL'er & far more athletic than Allen. I do believe that Shelton who fits Kromer's outside zone run scheme is being prepared to replace Blythe should the Rams & Blythe fail to come to new contract terms (that the Rams can afford) this upcoming March of FA'cy.

I am sure you have noticed that Kromer has kept two centers (Kolone & Cabral) on the practice squad along with OG Demby for just in case 2019 type injuries return.....for most of the first half of this season. Allen's cost to sit the bench will increase by $1.1 million in 2022. Whereas the resigning of center Shelton will cost $$ about half that.

No way to know what the Rams will do @ OC in the future but the Rams have 5 centers tied up presently & many here believe that the gifted ultra-talented short rookie Anchrum may enter the OC competition too. I would not wager against it either. Rams have SIX OT's under contract & returning in 2022.

Now onto reserveOL'er OT Noteboom.......he is the obvious #6 OL'er with OC/OG Shelton being #7 & OT/OG Evans coming in @ #8.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You are correct flv.

Allen was finally activated for the two gms that OT Evans was not due to an injury. 100% agreement with your thoughts on Coleman Shelton having passed Allen as the main back to center Austin Blythe. Shelton is the taller leaner OL'er & far more athletic than Allen. I do believe that Shelton who fits Kromer's outside zone run scheme is being prepared to replace Blythe should the Rams & Blythe fail to come to new contract terms (that the Rams can afford) this upcoming March of FA'cy.

I am sure you have noticed that Kromer has kept two centers (Kolone & Cabral) on the practice squad along with OG Demby for just in case 2019 type injuries return.....for most of the first half of this season. Allen's cost to sit the bench will increase by $1.1 million in 2022. Whereas the resigning of center Shelton will cost $$ about half that.

No way to know what the Rams will do @ OC in the future but the Rams have 5 centers tied up presently & many here believe that the gifted ultra-talented short rookie Anchrum may enter the OC competition too. I would not wager against it either. Rams have SIX OT's under contract & returning in 2022.

Now onto reserveOL'er OT Noteboom.......he is the obvious #6 OL'er with OC/OG Shelton being #7 & OT/OG Evans coming in @ #8.

So 3 reserves on Sunday ? Evans,Shelton,Noteboom?

Yeah - this season hopefully is a little
bit longer away this season.

Whitworth is holding up a lot better than you(most)would have thought.Same with Saffold after he was granted new life with Whit & Mcvay to show him how a Veteran prepares.

Miss ( Veteran)Dave53 ? who always kept things positive. I enjoy your post Bonifay’d & Demby,Kolone are Kromer guys & what McSnead is trying to build as teachers of Men.Noteboom & Allen both in that same class.Offensive Lineman take awhile to develop. I think it is a blessing for the extended practice squad roster.

Players work hard to get into the NFL.They give up other careers to keep hope & childhood dreams.It’s nice to see development of these guys.I always enjoy the preseason games just because of that.

I would rather longer seasons & bigger practice squads.Just because you get a cup of coffee the day is not over.

Kiser was part of the Noteboom class & Reeder hit the bench hard once he did.He looks to be a true MLB.
The Big(Bama)D’LINEMAN comes back for his first games a a Ram.52 should healthier after the bye week. To think this Defense can get that much better.
32 & 26 rookies we’re playing excellent,but Scott gets his chance as well.Tyler Rapp coming back from injury has been improving Big-Time

-

Psycho_X

Legend
I could see them moving back a little in round 2 to get another top 100 pick since they only have 6 picks.

So something like...

2. DL
3. CB
3. OT
4. WR (speed guy)
4. DT
6. K (take another shot at a kicker)
7. ILB

Trades are definitely likely during the draft I'm sure. Snead and his staff are great at finding starters in later rounds so I am comfortable with them trading down a lot to get the most out of a truncated draft class due to past trades.

DL - We've got Robinson for one more year after this one so not sure DL will be a huge priority unless he doesn't play well the last half of this season. All though we do like to draft one year in advance of when a position is needed and Brockers and Robinson might/probably be gone after next year but can't see that being a top of the draft priority.

CB - I hope they can keep Williams at CB but him and Hill might both play out of our salary cap this season unfortunately so I could see CB suddenly being a need.

OT - always a need whether starting or depth so if there is a guy there they like I could see being taken high.

WR - I'm not all that high on taking. If there is a speed guy they like to take a chance on later in the draft to develop sure but don't see one being there in the middle rounds. If a guy has speed and any other talent he'll be gone early and if it's a guy with just speed who needs seasoning he can be had in later rounds.

DT - Idk, I like Gaines and think he's developing well. SJD has gotten better as well.

K - Obviously a top priority in the offseason likely. Not sure from where but certainly a priority.

ILB - Would be fine with a late pick. Seems like they were extremely high on Travin Howard and I think was a bigger loss than most fans know. We definitely could use better depth though.

OLB - If Floyd isn't retained this position possibly becomes our greatest need depending on how some other free agent chips fall in the offseason. If Floyd leaves I bump OLB as my primary target in 2nd/3rd rounds.