Rams Hire Raheem Morris as new DC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was thinking that his record there in Tampon might prevent us from losing him if he does well as DC for us.
His time in Tampon would be prior to him basking in the glory that is Sean McVay, that changes everything. Seriously though McVay has to be getting some serious Christmas gifts from all these guys who get jobs after a year working with him.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
His time in Tampon would be prior to him basking in the glory that is Sean McVay, that changes everything. Seriously though McVay has to be getting some serious Christmas gifts from all these guys who get jobs after a year working with him.

No shit right.

I heard that Philly is interviewing Sean's 6th grade Physical Education teacher for their open HC spot tomorrow. Her name is Pat.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Atlanta's D was bad in the 1st half and very solid in the 2nd.
That's cool and all but I want another top performing unit. Very luke warm on this hire basically but I hope it works out because we'll get a pick when he's hired away which will be a nice fucking change lol.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Why do ppl on this board keep saying we should promote Pleasant when no one else in league has even requested to interview him?

Do y'all know something that McVay and other coaches do not? We don't need to promote someone unless they're ready and not just because they've been on the team for a while.

Fisher did that shit with his run and passing coordinators, and as we all know that did not work out for the best.

I want us to get the best DC that's out there.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Live look at Aubrey Pleasant talking to the defensive backs
qpiDGaM.jpg

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do ppl on this board keep saying we should promote Pleasant when no one else in league has even requested to interview him?

Do y'all know something that McVay and other coaches do not? We don't need to promote someone unless they're ready and not just because they've been on the team for a while.

Fisher did that shit with his run and passing coordinators, and as we all know that did not work out for the best.

I want us to get the best DC that's out there.
Just that his name has been brought up for 2 years in a row I guess. He was mentioned before Staley and he did interview I'm pretty sure. And Jourdan said we were still interviewing internally. That has to be him again. So another year and having the best defensive backs in the league. Made sense to assume.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder how pleasant feels. Didn't get the job last year and lost it to an external hire. Interviews again this year and it sounds like morris is already a done deal. Another external hire.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No shit right.

I heard that Philly is interviewing Sean's 6th grade Physical Education teacher for their open HC spot tomorrow. Her name is Pat.
The hottest new barber in LA advertises he's got Sean McVay hair clippings.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Just that his name has been brought up for 2 years in a row I guess. He was mentioned before Staley and he did interview I'm pretty sure. And Jourdan said we were still interviewing internally. That has to be him again. So another year and having the best defensive backs in the league. Made sense to assume.
I haven't seen anything that explicitly stated that he was interviewing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
For myself I assume he's in the mix because he has done a great job as a positional coach. Next step is coordinator.

He's done just as well as the Saints' DB coach who just got a DC gig in Detroit. That DB coach had a loaded defensive backfield too.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He's done just as well as the Saints' DB coach who just got a DC gig in Detroit. That DB coach had a loaded defensive backfield too.
Happy for Aaron Glenn.
Quality player for a long time, who has risen through the coaching ranks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’m not too stoked about this hire. But I’ll guess that it means McVay couldn’t find a successor to Staley that is an expert in his scheme.
Maybe Sean thinks Morris is capable of continuing to run the same defense. Or maybe Morris has some ideas on how to shutdown the Shanahan/LaFluer/McVay offense that has tortured us Rams fans this season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Didn't R. Morris fail big time in his HC gig? Why would anyone be worried about him getting another one anytime soon?

~ArkyRamsFan~

I agree with some here that his past failure may make him less likely to be plucked from McVay after one season.

That's cool and all but I want another top performing unit. Very luke warm on this hire basically but I hope it works out because we'll get a pick when he's hired away which will be a nice fucking change lol.

He would have to be pretty bad not to succeed with the talenton this roster, even if Floyd and JJ leave via free agency.