Rams cuts on the way to 53

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well then. Aside from Webster and Williams, they kept a grand total of none of the players I liked. I trust McSnead, but I'm admittedly confused.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hmmm, I would have to disagree about Long looking ugly and Hatfield looking good. At least that is what I think you are saying about Hatfield. I think Hatfiled had 3 penalties in the first couple of games ; P.I. & holding/illegal blk on punts. Considering his advantage in experience, he was not good in comparison to Long. Long misplayed a couple of longer routes up the sideline (Game 1 & 2), but I thought he played decent everywhere else. Against the Texans, in the 2nd or 3 rd Qtr, he covered a short crossing route that ended up being completed, but only for a perfectly placed ball by the QB. He was in trail position, he was in lock step, and put out his left arm to try and bat the ball, but the ball was just inches in front of his fingers.
I'm sorry that Hatfiled was injured, but I didn't see him making the roster over Darious Williams.
On Dom Hatfield....I have never seen what Snead did in him. I hope that the Rams have finally moved on from Dom Hatfield. I was never a fan.

On rookie David Long......the longer David sat on the bench the better he looked. Not getting much playing time as the rest of the corners like Williams, Peterson, Hatfield, Richards & Deayon kept Long from being exposed to what we saw in the last pre season game. To say I am disappointed in what I have seen would be correct.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Maybe Snead feels that a guy like Allen or Peterson could start for other teams, but wouldn’t for the Rams, so he’s allowing to go to another team.
That’s the worst way to run a team. You take the best of the best and assemble them. Troy Reeder and Bryce Hager are not better then Dakota Allen.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That’s the worst way to run a team. You take the best of the best and assemble them. Troy Reeder and Bryce Hager are not better then Dakota Allen.
And Dakota Allen did not play the same position as Hager & Reeder did either.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
So what does that make of Reeder? He was awful.
Good question. There was a play against the Cowboys where was out in flat against a RB, and he got juked because he didn't break down under control. He didn't look good. But, he got a lot of rep's with OLB'S in training camp and sometimes was running with the 2's. I'm with you on that one.

TexasRam

Legend
By telling us how great our front office and coaching staff is after years of them being incompetent!

Well one thing I will say....

We fans tend to see the splash plays, such as interceptions and big hits. Things the Petersons and Allens showed.

But we don't break down the film play by play and see if the player is assignment sound or in position so to speak.

The other thing we don't see is if the player shows Character, the right attitude and work ethic to be a positive influence with the team and also projects to improve.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

I have seen Hager line up during the regular season at ILB in Goal line situations.

In comparison...

I have only seen D.Allen play against other 3rd stringers in practice and in preseason.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I have seen Hager line up during the regular season at ILB in Goal line situations.

In comparison...

I have only seen D.Allen play against other 3rd stringers in practice and in preseason.
Didn’t show much while doing it either. Hager that is.

Allen on the other hand, dominated his competition.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What does that have to do with anything? Dakota is a better LB then both of them. Regardless of where he stands on the field.
Come on Legatron surly your just ticked off ( which I understand) or you're just kidding me here:confused:.

Dakota Allen did play better than Kiser, Hager & Reeder in the preseason, I agree with you. I would agree with you that Dakota Allen is a far better weak-side interior LB'er than Kiser, Hager, Reeder & Kupp.

Yes DA is listed as a Ram LB just like Kiser, Hager, Reeder & Kupp were but there is a very big difference between the LB post DA played & the LB'ing post Kiser, Hager, Reeder & Kupp played. You know the Rams have two totally different interior LB'ing posts in their base defense.

Kiser, Hager, Reeder & Kupp all wore the special green stickered communications helmet that is connected to Wade who calls the defense. Dakota Allen never wore that helmet or played with those responsibilities.

As I said earlier veteran LB'er Clay Matthews played the same interior LB post for the Packers last season that Dakota Allen was playing. Plus rookie LB'er Natrez Patrick originally was listed as a reserve in that previous weak-side ILB'ing Mark Barron post too. I hope I have helped with this matter. Maybe someone else can do a better job at it than me?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Not sure that I'd disagree with you....but I would say that Hager and Howard have been with the Rams more than 1 season and they have confidence in them as back ups at least...

I'd also say that of the 3, Dakota is the one that would likely clear waivers to be brought back on the practice squad..…

my hope is that we keep Dakota, and bring in someone better than Hager to line up next to Littleton..

Reality is that Littleton won't have anyone lining up next to him 60-70% of the snaps. Then add that Matthews will line up there at times. So can you really keep 5ILBs?

I am guessing Reeder will be cut and put on the practice squad in favor of adding an extra OL or DL.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
So, and I like a lot of these prospects, Kevin Peterson is the guy, I’d would have kept. When he’s been on the field, he demonstrated some great instincts, and solid cover ability.

CB, to me, out of all of these cuts, is the position that you never have enough, and the position holds a lot of value.

I’ve never seen a WR group, top to last man, as good as our preseason roster, and a damn good DB group. Too bad our, maybe most important, OL group doesn’t look good enough to me. Hopefully, we will pick some additional help up.

Some of these guys, we are questioning, will be gone. I’ve heard of staff’s keeping guys they’d rather cut, to make these end decisions easier, plus, they try to use these mass releases to hopefully dilute the waters, so to speak.
Peterson looks more like a pure zone CB... Maybe even a FS. Williams seems have press ability... Just a better quicker athalete. So looks like a scheme fit issue.

WestCoastRam

Legend
What if it's as simple as Reeder offering more ST value than Allen?

BTW, the Martz years were all about keeping players who might be better backups at spots but were horrible special teamers. And we paid for that dearly time and time again.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I'll be interested to see how the running back situation shakes out.

Snead said there are things to come down the road.

Vinny B. said he doesn't think the running back situation is done yet.

Maybe hoping John Kelly will last and can be thrown on the practice squad before being elevated to the 53 after week 1 and Lawler going to IR?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well one thing I will say....

We fans tend to see the splash plays, such as interceptions and big hits. Things the Petersons and Allens showed.

But we don't break down the film play by play and see if the player is assignment sound or in position so to speak.

The other thing we don't see is if the player shows Character, the right attitude and work ethic to be a positive influence with the team and also projects to improve.
We don't see most of the practices and we see very little of the joint scrimmages and we see nothing of in the meeting rooms.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d wait to see who gets on the practice squad before getting upset about guys let go.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

EDUwjrsUUAAleYi.jpg:large