Rams cuts on the way to 53

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe Snead feels that a guy like Allen or Peterson could start for other teams, but wouldn’t for the Rams, so he’s allowing to go to another team.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am not surprised by the JMF cut. He was sloppy this preseason. I am surprised that Tanzel Smart made the roster. I haven’t seen him do anything noteworthy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
So, and I like a lot of these prospects, Kevin Peterson is the guy, I’d would have kept. When he’s been on the field, he demonstrated some great instincts, and solid cover ability.

CB, to me, out of all of these cuts, is the position that you never have enough, and the position holds a lot of value.

I’ve never seen a WR group, top to last man, as good as our preseason roster, and a damn good DB group. Too bad our, maybe most important, OL group doesn’t look good enough to me. Hopefully, we will pick some additional help up.

Some of these guys, we are questioning, will be gone. I’ve heard of staff’s keeping guys they’d rather cut, to make these end decisions easier, plus, they try to use these mass releases to hopefully dilute the waters, so to speak.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Dakota Allen and Kevin Peterson surprised me. As did John Kelly to an extent. But again, we don't see what goes on in the positions rooms or daily practices, and of course we aren't NFL coaches :p )

EasyE

Starter
So, and I like a lot of these prospects, Kevin Peterson is the guy, I’d would have kept. When he’s been on the field, he demonstrated some great instincts, and solid cover ability.

CB, to me, out of all of these cuts, is the position that you never have enough, and the position holds a lot of value.

I’ve never seen a WR group, top to last man, as good as our preseason roster, and a damn good DB group. Too bad our, maybe most important, OL group doesn’t look good enough to me. Hopefully, we will pick some additional help up.

Some of these guys, we are questioning, will be gone. I’ve heard of staff’s keeping guys they’d rather cut, to make these end decisions easier, plus, they try to use these mass releases to hopefully dilute the waters, so to speak.

I agree with this...Peterson deserved a shot...had great feel as far as I could tell

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
That's an understatement:rolleyes: .....David Long looked Ugly working the Nickel. But then again Wade knew full well that Longs skills would never meet the requirements in the NFL as a Nickel. CB Long was drafted to be an outside press corner. Wade desires press corners. It was known by everyone that Long needs time to adjust to the NFL.

The ongoing issue in Rams headquarters that has been going on since the end of the Texan's game is who will be the back up Nickle to NRC. Hill & Peterson were the back-ups to both our starting outside corners. Dom Hatfield has been the primary back to play the slot behind NRC. Problem is Hatfield is injured now.

The best Nickels of our CB cadre were Dom Hatfield, Darious Williams & Dont'e Deayon. Its official now CB Donte Deayon has been cut. Thus, Darious Williams value has now gone up. So do they go into the season without a legit reserve Nickel & hope that Peterson can fill this position? Or do they go with 7 corners thus keeping Darious Williams ?

Hmmm, I would have to disagree about Long looking ugly and Hatfield looking good. At least that is what I think you are saying about Hatfield. I think Hatfiled had 3 penalties in the first couple of games ; P.I. & holding/illegal blk on punts. Considering his advantage in experience, he was not good in comparison to Long. Long misplayed a couple of longer routes up the sideline (Game 1 & 2), but I thought he played decent everywhere else. Against the Texans, in the 2nd or 3 rd Qtr, he covered a short crossing route that ended up being completed, but only for a perfectly placed ball by the QB. He was in trail position, he was in lock step, and put out his left arm to try and bat the ball, but the ball was just inches in front of his fingers.
I'm sorry that Hatfiled was injured, but I didn't see him making the roster over Darious Williams.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man o Man. Just woke up and saw all the cuts.

Where do I start?
By telling us how great our front office and coaching staff is after years of them being incompetent!

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Problem is there’s zero justification for keeping Hager, or Howard over Allen. They have proven jackshit. I’m not sure what else Allen was supposed to do to make this team.

Usually when a player only gets playing time with 2nd or 3rd units, it means they don't think enough about him to be a Back-up, part of the 53.