Rams contract restructures + FA/draft targets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It’s possible but I am struggling to think of the last time a team lost a player it gave a first-round tender.

Certain there are examples but I can’t come up with any off the top of my head.
I can not recall any team ever giving up the First-round selection for an RFA.

If they did we take the First round selection, draft a starting Corner (something Snead has proven he can do), or Edge Rusher for the next FIVE seasons @ a low-cost salary for a defensive starter. Do not blink!

Outside Corner David Long (who's entering his 3rd season) will need to pull much more of his weight in the secondary along with a new highly draft corner. DC Morris can also easily move 2nd year DB Terrell Burgess to the Nickel Corner post when needed to go with Ramsey/ Long/ 2021 Rookie & Deayon.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't think they are no-brainer but definitely something that I hope will go down. We need 2 OL an inside linebacker and resign

Williams and Floyd. I like Johnson but he is going to sign for a shit load of money that I don't think should ever go to safeties unless they make 10 interceptions a year (okay maybe an exaggeration).

Offensive Lineman? Don’t see that happening.Don’t know how you come up with that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I can not recall any team ever giving up the First-round selection for an RFA.

If they did we take the First round selection, draft a starting Corner (something Snead has proven he can do), or Edge Rusher for the next FIVE seasons @ a low-cost salary for a defensive starter. Do not blink!

Outside Corner David Long (who's entering his 3rd season) will need to pull much more of his weight in the secondary along with a new highly draft corner. DC Morris can also easily move 2nd year DB Terrell Burgess to the Nickel Corner post when needed to go with Ramsey/ Long/ 2021 Rookie & Deayon.

I think Troy Hill is being overlooked.He led the NFL in D” TD’s?
Deayon was a Hardknocks big shot.I think if he bulks up it would be nice.David Long not playing last season was a surprise.

Nick Scott showed he can play FS.Fuller really stepped up for Tyler Rapp. Burgees shows the depth The Rams scouting created finally staying ahead of things.

I’m not sure how things playout,but I have said all along The Rams depth in the DB field was solid.Never imaged David Long would have been such a Oddman out.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Take Donald for instance. I can see where he'd be reluctant. First, the team hard balled the crap out of him, then they gave out contracts to guys early and after 2021, there's no more guaranteed money. So where we just know that he's not going anywhere, and that a restructure/extension can add years to his deal, there is the question of how much are they willing to pay him? (Again)
Woods guaranteed money is gone after this year, which makes him tradable if not restructured, and still cut-able if he does
I know its all rah rah right now, and maybe the players are behind the Goff trade. But there has to be some doubt about trusting the FO seeing what happened to Gurley, Cooks and #16

Of they convert part of Donald salary into a signing bonus he loses know money. In some cases it benefits the player because it turns into guaranteed money. So if most of Donald’s money is salary then it makes sense for the Player. Woods who has no bonus money after this season is a great candidate. Not sure what Donalds contract looks like though. Agree with your overall point though.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bring the best center available to replace Blythe!

I believe The Rams starting Center is
already on the roster.I think next season The Rams must sign a FA to replace one of 4 FA O”Lineman.

Yes - Whitworth is getting paid Top $$$
Big Rob is expandable? I believe he is a FA in 2022?
Noteboom I hope can be signed for a Ram Player friendly contract by giving him security before the 2021 season.
Austin Corbett becomes a FA as well.

The Fact The Rams have so many players they are developing UPFRONT
with Kromer Draft Picks is what makes
this McSnead Rams Team Work.

I don’t know numbers.Kevin Demoff & his guys communicate well with Snead & Snead to Mcvay.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I hope this was sarcasm lol

Well my Faith & Hope is The Rams have drafted well & this Group continues to get better.I’m not a Hater & appreciate watching the Process.

I believe Bobby Evans & David Edwards were Very Solid Draft picks.
Noteboom really held down the LT spot well.His experience was SO much Needed. He is such a BETTER play from Whitworth’s injury.
I also think Brewer was held out because of Numbers & just needed time to Appreciate LIFE in a SAVE Environment. My HOPE is he has gotten STRONGER & healthier.

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we lose Williams, we get a first round pick - use it on the best player CB C/G ILB OLB - on their first 4 picks - any order

Is we put a 1st or 2nd round tender and choose not to match an offer. Is the pick we get in this years draft? Or next years?

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
The trade means rams cap is is 38 mill over. Even with restructuring players they will probably need to cut loose brockers and/or havenstein. I think they keep brockers simply because of the sheer number of players that the defense will probably lose. Floyd and johnson and hill seem almost certain. Maybe morgan fox also. I assume they will tag williams But that will cost a couple of mil.

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This year.

Thanks. Yea I think we definitely put a 1st round tender on him. It's not much more than a 2nd.. $4.6M for a first round tender, $3.3M for a 2nd round tender. We should slap a first round tender on him and move on with life. He's really really good, but hard to see someone giving up their 1st for him.

And I like Troy Hill, if we could keep him for cheap I would be down but I think he will get a decent amount of interest around the league. Dont want to overpay for him when we could spend that on OL or WR.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Here would be a cheap speed WR option.

WR Breshad Perriman

The light might have started coming on... Still a big question mark, but his size & speed is intriguing as he just might be enough to keep defenses honest.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He might be an option...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Regarding resigning our guys, tender DW31 w/ a 1st you need good CBs so he's a no-brianer, Fox would be nice and manageable. JJ3 sorry but you don't over paid safety's and we our clutch at finding them and we have his replacement already. Yes Floyd would be nice but don't see it happening. Keep finding solid edge guys.

After we restructure 3-5 players contracts this is my hope UFA Targets

#1 UFA Target and it's not even close: Corey Linsley C/OC Packers
#2 Golladay but this is most likely fandom. But an outside WR w/ size
#3 OG Right side
#4 Edge

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm starting to wonder if we'll be so tight that there won't be FAs. Outside of the bargain variety of course. Can we really get this restructure to produce enough for two sought after guys like Lindsey and Golladay idk. Would love it but is that realistic or perhaps smart is the better question.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm starting to wonder if we'll be so tight that there won't be FAs. Outside of the bargain variety of course. Can we really get this restructure to produce enough for two sought after guys like Lindsey and Golladay idk. Would love it but is that realistic or perhaps smart is the better question.

Yeah, feels the need to spend in a few places where 2021 immediate impact is needed (no draft risk)... I just don’t know how hard we can hit it.

And, is there another move that could surprise us? We aren’t to the Superbowl yet.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Regarding resigning our guys, tender DW31 w/ a 1st you need good CBs so he's a no-brianer, Fox would be nice and manageable. JJ3 sorry but you don't over paid safety's and we our clutch at finding them and we have his replacement already. Yes Floyd would be nice but don't see it happening. Keep finding solid edge guys.

After we restructure 3-5 players contracts this is my hope UFA Targets

#1 UFA Target and it's not even close: Corey Linsley C/OC Packers
#2 Golladay but this is most likely fandom. But an outside WR w/ size
#3 OG Right side
#4 Edge

Unfortunately, even I also call for Linsley, the Packers would be crazy to let him walk. He can as he's an FA, but I'd sign him to keep him in the building.

Look at how the Cowboys OL regressed without Travis Frederick.

Heck, LOL, look at our OL with Blythe.

We may have to do an Alex Mack move while we continue to train guys up.

I still like Creed Humphries in the draft with our 2nd, but we'll see.

This org has different priorities and sometimes I don't see them until much later...

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope they tag Williams with a 2nd round tender instead of a 1st.
If someone signs him away we can draft a player with that 2nd round pick, as opposed to a 1st rounder because you know Snead will just trade that shit away

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Unfortunately, even I also call for Linsley, the Packers would be crazy to let him walk. He can as he's an FA, but I'd sign him to keep him in the building.

Look at how the Cowboys OL regressed without Travis Frederick.

Heck, LOL, look at our OL with Blythe.

We may have to do an Alex Mack move while we continue to train guys up.

I still like Creed Humphries in the draft with our 2nd, but we'll see.

This org has different priorities and sometimes I don't see them until much later...
The demand for an OC like Linsley will be serious and strong competition involved. Hard for me to imagine the Rams being involved in high-dollar stakes with moths in their wallets.......if they did they join in Rams would get trampled in the stampede.

It's not like Kromer's OL center shelf is totally bare of any prospects. o_O The fact is Kromer has a good number of them all healthy waiting in the wings. Blythe had an injury-free season which means none of us saw any other OC get on the field. Last year was abby normal with NO regular TC ROD reports. Then the main element for us being in the UNKNOWN was the ZERO preseason gms.

So I have real issues with accepting the assumption that the Rams OC cupboard is bare just because Blythe is departing for FA'cy. All this is just us here @ ROD speculating we are in trouble.

Kromer is well known for is shifting, changing, adjusting & basically constantly stirring up his OL'ers to make them highly versatile to play any of the five posts! We have raised hell about it here in ROD.:mad:

If I were betting on any real concentrated effort for a UFA OC ........like a name to come out of left field .......the very old 36 yr center Alex Mack would be my pick to enter the picture at some time or another.

Just for those who do not know Alex Mack was born in Los Angeles CA & was raised in southern CA. He attended & graduated from California Golden Bears.;) It sorta looks like a 2017 John Sullivan type sign IMO.

I would bet that his 2020 Interm HC Morris has already spoken about joining him with the Rams short term for one last hurrah :party:with old gimpy greybeard 40 yr old Whitworth & a veteran QB Matt Stafford (who was drafted in the first round with Mack in 2009) to be inserted into the McVay offense but Mack would have to sign for below market price $$$ to get a chance to win an SB in 2021. Mack's only chance was in 2017 with Atalanta when they lost it.

One more last thing here who is the sports agent that Alex Mack is signed with? Marvin Demoff? Is Marvin not based in LA? I wonder who is Kevin Demoff's father is? :biggrin:

Last edited: