Rams Coaching Interviews:It's official, McVay hired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Vrabel interview especially makes sense assuming his name came up in regards to a DC position from McDaniels or whoever, because he runs a 3/4 so they would need to know how he would fit the Rams pieces into that defense or if he would be able to or want to run a 4/3?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Vrabel is a super interesting name. Hell of a LBs coach and a fantastic teacher. Watching him on Hard Knocks, there was no doubt he'd be a future NFL HC.

Is he a bit inexperienced as a coach? Yes. So he'd have to pull together a good staff. But I think a former player's mentality could be good for this team. Not a Jeff Fisher type of former player, but an actual great player who was a leader on his team and knows how to win Super Bowls.

I wouldn't really be opposed to it at all. Prefer him at DC though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Patricia is my kind-of-guy! I like him! But I always lean Defense! And I think, because he's a very detail orientated man, and with his track record, he could get some great coordinators and assistants to follow him to L.A.!! JMHO

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Oh and re: Doug Marrone...

His annual wins in Syracuse were 4 in 2009, 8 in 2010, 5 in 2011, and 8 in 2012. Overall record with the Bills was 15-17.

Dude is Just A Guy. If the Rams hire him, they are fools and I am going to take a long break from this BS. Not even kidding.
" Your not going anywhere Merlin!! Not allowed, you are needed here!!!"(y);):D

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Then again just because The Rams front office was snowed in doesn't mean they didn't have an online interview.
Vrabel is a super interesting name. Hell of a LBs coach and a fantastic teacher. Watching him on Hard Knocks, there was no doubt he'd be a future NFL HC.

Is he a bit inexperienced as a coach? Yes. So he'd have to pull together a good staff. But I think a former player's mentality could be good for this team. Not a Jeff Fisher type of former player, but an actual great player who was a leader on his team and knows how to win Super Bowls.

I wouldn't really be opposed to it at all. Prefer him at DC though.

Yeah -- You have to have read about him Turning down the 48ers as there D.C. & stay with Cromell & Houston Texans !! It's not like he does not have the qualifications.
--Look at Ken Norton as a D.C. . ?? Is he ready to be a HC ??? Then again who would he bring with him.Kevin Demoff said it is not who you say you will bring, but Weather you could actually attain that coach.
BIt is a process for sure.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Re: Whiners Dominik said its believed McDainiels wants to bring ESPN Theo Roddick as his GM...This tandem appears to be the favourite in Whinerville
Does anyone have any info on this 'Roddick' guy!?! I don't know of him!! I need input!!
Johnny%205.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have to hope Vrabel interview is based on a potential DC hire. Otherwise it's just a bad sign. Demoff needs to be eliminating the chaff in this search. He might be doing that on the back side, where these guys truly have no shot at the job outside of a few candidates, and that is my hope. But it is a bit concerning.

Now it looks like they're going to wait on Shanahan. Which is cool, provided they are certain the interest on both sides is genuine. I'm just starting to get a bad feeling about all this, like Demoff is in the early stages of effing it up good.
Maybe, Demoff is going thru all these interviews to line up OC/DC/ST and assistant coaches for our NEW HC to select from!!

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Rumor is Josh McFaniels would only really want 8ers job at this point.
--They have draft picks, 2nd most $$ to spend 4 FA's & gets to come over with college buddy from NE as a package. I'm sure the 48ers will do better with The #2 pick overall thus years draft ? If not get value trading back ??

....and probably the worst owner in the entire NFL

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/0...erviews-dave-toub-kyle-shanahan-vance-joseph/

Broncos interview Dave Toub, Kyle Shanahan for head coach, await meeting with Vance Joseph

Broncos met with Toub in Kansas City on Friday and Shanahan in Atlanta on Saturday
broncos-hc.jpg

The Associated Press
The Broncos interviewed Dave Toub, left, and Kyle Shanahan, center, and are scheduled to speak with Vance Joseph next week.
By Nicki Jhabvala | njhabvala@denverpost.com
PUBLISHED: January 7, 2017 at 1:21 pm | UPDATED: January 7, 2017 at 2:55 pm

The Broncos’ search for head coach No. 16 began in earnest Friday morning inside a Kansas City hotel. General manager John Elway, president and CEO Joe Ellis, director of player personnel Matt Russell, director of team administration Mark Thewes and vice president of public relations Patrick Smyth spent nearly four hours talking to Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub.

“He’s a great coach and person who has a very impressive track record with special teams,” Elway tweeted Friday afternoon.

To outsiders, Toub, 54, is the least-known of the three candidates the Broncos are interviewing for the position. But he has a résumé and leadership profile that landed him on the shortlist of candidates.

A 16-year NFL coaching veteran, Toub joined Andy Reid’s staff in 2013 and has helped the Chiefs rank among the top 10 in Rick Gosselin’s annual special teams rankings the previous three years. This season, with rookie Pro Bowler Tyreek Hill, the league’s leading punt returner with 592 yards, the Chiefs are sure to be near the top once again.

Toub has been up for head coaching jobs before; he interviewed with Miami in 2012 and Chicago in 2013. This year, the Chargers also requested permission to interview him. Shortly after speaking to Toub, the Broncos’ group hopped on a plane bound for Atlanta to interview a familiar face: Kyle Shanahan, the son of former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

“He’s a very bright coach who’s had a tremendous year and has a great future,” Elway tweeted Saturday morning.

Kyle Shanahan, who met with the Broncos on Saturday morning at an Atlanta hotel, is the top offensive candidate on the list and would offer, perhaps, the easiest transition for the team’s two quarterbacks since his system is founded on the West Coast, zone-blocking offense used by his father, and former coach Gary Kubiak.

“I played for a lot of offensive coordinators. Kyle is hands down my favorite,” said former Broncos tackle Tyler Polumbus, who had Kyle Shanahan as his offensive coordinator in Washington from 2011-13. “He is an offensive lineman’s best friend because he builds everything off the run, including the passing game. I was honestly blown away by how smart he is and how well our offense worked because everything in the passing game for him comes off huge chunk plays. It’s just an extremely effective offense.”

According to NFL.com, Kyle Shanahan, 37, is said to prefer the Broncos job but has also interviewed with the 49ers and Jaguars and was scheduled to meet with the Rams late Saturday.

“I’ve known the guys over the years most of my life, but I’ve got a lot of respect for them,” Kyle Shanahan told Atlanta media of the Broncos last week. “So that’s really what’s most flattering, when you got respect for people who you really think … do things the right way and they’re really about one thing, and that’s trying to win a Super Bowl.”

The Broncos are set to interview Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph this week, after Miami’s wild-card game against the Steelers. Joseph, 44, interviewed for the Broncos’ head coaching position in 2015, but when the job went to Gary Kubiak, Joseph was wanted as defensive coordinator. The Bengals, however, wouldn’t let Joseph out of the final year of his contract for a coordinator position.

This week, Joseph will get another shot.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/den...to-interview-vance-joseph-in-denver/383661301

Broncos to interview Vance Joseph in Denver on Tuesday
Mike Klis, KUSA 7:54 PM. MST January 08, 2017
Vance%20Joseph_1483911760099_7568421_ver1.0.jpg

SAN DIEGO, CA - DECEMBER 16: Secondary Coach Vance Joseph of the San Francisco 49ers talks with Nate Clements #22 and Dashon Goldson #38 during the game against the San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium on December 16, 2010 in San Diego, California. (Photo: Michael Zagaris, 2010 Michael Zagaris)

Vance%20Joseph_1483911760099_7568421_ver1.0.jpg

CONNECT TWEET LINKEDIN GOOGLE+ PINTEREST
KUSA - Vance Joseph is expected to interview in Denver for the Broncos’ head coach job on Tuesday.

He won’t exactly arrive in town as the hottest of candidates. Joseph just finished his first season as a defensive coordinator. And while the Miami Dolphins did beat out Denver for the AFC’s final playoff spot, it wasn’t because of their defense.

Miami’s defense ranked 29th in the 32-team during the regular season, then was atrocious in allowing the Pittsburgh Steelers three touchdowns on their first three possessions.

The Steelers’ first two touchdowns were Ben Roethlisberger passes of 50 and 62 yards to Antonio Brown. Their third touchdown was off a 10-play, 82-yard drive in which all 10 plays were handoffs to Le’Veon Bell.

Joseph made decent adjustments after those three drives but it was too late in a 30-12 first-round playoff loss Sunday in Pittsburgh.

He will be third of three candidates the Broncos will have interviewed for their head coaching position that became available when Gary Kubiak retired following the team’s 24-6 victory in the regular-season finale last week.

The Broncos interviewed Kansas City Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub on Friday in downtown Kansas City and Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan on Saturday morning in northeast Atlanta.

Joseph has been considered the candidate to beat for the Broncos’ head coaching position because of his strong leadership style. He impressed the Broncos' hierarchy two years ago in the team's head coaching interview process that landed Kubiak.

In fairness to Joseph, the Broncos are looking for a head coach, not an assistant coach. Timing may also be on Joseph’s side. He is now available to start work as the Broncos’ head coach if hired. Toub’s Chiefs and Shanahan’s Falcons have home playoff games next weekend and they can’t be hired until their respective teams are eliminated.

The longer a team waits to hire a head coach, the more difficult it is for that head coach to fill his staff with preferred assistant coaches.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So given that Elway is a decisive MFer who goes after what he wants... I'd guess we will know which way they're leaning by middle to end of this week. If they wait then it means they're all in on Shanahan. Which of course I expect.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I don't see the issue here. I'd rather they get it right than get it done quickly. I am not married to the idea of a coordinator. I'd be fine with a CEO type HC if he can bring the right staff. Vrabel is a highly respected coach and former player. I had a ton of respect for him when he played. He was a team-first guy who defined the word versatile. If we're looking to change the culture, he's the type of guy who can do that.

I have no doubt that he can lead. The real question is if he can pull in the right staff.
Some of these interviews are fact finding interviews.Not saying
that is the case with Vrabel.Demoff mentioned something to that affect
in "the search" interview.It's a good time to get honest feedback
concerning our team.