Rams Coaching Interviews:It's official, McVay hired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Cal fires HC Sonny Dykes

Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Jake Spavital will serve as interim coach

He could be in play for the Rams as QB Coach.

No thank you!

Spavital sucks too...A&M ran his ass off

Please extradite Dykes from the state of California, forthwith. And his middle school offense.

Ram65

Legend
This thread is a great read. I didn't have a favorite but, I'm now leaning toward Kyle Shanahan. Is too late to be mad at not getting the interview? At least Demoff should have a leg up on the competition with his dad as KS agent. McVay comes off as a intense and confident coach. Sounded like the TV Gruden @ 1:55 of the video. Matt Patricia is intriguing as a well rounded smart coach.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I really want Sean McVay to be the new head coach of the Los Angeles Rams.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Agree.I heard McVay has been putting on some hellacious interviews.
Do Not want to lose out on him.

As far as I know we are the only team that has interviewed McVay so far and the Niners interview him Monday. Ive heard things about him interviewing for the Broncos, but not solid reports in that regard. At this point the Rams only competition for McVay is the Niners who look like the prefer Josh McDaniels.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I really want Sean McVay to be the new head coach of the Los Angeles Rams.

Why McVay over Shanahan??? Shanahan has done it with more teams and has coordinated a far better offense than McVay, in fact you could debate the experience that McVay lacks and that is exactly what Shanahan's has. So why McVay over Shanahan?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
All Aboard The Hype Train !!!

lol-o.gif

PaRam24

UDFA
My apologies @CanRamFan i am on my iPad and have a tendency to hit things and nit notice it...I truly didn't even know or see that I hit the icon there...I went back and undid it...again my apologies it was completely unintended

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone asked Benjamin Allbright about if he's buying McVay to the Rams. He said yes. You might remember him breaking the Bradford/Foles trade trade or Nick Fairley to the Rams. Seems like he has a legitimate Rams source which makes this interesting.

View: https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/818268586359881729

You could buy anyone the Rams are interviewing at this point. I'd be shocked if they hire anyone without a follow-up interview for the finalists.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
No doubt. But then again, all these owners have their negatives. SF has an owner with his head up his @$$. Denver everyone lists Elway as a positive, but he's reportedly a bit of a micromanager and some think that had something to do with Kubs cutting bait. San Diego has all manner of issues from the GM to the owners not having the kind of money you want to get the best staff.

Personally I think the Rams are still the job of the offseason. Now that said, maybe Goff is not viewed by them as well as I think he will be, so who knows. We'll see how it breaks out but I suspect they'll have their pick and the only team that might be chosen before us is Denver and even that I think is up in the air.

Well what about Kub's health? If he doesn't get enough sleep it leads to seizures. We all know coaches work 14+ hrs a day. Had a mini stroke too this season I thought too, but I'm not 100% to be honest

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I believe the decision will be made by COB Sunday.

If it's McVay we will see them bring him in again or sign him outright to a contract by throwing money at him to keep him from interviewing in SF (his interview there is Monday and if he goes to it SF will hire him IMO).

If it's Shanahan or McDaniels we will see the front office start the hiring of the coaches they want that aren't currently in the playoffs beginning Monday.

IMO the Rams are not going to wait around. Monday is the 9th, they want their guy identified or they're gonna be on the backside of the hiring of the positional guys. Hoping it's McVay, and that we hear something bubbling by tomorrow about it.

Listening to Sirius Sat Radio tonight 8pm PT "NFL Rewind" Its being replayed currently BY THE WAY

And ex Bucs GM was predicting Jags to name a "def coach" as their next HC early this week. won't say who though. So I gotta think its Mike Smith (or Coughlin)

Re: Whiners Dominik said its believed McDainiels wants to bring ESPN Theo Roddick as his GM...This tandem appears to be the favourite in Whinerville

Last edited:

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
So lets hope Bronco's hire Vance Joseph so we can take our time picking between Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay.

Since
SD is also going to go for a def background HC since they kept Ken Whisinhunt (sp?). My guess is Sean mcDermott, Schwartz or Patricia or Special teams from KC Dave Toub
Bills "appear" to like Lynn still.

Mike Smith
"should" be next HC in Jax is my guess from listening to Sirius Sat Radio
tonight They haven't named dropped.

Last edited:

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Young HCs are nothing new. John Madden, Jon Gruden are a couple guys who were young successful HCs.

You know the only difference between them and McVay? McVay got into the NFL quicker. That's the only difference. So he comes out younger, but no less experienced

Sean McVay grandfather was a long time GM in the NFL

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Listening to Sirius Sat Radio tonight 8pm PT "NFL Rewind" Its being replayed currently BY THE WAY

And ex Bucs GM was predicting Jags to name a "def coach" as their next HC early this week. won't say who though. So I gotta think its Mike Smith (or Coughlin)

Re: Whiners Dominik said its believed McDainiels wants to bring ESPN Theo Riddick as his GM...

Yep. Jaguars are likely to hire Mike Smith. Will be interesting to see who he brings with him. I think that's an enticing job for Mike McCoy. Smith is more of a CEO type HC. He gives his coordinators a lot of leeway.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Yep. Jaguars are likely to hire Mike Smith. Will be interesting to see who he brings with him. I think that's an enticing job for Mike McCoy. Smith is more of a CEO type HC. He gives his coordinators a lot of leeway.

Seems Bronco's hire will have some affect on our possible hire... And if Boy Wonder & Theo Roddick are gaining steam tonight in Whinerville... Hell we might "still" be in a good spot...Just thinking out loud

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Now the Rams are going to interview Mike Vrabel. At this point, I think Demoff is just taking as many notes about football in general and Demoff is going to coach the team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
@Merlin @den-the-coach

Alright gentlemen,

What do we do ?Do we risk losing McVay by waiting
a week to interview Shanahan?Or if we are thoroughly impressed with
McVay do we pull the trigger now? I am with on BS snowed in crap, Coach.Uncalled for.
I am hoping McVay wants to steer clear of train wreck in SF.Your thoughts?
Rumor is Josh McFaniels would only really want 8ers job at this point.
--They have draft picks, 2nd most $$ to spend 4 FA's & gets to come over with college buddy from NE as a package. I'm sure the 48ers will do better with The #2 pick overall thus years draft ? If not get value trading back ??