Rams Coaching Interviews:It's official, McVay hired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I'll stay focused on what knowledgeable football minds are saying, and what their actions say by spending so much time on McVay. You can focus on..a number.
Ok and I'll lean on the history of the NFL that agrees with me.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 8m8 minutes ago

Rams team officials are unable to get out of Boston, where they interviewed Josh McDaniels, in time to meet with Shanahan in ATL

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Ok and I'll lean on the history of the NFL that agrees with me.

Young HCs are nothing new. John Madden, Jon Gruden are a couple guys who were young successful HCs.

You know the only difference between them and McVay? McVay got into the NFL quicker. That's the only difference. So he comes out younger, but no less experienced

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Young HCs are nothing new. John Madden, Jon Gruden are a couple guys who were young successful HCs.

You know the only difference between them and McVay? McVay got into the NFL quicker. That's the only difference. So he comes out younger, but no less experienced
31 is something new.
Gruden was 35 and Madden was the exception to the rule at 32 almost 33
But I get it, mcvay is smarter and learned more than any other coach in history faster.
Hope he proves me right coaching another team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's fair. I'd definitely be very disappointed in him but who knows? Maybe he surprises me.

That's what I'm trying not to do. There's no reason to be disappointed before we see any results. Guys like John Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy, Asshole Face, Jack Del Rio, and Mike Tomlin are all viewed as quality head coaches now. Back during the hiring process, all of them were likely guys you would have been disappointed in.

Harbaugh was a special teams coordinator. McCarthy was coming off a year where he was OC to the NFL's worst offense (San Francisco). Payton was the AHC/QB Coach and had been pushed out of his previous coordinator job in NYG. Jack Del Rio had a very mediocre record in Jacksonville and hadn't done anything that impressive with the Broncos defense. Mike Tomlin had only been coordinator for one year to that point and was reportedly interviewed to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

On the other hand, guys like Josh McDaniels, Steve Spagnuolo, Gus Bradley, Mike McCoy, Ken Whisenhunt, Chip Kelly, Jeff Fisher, etc. were all big names and hot coordinators who flopped. You just never know who will be successful and who won't.

You would think he if he liked any of the Offensive assistants on the Skins, he might bring one or two of them with him.

He also might know some of the NFC East teams assistants fairly well and might be able to pluck someone from those staffs. Just guessing though of course...

The last 6 years he's only been tied to the NFC East and exclusively with Washington.
240px-Sean_McVay_2014.jpg

Are we hiring the Ginger Rifle as our next Head Coach? ;)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
31 is something new.
But I get it, mcvay is smarter and learned more than any other coach in history faster.

Faster? No. Just earlier.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Yup because McVay is that much smarter than the rest. Got it.

No, because Gruden liked him enough to hire him at 22 instead of a little later for most assistants entering the NFL. I don't understand what you're getting at? No one is saying McVay is the smartest guy in the history of ever. He's just a bright guy who got his start in the NFL very early and ran with it and is now getting HC interviews because of all the qualities he brings.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Rams team officials are unable to get out of Boston, where they interviewed Josh McDaniels, in time to meet with Shanahan in ATL

Can they meet with him tomorrow? They better seems unfair to be grounded by weather, but typical.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
31 is something new.

Let's not write a guy off because of age. (y)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Will / Would be interesting to see what kind of staff that McVay could put together

From what I understand; head coaches interviews weigh heavily on who they want and can get for the coordinator positions.

Weather-Gate? ;)

Shanahan will most likely end up with the Broncos anyway.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Vincent Bonsignore ‏@DailyNewsVinny 3m3 minutes ago

#Rams currently trying to figure out options on talking to Kyle Shanahan after blizzard made interview today impossible

Nice job...The top guy you interview last....Maybe everybody is right, Demoff, WTH? No excuse for that shit!

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
McVay could also attempt to bring Bill Callahan with him from Washington as his OC even though Washington doesn't have to grant that request (and they might not with all the Trash Fish talked over the years). Callahan was a wealth of head coaching experience, experience as a play caller, and is the best offensive line coach in the league. Could be a huge resource as a right hand man for a young coach if they can swing it. Bring a great young offensive mind and former head coach/play caller who is best OL coach in the league, just what the doctor ordered if you ask me.