PREGAME Rams at Bears | Sept-29-2024 | 1:00pm E.T.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

After a brief return home, the Rams are back on the road in Week 4 with a visit to Soldier Field to take on the Bears in Chicago. Kickoff on Sunday is scheduled for 10 a.m. pacific time on FOX.

In advance of the contest, here is your First Look at Rams-Bears:

Notable Bears additions

Selected former USC QB Caleb Williams No. 1 overall in this year's draft: Williams was brought in after Chicago traded its former starter, Justin Fields, to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Williams has completed 70 of 118 pass attempts (59.3%) for 630 yards with 2 touchdowns against 4 interceptions through his first three games.

Signed DB Kevin Byard to a 2-year deal in March: A safety with All-Pro and Pro Bowl pedigree, the 31-year-old Byard joined the Bears after playing six games with the Titans and 10 games with the Eagles last season (Tennessee traded Byard to Philadelphia in-season last year).

Top performers in Week 3

Williams completed 33 of 52 pass attempts for 363 yards with 2 touchdowns against 2 interceptions in the Bears' 21-16 loss to the Colts in Indianapolis.

RB Roschon Johnson led Chicago's backfield with 30 rushing yards on 8 carries.

WR Rome Odunze (6 catches, 112 yards, 1 touchdown) and TE Cole Kmet (10 catches, 97 yards, 1 touchdown) paced the Bears' receivers.

LB Tremaine Edmunds led Chicago's defense with 5 total tackles and 1 interception.

On special teams, K Cairos Santos made 1 of 2 field goal attempts (miss was from 56, make from 53) and his lone extra point attempt, while P Tory Taylor averaged 42.3 yards per punt across three punts.

Early storylines to watch, and what they mean for the Rams

While a complementary performance across all three phases is always critical to a win, this week will be no different for the Rams against the Bears.

Chicago has had its ups and downs offensively and on special teams, but it still owns the No. 8 total defense in the NFL (286.7 yards per game allowed).

Pass protection and playing an overall clean game offensively will be crucial, but the margins that could define this game will likely be found in the plays made on special teams and defense for Los Angeles.

Rams head coach Sean McVay on Monday said special teams has become an edge for the team this season. Just like last week against the 49ers, this would be another opportune time to show it again and help get L.A. to 2-2.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
2-2 here we come. Counting those chickens @Loyal keeps telling me to ignore. Defense about to have a big game and start climbing out of the statistical cellar wooooooo!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams need this game. Not only to keep up in the standings, but to get the youngsters to start believing in themselves and the team, and also because Chicago is not firing on all cylinders and the Rams need to take advantage of weak teams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ve watched the Bears some this season. They’ve played well defensively. They have weapons on offense, but not clicking yet.

Titans they won 24-17
Texans lost 19-13
Colts lost 21-16

On the road this will be a tough game. We need the win.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hope to see Parkinson involved in the passing game, again, this week.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’ve watched the Bears some this season. They’ve played well defensively. They have weapons on offense, but not clicking yet.

Titans they won 24-17
Texans lost 19-13
Colts lost 21-16

On the road this will be a tough game. We need the win.
The Colts cannot stop the run and the Bears couldn’t run on them. Thats a good omen for the Rams defense right there. The Bears top rusher was Johnson with 30 yards. Caleb Williams ran once for 8 yards. The Bears Oline is not good. The Rams should be able to bring pressure. Maybe a multiple sack game for the rookies. In week 2 the Texans sacked Williams 7 times. That is likely a combination of poor protection and a QB still adjusting to NFL speed. I pray that we see a few Rams blitzes in this game. Williams will be likely to struggle diagnosing them. Dont make things too easy for him.

If the Rams can get a lead early and force Caleb to win the game I would be confident it will be a Rams win.

What I fear is the Bears defense keeping the score low. The Bears have some big play receivers and as we saw from Jayden Daniels on Monday night, it only takes a few big plays to turn a game around. Odunze was 6/11 for 112 and Kmet was 10/11 for 97. I don’t want to see Odunze pull a MHJr and have a huge game. So far two receivers have had huge games against the Rams. The Colts Johnathon Taylor had a big game against the Bears with 110 yards and a 4.1 YPC

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We have the worst run defense. They have the worst run offense. Caleb Williams is their run game. They do have a pretty good defense though. As long as our offense doesn't turn it over we should come out on top. Checked the TV lineup. Looks like its the first game I'm gonna have to stream.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not gonna lie, this one has me concerned
Caleb seemed to find something last week in his 363 yard passing effort, and seems due for his "breakout game"
Coming off the emotional high of last weeks win, I sure hope they dont take this team lightly

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Not gonna lie, this one has me concerned
Caleb seemed to find something last week in his 363 yard passing effort, and seems due for his "breakout game"
Coming off the emotional high of last weeks win, I sure hope they dont take this team lightly
He did throw two picks. But it was definitely his best. And our defense is still among the worst. He hasn't found a way to put up points consistently with 16 points. And 7 was with two minutes left. At this point every game concerns me until we get guys back and the defense starts to improve.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
This will be a very tough road game. Williams can really stress our secondary by extending plays. Bears have deep weapons and our DB's have been average at best.

DeaconJones

Rookie
A winnable game we need to win. If we win, it's like a do-over on the season after starting 0-2. I am thinking this game is comparable to last year's Indy game with Anthony Richardson. They will scare us, but we will prevail in the end.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
If the Rams can keep Caleb in the pocket and collapse it he will struggle. If we play like we did against AZ and the 49ers it's gonna be another long afternoon for our defense. I think the next couple of games is going to be very telling on what happens with Shulas future @ Defensive coordinator.

I'm not really worried about the Rams Offense. Having our tackles back really shored up our line. So we're going to score points but can our defense get their act together when it comes to tackling and taking better angles because right now, it's quite sad.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
We have the worst run defense.
The first two games we had the worst run defense.
Even the first half of the niners game we kind of sucked.
But in the second half of the niners game we really started to tighten up in a big way.
I think the reason it wasn't clicking at first is because they felt a little lost without defensive play caller and defensive Captain Ernest Jones.
But I think they've turned the corner and I think they're going to tighten up much more on run D.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
Our 1st 3 games set us up for another mobile qb who will be sorry to see us. We have 12 man front plays, Stafford and Kendricks, and hey?! corum anyone? Karty,evans and our new punt returner. I'm feeling a win coming up. Go rams. (look, if we are going to compete and be a real threat this year we need to win this game to prove it). Easy peasy.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Rams’ D can pressure the passer but seems to have difficulty closing the deal.

Caleb can extend plays, but he’s a rook. Totally expecting him to make some spectacular plays, for both teams. Optimistic that he’ll make more plays for the Rams than for the Bears.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I'm not really worried about the Rams Offense. Having our tackles back really shored up our line. So we're going to score points but can our defense get their act together when it comes to tackling and taking better angles because right now, it's quite sad.
This^^
I’m tired of seeing QBs escaping.
The Rams offense will start scoring more