Rams are no longer overwhelming favorites in NFC West

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But you’re not a Cards fan, so I’m also sure you didn’t see most of Rosen’s throws either.

I’ll definitely give Goff credit if he wins a SB & has much to do with it unlike a Trent Dilfer.

I don’t think Goff is average or anything. Hell, I give Goff massive credit for going on the road & beating the Saints. Just that SB left a very bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths.

You're right, I haven't seen every Rosen throw. Yet, the reason I brought up Goff was because after that first horrendous year of rookie play and bad coaching, he has progressed every year since. It was Rosen's first year under coaching that the owner and GM thought was bad enough to fire after one year. His and Steve Wilks firings seemed premature to me

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was Rosen's first year under coaching that the owner and GM thought was bad enough to fire after one year.

This. If his head coach was that horrendous, then giving up on the QB that the team had traded up to get after one season seems stupid. Fine with me, I want the Cards to crash and burn - I want them to do just well enough that they don't get a good chance at the very top talent, and for them to be stupid enough to keep trying to get players for a system that didn't even work well in college.

Really, we all should be happy that they dumped Rosen after one season for a small QB that might be broken in half by Donald or any of the other DL in the NFC West.

dang

Legend
No. The best case scenario is we lost 5 starters and the new guys will be even better starters on lesser contracts.

- Weddle is cheaper than Joyner. and likely better out of the gate
- Gaines is way cheaper than Suh. will go thru growing pains but could be a better run stuffer
- Kiser is way cheaper than Barron. and likely better against the run out of the gate
- Noteboom is way cheaper than Saffold. He wont be as good this year but could be very serviceable for a year before moving to LT
- Allen is cheaper than Sullivan. should be a solid replacement by middle of year - Rams may miss some of Sullivan's leadership

The saved $$$ allowed retention of Fowler, will help pay for the next Goff contract and pick up Peters 5th year (which allows for one more year to determine boom/bust and perhaps lock up an elite CB tandem with Long for the next 4 years).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm not sold the Rams are weaker. We're less proven on paper, but that doesn't necessarily translate to weaker.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It wasn’t all Rosen, but to believe none of the play was his fault is asinine.
A rookie QB in that offense? I'm giving him a pass. If anyone on that team doesn't deserve a pass it's the veteran guys who stunk it up. Many of whom are still there.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A rookie QB in that offense? I'm giving him a pass. If anyone on that team doesn't deserve a pass it's the veteran guys who stunk it up. Many of whom are still there.
BINGO, mojorisen!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm not sold the Rams are weaker. We're less proven on paper, but that doesn't necessarily translate to weaker.

I'm not sold either. We're still a legit contender and probably better prepared for a deep playoff run. That battle tested thing people talk about. We definitely have it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously, there is no team in the NFC West that is better. I would be dumbfounded, stupefied, and gobsmacked if the Rams didn't repeat in 2019.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Guy puts up similar numbers to the GOAT without his favorite WR Cooper Kupp and people are going to dump on him. It is what it is, he'll just have to prove them wrong this season.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837308-latest-rumors-notes-from-nfl-offseason-workouts#slide4
Latest Rumors, Notes from NFL Offseason Workouts
by Chris Roling

Cooper Kupp on the Mend
  1. 49f449c55d9319a94857e00ddef08c0c_crop_exact.jpg

One of the more underappreciated injury comeback stories is unfolding for the Los Angeles Rams.

Cooper Kupp, a third-round pick in 2017, was a key cog in helping quarterback Jared Goff's turnaround under Sean McVay before the receiver went down in Week 10 with a season-ending ACL tear. Now he's on the way back, working individual drills during OTAs.

"I can't predict how I'm going to feel even a week from now," Kupp said, according to Lindsey Thiry of ESPN.com. "But the way that things are going, I'm happy with the way that things are trending. Each week there's progress."

Despite only playing in eight games, Kupp finished tied for the team high with six touchdown catches. And as Thiry went on to point out, Goff's completion percentage dipped from 71 to 61 percent and the team's first-down percentage went from 47 to 38 percent without Kupp on the field.

It is easy to overlook Kupp's impact because of how well the Rams played. But he's a critical element of the offense's success, and that's even before taking into account the big unknown with Todd Gurley's knee and the fact that other teams plundered McVay's coaching staff.

oldnotdead

Legend
Good no more pressure to be perfect. Just getting to and winning the SB being all that matters. The key will be how the revamped oline holds up.