Rams are in serious trouble and ditching Jared Goff may be the only way out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol I didn’t even read the post and I’m definitely not the biggest Goff supporter but even I can see this goes beyond Goff

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah..... not really a good plan.

Whatever anyone thinks about Goff we aren't finding any more viable QB anytime soon

Especially since we have no 1st round draft picks
I agree. But Kaepernick would offer some mobility behind this awful line

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
View attachment 32076

Context is a wonderful thing. Different systems bring different results. The same applies to the metrics used to examine performance. If you honestly believe our O Line is better than NE's than I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

1573684860888.png

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
View attachment 32076

Context is a wonderful thing. Different systems bring different results. The same applies to the metrics used to examine performance. If you honestly believe our O Line is better than NE's than I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

What I "believe' is that those numbers indicate that clever playcalling/design combined with superior QB play can mask some of the deficiencies of a OL.

If you prefer to keep Goff and McVay on a untouchable pedelstal, then we will have to agree to disagree.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The Steeler defense is mid pack, at best.

NE scored 33 points on them earlier this year.

Brady went 24/36 for 341 yards with 3 Td's and no int's or fumbles in that game.

The Steelers D has been better as of late, and to compare what a 20 year, HOF QB did in the first game of the season behind a solid OL to what Goff did behind one of the lowest (if not THE lowest) ranked OL in the league right now is patently ridiculous. Brady barely got breathed on by the Steelers D in that game. Goff got hit numerous times and had a pocket that collapsed from all sides on a majority of dropbacks. No valid comparison at all here.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I wonder if we'll be seeing Bill Callahan brought in either to replace Kromer or as a highly valued offensive piece.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Not a fan of "metrics" and "statistics" but even I had to laugh.

Am I in the right year?

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

If anyone actually believes our OL is 10th best in the league right now, all I can say is ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soXMCkoWfQo

And any statistical system that ranks them as such needs serious re-examination.

EDIT: It's even worse. If you select their rank in Pass Pro, it says the Rams are 3rd best in the league. Unbelievable.

Capitaino

UDFA
I see the QB defenders are out in full force in this thread. Time to go to some objective stats: Per Football Outsiders:

2018. Goff's QBR was 6th in the NFL.
2019. Goff's QBR is 24th in the NFL.

O Line Pass Protection Stats:
2018. 1st in the NFL in adjusted sack rate.
2019. 3rd in the NFL in adjusted sack rate.

The clear regression of the QB is the primary reason the Rams offense is bad. It's not the offensive line. Goff isn't getting sacked that much more this year, than last year. That's a fact. That the QB is going to be paid like a top 3 QB in the league, and is giving the team 20+ performance, is why the author believes the Rams only chance to get out of the hole is deal Goff.

Because bottomline, if Goff is this bad, and at this salary for the next 3 years, the Rams will not be making the playoffs. So either he needs to play to the level of his contract (like Aaron Donald has), or he needs to be moved to another team so the Rams can accumulate draft capital to rebuild with.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Well, through nine games.....

NE's rushing attack was ranked 23rd, three spots below the Rams.

...and.....

Brady and Goff had been both been sacked 16 times.

Clear things up any?
How freaking lame

How about this stat

Rams played vs 5 teams with winning records
Pats 3

Rams opponents combined records 40-41
(Unfortunately the 0-9 bengals skew this)

Pats opponents combined records 30-52

Context my man

“Clear things up any”

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I see the QB defenders are out in full force in this thread. Time to go to some objective stats: Per Football Outsiders:

2018. Goff's QBR was 6th in the NFL.
2019. Goff's QBR is 24th in the NFL.

O Line Pass Protection Stats:
2018. 1st in the NFL in adjusted sack rate.
2019. 3rd in the NFL in adjusted sack rate.

The clear regression of the QB is the primary reason the Rams offense is bad. It's not the offensive line. Goff isn't getting sacked that much more this year, than last year. That's a fact. That the QB is going to be paid like a top 3 QB in the league, and is giving the team 20+ performance, is why the author believes the Rams only chance to get out of the hole is deal Goff.

Because bottomline, if Goff is this bad, and at this salary for the next 3 years, the Rams will not be making the playoffs. So either he needs to play to the level of his contract (like Aaron Donald has), or he needs to be moved to another team so the Rams can accumulate draft capital to rebuild with.
Oh look who’s back

Super troll from the PD

Nice

Let’s see how long you last here Amigo

Oh and please give my regards to Safety Blitz

sjm1582002

How freaking lame

How about this stat

Rams played vs 5 teams with winning records
Pats 3

Rams opponents combined records 40-41
(Unfortunately the 0-9 bengals skew this)

Pats opponents combined records 30-52

Context my man

“Clear things up any”

Not really.

Why are the Pats rushing numbers worse than the Rams since the Pats have played a collection of inferior opponents?

Also, why are the Pats sack numbers the same as the Rams since the Pats have had many fairly easy wins against weak opponents?

We have problems that go beyond the OL.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I've asked this question of the forum before without reply, but would you sacrifice Littleton should someone like Scherff become available in free agency ?

This.

I’m with ya, riverrumbbq.

Basically, I think this is the essential question facing the organization this offseason:

How many sacrifices will we need to make in order to free up FA money for help on the OL?

Answer: A lot.

We may lose Fowler. We may lose Littleton. We may lose both. Maybe even both and ANOTHER big sacrifice. But we won’t have a choice because an inadequate OL jeopardizes not only our franchise QB, but the entirety of our offensive system.

I understand Snead’s decision to gamble on Whit-Boom-Allen-Blythe-Hav. Unfortunately, we lost that gamble big-time. Snead and co. recognize the failure of this gamble, and they won’t make the same mistake again.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Not really.

Why are the Pats rushing numbers worse than the Rams since the Pats have played a collection of inferior opponents?

Also, why are the Pats sack numbers the same as the Rams since the Pats have had many fairly easy wins against weak opponents?

We have problems that go beyond the OL.
1) I fail to see the relevance in paragraph 1, the Rams entire success on offense is predicated on play action, but of course you already know that

2) Got any stats on QB pressures? Goff could have many more sacks but does seem to have just a little...ahem, cough “pocket presence” than some here refuse to give him credit for

And please make no mistake, our OL has been at best very disappointing, you can’t tell me if the running game was on par with pre-bye last year that that our offense (and the QB) would be just fine

This year has been a learning experience for Goff AND McVay, both are very young and will benefit from this

Shoot me but that’s my take

To answer River, yes I’d let Littleton walk if it turned a weak spot on the OL into a Pillar

sjm1582002

1) I fail to see the relevance in paragraph 1, the Rams entire success on offense is predicated on play action, but of course you already know that

2) Got any stats on QB pressures? Goff could have many more sacks but does seem to have just a little...ahem, cough “pocket presence” than some here refuse to give him credit for

And please make no mistake, our OL has been at best very disappointing, you can’t tell me if the running game was on par with pre-bye last year that that our offense (and the QB) would be just fine

This year has been a learning experience for Goff AND McVay, both are very young and will benefit from this

Shoot me but that’s my take

To answer River, yes I’d let Littleton walk if it turned a weak spot on the OL into a Pillar

I think we are witnessing what happens when defenses no longer have to plan for, and play against, a monster, home run hitting, RB on every single down.

We're asking for more than this QB, or OL, can deliver.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I think we are witnessing what happens when defenses no longer have to plan for, and play against, a monster, home run hitting, RB on every single down.

We're asking for more than this QB, or OL, can deliver.
On this I can agree, at the end of the day who the hell really knows what’s going on with Gurley?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bonifay, you are great, but please, don't post crap like this again on the site. I come here to read intelligent takes on our team. If I wanted to hear what dipshits had to say, I'd tune into one of those stupid talk shows.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Steeler defense is mid pack, at best.

NE scored 33 points on them earlier this year.

Brady went 24/36 for 341 yards with 3 Td's and no int's or fumbles in that game.

That was before they acquired Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.