Rams are in serious trouble and ditching Jared Goff may be the only way out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldnotdead

Legend
Fix the o-line and you fix the Rams. QB, RB, WR & TE all very good. You can't run or pass without good o-line play. You build and offense around the o-line. Without good play up front nothing else works.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't see the Rams sacrificing resigning Littleton. IIRC he was/is in the top three pass defending LBers in the entire NFL. The narrative that Wade doesn't spend on ILBers seems to be based on getting great production out of mid-round picks in Denver. It doesn't mean he does not value Littleton. I looked up Scherff's free agent estimated value between 12 and 13 Million a year.
The Rams are top-heavy on the offensive contracts. Adding Scherff will add to that. Despite the Rams holding Pittsburg 's scoring down they did let up a lot of yards. I think need to keep Littleton while finding a replacement for Brockers.

I know Zuerlein has some missed but, replacing him could lead to bigger problems.

Pushing all the cap hits to 2021 may or not be a good idea. I'm not sure but, you are right they don't have to effect 2020.

As much as I would dislike seeing Littleton go, I could accept it if it meant a quality offensive lineman was brought in during free agency. Keeping Goff upright and providing blocking for our RB's has to become our top priority imo.
While the Rams are currently CAP top heavy on offense, that could all change following the 2020 season as it becomes far easier to restructure guys like Gurley, Cooks & Higbee, and Havenstein could very well become a CAP casualty as his dead money hit will now be quite manageable. Depending on his health, Cooks could be facing either a medical buy-out or a potential trade in 2021, just as Kupp's new salary goes into effect. Everett's expenses will rise as will Ramsey's & JJ3's, but these can be off-set partially as Weddle & Matthews will no longer be around and the overall NFL CAP rate increases. jmo.

Last edited:

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Remind me again what sort of O line and running game NE have? :palm:

Well, through nine games.....

NE's rushing attack was ranked 23rd, three spots below the Rams.

...and.....

Brady and Goff had been both been sacked 16 times.

Clear things up any?

KayJay

Starter
Lol look, I'm that guy when you talk about making rational; logical, factual and reasonable moves. But have you ever seen what its like to coach up QB's? Do you know how hard it is just to find a serviceable one? With the throws you know Goff can make if you give him time, do you really believe ditching a quarterback who just made a Superbowl last year would be a viable option for this team? I don't think so, I'm not going through that shit again. Everyone on the outside looking in always has something to say. Wait till its the quarterback of your favorite team going through the same shit, then lets see how you feel about trading your quarterback who just had some great seasons.

Trading Goff, or even ditching him at this point would be short sighted and destructive like Reaganomics. Do I have beef with the way my quarterback is playing? You're god damn right I do. But you know who I else have beef with? The offense from top to bottom and that includes McVay. All this does is just make me even more frustrated with this offensive line and the people who f*cking neglected it. Now my quarterback literally has every loss, every turnover magnified to high hell. People cherry picking stats "Well he's only been sacked 16 times". Yeah that's because he's throwing it away jack ass and trying to make plays with literally zero time has him more susceptible to turnovers at this point.

I kind of wish we did trade him. Trade him to an up and coming team or someone who needs a QB so fans in here could come back down to earth. Is Goff elite? Fuck no, has he even proven he can make guys better? You know, I'd love to answer that but I don't really get a chance, because by the time I get the chance to answer that question; he's probably having one of his offensive linemen pushed back into his face. I sat and watched the Seattle game. You know what they do when their line can't be trusted all of the time? Short passing routes, misdirection and roll outs. You know what McVay does? "Fuck it, just go out there and get rid of the ball quicker" LOL HOW?! Most of the routes need to develop, and if the timing is off even a little bit the play is screwed. I love McVay man, but I'm jealous that Jimmy G, and Carson Wentz get to make the easiest passes and get their numbers. This is f*cking bull shit. I need to breath...

giphy.gif

Ellard80

Legend

...and.....

Clear things up any?

Yeah... I mean Goff has shown the ability that he can lead a good offense.

But there is so much fallacy that people repeat - one is that Tom Brady always has a good offensive line.

Just pure poo-poo

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Why even post articles like this?

Wouldn't we rather piss on some obscure author than our own team ? The people on this forum are much more clued in on what's going on with the Rams, and while we may disagree on how to improve the team, no-one here is suggesting we dismantle the entire apparatus. jmo.

Ellard80

Legend
Wouldn't we rather piss on some obscure author than our own team ? The people on this forum are much more clued in on what's going on with the Rams, and while we may disagree on how to improve the team, no-one here is suggesting we dismantle the entire apparatus. jmo.

Yeah... 5-4 record and its time to rebuild lol....

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod

...and.....

Clear things up any?
'Really depends which metric is being used doesn't it? Bleacher Report, PFF, EPSN's 'wonderful' QBR. They're all designed to give the user the stats that support their argument. I've never been one to put too much faith in these systems. Anyone giving both lines the eye test would take NE's line over ours in a heartbeat.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah, i think the best course of action right now for a loaded roster coming off a 13 win season is to go on another long search for a franchise QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Steeler defense is mid pack, at best.

NE scored 33 points on them earlier this year.

Brady went 24/36 for 341 yards with 3 Td's and no int's or fumbles in that game.
Well, Brady does that to a lot of teams, especially in season openers played in Foxboro.
On the other hand, Garapolo (3 turnovers), Lamar Jackson (3 INT) & Rivers (3 turnovers) had their trouble with the D as well.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Neither am i but team adversity draws flies like a turd on the lawn. The board has been quite active this week. Yeah i said it.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
'Really depends which metric is being used doesn't it? Bleacher Report, PFF, EPSN's 'wonderful' QBR. They're all designed to give the user the stats that support their argument. I've never been one to put too much faith in these systems. Anyone giving both lines the eye test would take NE's line over ours in a heartbeat.

"Facts are stubborn things......."
---John Adams

Through nine games

16 sacks against NE Patsies
16 sacks against LA Rams.

Rams Rushing = 866 yards at 3.9 a pop.
NE Patsies rushing = 833 yards at 3.3 a pop

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've asked this question of the forum before without reply, but would you sacrifice Littleton should someone like Scherff become available in free agency ? The Rams have been stockpiling young ILB's, so i'm guessing there may be some reluctance to handing out a huge payday for Littleton at a position where Wade Phillips has traditionally not been inclined to do so.
Yes. I don't think it will come down to that but they need to invest in the line to make the QB investment work. Not to mention it would allow for Gurley to get better return for what he's being paid in a small sample size.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
---John Adams

Through nine games

I haven't watched NE games because I have a strong gag reflex. But I suspect this is the latest example of how bad a stat sacks are.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
---John Adams

Through nine games

1573683696221.png

Context is a wonderful thing. Different systems bring different results. The same applies to the metrics used to examine performance. If you honestly believe our O Line is better than NE's than I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.