Rams and Dante Fowler have agreed to terms on a new contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Nice signing. One year is little risk and potentially high-reward if Fowler plays at a high level next year.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I think it's definitely a prove it deal but even with signing goff next year the Rams still have a ton of cap space next year whit and Brockers come off the books fowler could be extended then and even if we were to resign Saffold at 3 years and make it so he gets more money in years 2 and 3 we still have some flexibility for this season but I believe this draft will be secondary Heavy with talib and peters also off the books next season ....decisions will need to be made but from what I'm seeing the Rams would have enough cap space to bring back who ever they want and add some key pieces and continue to build through the draft.......peters will be on the bubble talib great leader but will be a year older and the cap probably goes up another 10 million. I'm no cap guy but if anyone knows if I'm misreading the cap numbers just give me a heads up.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I really hope they didn't overpay him.
Yeah, we have more holes to fill, but glad to have him under contract. It's not like franchising Trumaine Johnson two years in a row (at least I hope not!). Fowler is young, really athletic and with AD on the line he's a force against qbs.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Also as much as it pains me would this team be better if they shipped Brockers out or cut him sign Houston and Malik Jackson

Would this front seven be better in your opinion or make us worse?

JFM - Donald - Jackson or JFM -Shelton - Donald
Houston - ???(Kizer) - Littleton - Fowler

Something like this really allows us to use the draft to continue to bolster and really find more core future. Draft a future corner a DT an offensive lineman or two.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bout had a heart attack when I read that. One year deal works, and I presume he'll be insurance for things not going their way with edge types in the draft.

Will be cool to see if Wade and company can get him to be more productive too.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bout had a heart attack when I read that. One year deal works, and I presume he'll be insurance for things not going their way with edge types in the draft.

Will be cool to see if Wade and company can get him to be more productive too.
Fowler, and next is Saffold.......according to DTR!

TexasRam

Legend
Good to hear, still wondering on the amount they spent though.

I would love to team him with Justin Houston. That would be a terror with Donald in the middle.

I expect Brockers let go and Saffold signed next.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well done rams. I think Fowler will be better with an off season in the system under his belt. So does he as he wants to cash in next free agency.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s good to see Fowler signed for another year. I hope we have an answer for the other side of the line. If Obo turns out to be any good it could be another interesting year!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Sounds encouraging to me.

The 1 year prove it aspect seems pretty shrewd to me.

I feel reasonably confident that the Rams didn’t overpay.

Two last thoughts that bring a smile to my face.

1. Fowler must have really wanted to remain with the Rams because he surely would have had multiple teams offering him multi-year deals with significant g-jack. Yet he agreed to a 1 year prove it deal to stay wth the Rams. Clearly, FA’s want to play for the Rams.

2. This leaves one less hole to fill ths offseason. And at one of our biggest need positions.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
So how does this effect out compensatory pick strategy? Is he exempt from counting against us because he was ours originally?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So how does this effect out compensatory pick strategy? Is he exempt from counting against us because he was ours originally?

Yes. Only free agents from other teams count against the comp picks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This makes me think Fowler's signing would have been bigger than a lot of folks suspect. And he would have gotten some years of security. Dude must have really wanted to return.

The Rams are rockstars. And as we go forward I think we're going to see a lot more of this desire to be a part of what McVay and company are cookin. (y)

A poster on another site said that Fowler said he felt things in Jacksonville didn't work out because the Jaguars gave up on him after he got injured. He valued loyalty and felt the Jaguars weren't loyal to him. On the other hand, he felt the Rams were invested in his success and went out of their way to help him succeed. My guess is that he thinks he can have a big year next year and land an even bigger deal. Makes sense if he thinks the market wasn't going to give him a guarantee-laden contract. Might as well try to prove yourself next to Donald in Wade's system.

Name
Coleman
I concur wholeheartedly with Rams43 in that getting Dante MuchInDemand Fowler to sign a One Year Prove-It Deal is very smart by Rams Management. Fowler will have to play his brains out, as he saw full well how Les Snead has no hesitation is cutting loose One Year Wonders like Sammy TooLazy! Watkins and Ndamakung (sp) RegularSeasonLoafGuy Suh and turning them into "One Year Rental Free Agents" by letting them go.

Fowler must really wanna play for Wade Oldman&TheDee Phillips and must really like the McVay instilled culture with Los Ramos, because the NY Jets were going to back up the Brink's Truck and install a ATM Machine in Fowler's living room later this week.

Brilliant move by Rams Management. How come we could never pull stuff like this off with Jay BaseballGuy Zygmunt and John DasVampir Shaw huh??
…..oh yeah....never mind:rolllaugh:

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I'm glad he's coming back.
A one year deal will keep him wanting to prove his worth.
My guess is 8-10 million for the season.