Rams and Dante Fowler have agreed to terms on a new contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really hope they didn't overpay him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Good deal I hope. Glad he's back. One less hole to fill.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really hope they didn't overpay him.

I think if we got it done before trying to feel out the market for other rushers than it was probably a deal around $9/10mil a year max. Hopefully after incentives are reached.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Wow, I’m surprised it’s not at least a 3 year deal. I hope he proves throughout this season and, knock on wood, postseason, that he should get a big contract.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
His best football is ahead of him, and it will be next year with the Rams.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Wow. One year deal. I'm guessing he left some serious money on the table to stay in LA.

I hope he dominates so much in 2019 that the Rams really can't afford to bring him back in 2020.

jap

Legend
Probably a Proof it! deal, laden with incentives before the offer or rejection of a multiyear deal.

London_Ram

Rookie
Waiting to see how much we're paying before saying this is an unqualified good move....however the fact it's only one year leaves me feeling that Fowler has will be playing all-out again next season. Gut feel says this is positive.

Based on last year also leaves me to think we may have our eyes on one or two Edge rushers in the draft we expect to reach the end of round three we can groom for the following year and we're looking at either OL or DL (or trade down) from round 1.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Cool!
Actually having his first mini-camp & preseason with the team should only help, right?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
This allows them to go into the draft without fixating on a OLB pass rusher. Fowler flashed, but wasn't a consistent force when you account for the attention Donald and Suh were getting. He did give a boost compared to what we had before him though. I fully expect the Rams to bring in another veteran OLB though. Good on Snead for turning that 3rd rounder into a 2 year deal.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he plays at the level he did after the trade, he will get a lot more on the open market next year than he would have this year. He will still only be 25, the age he would have been if his option had been picked up - so with a year of success he can really score on the contract.

As has been said, the Rams can develop people to replace him, probably a draftee this year, plus Obo. And with a one year contract, he could be gone right when Goff gets expensive, with no dead money.

Ram65

Legend
I wanted him back @ a reasonable price. Surprised it was a one year deal. Good stuff. I thought he liked playing for the Rams and would give a little discount because of the stable environment. Could be his estimated value was lower than many thought. How about 6-8 Million and not 13 Million per year..

How about another one on the other side?