Rams 2023 coaching changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I had a dream last night the Rams hired Brian Ferentz as OL coach. Dammit, I can't get rid of this guy.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Nice - like I was saying about the divide in the group.The coaching was a lot different. Whitworth in 2021 was trying to pass on the torch to Havenstien & Noteboom. Noteboom is really a mellow dude and isn’t that leader type.
Big Rob tried to be The Team Leader of the group,just hard shoes to fill.He(& Noteboom really tried to work on there kick out.Like I said & if anyone watched the Bills since Von Miller has been hurt,was the worst opening game matchup he could have had.
Bruss coming out of training camp looked RAW. Careberry needed to do a better job teach technique. Aaron Kromer was excellent at it, but against Cinncy not so much Sunday.
It was just time to move on.Careberry will always be the O”Line coach helped The Rams win a Superbowl
Leadership matters. Whit was basically irreplaceable as the leader of the oline if not of the whole offense.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm so fuckin sick of Staley anymore. Create your own damn coaching tree and quit going after McVays.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Staleys process for finding a new OC is looking an awful lot like his in game offensive decision making.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was Carberry a bad egg?

Jourdan: When you remove a guy like Whitworth, you start to see the communication gaps that Whitworth's presence spackled over. Whitworth was also instrumental in teaching, leadership and culture. Injuries exacerbated and put a spotlight on the communication gaps. Carberry was well-liked throughout the building. McVay was accustomed to a higher level of communication and teaching from that spot. She thinks Rams are looking for a different personality type with different experience level to come in as OL coach, especially without having Whitworth around.

Hammond: Sean used to probably half-jokingly call him "Coach Whitworth".
Jourdan: He will not be coaching the Rams. They need to hire him, but not in that role.

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/20NmVu3DXRkptJdKeHHSYh?si=7a24ab52c3924285

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1617648186042224649?s=20&t=oORRFzMecxBg1CS7md6LPg

Sounds like we need to hire Whitworth as a coach.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm so fuckin sick of Staley anymore. Create your own damn coaching tree and quit going after McVays.
Just more evidence of his lack of experience and that he really wasn’t ready to be a head coach to begin with.
OK. Evans, Kolone.
I thought it was interesting that McVay fired so many coaches. It made me think that he felt with all of the injuries some of them were giving up the fight. ie, not as invested in the job after the roster was gutted. He said it was because they weren’t coming up with original ideas or something like that. I think that was just coachspeak.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Ref. OL coach vacancies ....just go ahead & hired Andrew Whitworth & Alex Mack as the Ol coaches
I wish it was that simple. OL coaches don't always work out. Ask the Raiders about Pace

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Just more evidence of his lack of experience and that he really wasn’t ready to be a head coach to begin with.

I thought it was interesting that McVay fired so many coaches. It made me think that he felt with all of the injuries some of them were giving up the fight. ie, not as invested in the job after the roster was gutted. He said it was because they weren’t coming up with original ideas or something like that. I think that was just coachspeak.
When the Head Coach isn't all in can you really expect the others to be as?
It seemed to me Sean McVay wasn't the same investment, vested interest, this year as before.
Several things just seemed off. So using that as an excuse when it seemed he himself suffered the same condition.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Read a list of recent first time head coaches the last 5 years. Every single one of them took a coordinator from the other side of the ball from his former team his first time out. Rarely has one had to fire a coordinator in his first contract like Staley though. Him pulling from the Rams is not a new thing.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When the Head Coach isn't all in can you really expect the others to be as?
It seemed to me Sean McVay wasn't the same investment, vested interest, this year as before.
Several things just seemed off. So using that as an excuse when it seemed he himself suffered the same condition.
Oh I didn’t think that was the case at all. They were trying to win games and trying it with what they had. McVay wasn’t mailing it in, especially once he got Mayfield.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Read a list of recent first time head coaches the last 5 years. Every single one of them took a coordinator from the other side of the ball from his former team his first time out. Rarely has one had to fire a coordinator in his first contract like Staley though. Him pulling from the Rams is not a new thing.
Lou Anarumo is a good example of it not happening.

It seems like all Staley has is his McVay contacts. He was a Linebackers coach when Sean hired him. He was a first time, one year defensive coordinator. He coaches like he could have used a bit more seasoning.