Rams 2023 coaching changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is one of my pet peeves with the fucking renters. They can go after anyone on our coaching staff and use the selling point of you don't even have to move to be here. Fuck them and their whole organization. They need to go back to San Diego.
While I agree with going back to SD, they can have Olsen. Don’t rate him very high myself just like fans of teams he was OC at before.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
While I agree with going back to SD, they can have Olsen. Don’t rate him very high myself just like fans of teams he was OC at before.
I hear you there and wouldn't be devastated if we lost him, but I hate the fact that those assholes have that selling point.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Anyway, it’s interesting that McVay doesn’t even give his coaches a mulligan where the team had so many injuries. What new ideas could Carberry have had considering what he was working with?
Releasing Bobby Evans? :biggrin:

But yeah, kinda hard to blame Carberry for the 37 injuries the O line had. Or maybe when they cut Bobby Evans that was the last straw for KC? :laugh4:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is one of my pet peeves with the fucking renters. They can go after anyone on our coaching staff and use the selling point of you don't even have to move to be here. Fuck them and their whole organization. They need to go back to San Diego.
This could be very telling as Greg Olson would not be a good hire, in fact, he would be a downgrade from Joe Lombardi. Every time Olson has been an OC plus empowered to call plays, it has not gone well and I can't believe Staley is not reaching out to Frank Reich.

If Staley hires Olson, he will seal his fate and might be fired after next season IMHO.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Was Carberry a bad egg?

Jourdan: When you remove a guy like Whitworth, you start to see the communication gaps that Whitworth's presence spackled over. Whitworth was also instrumental in teaching, leadership and culture. Injuries exacerbated and put a spotlight on the communication gaps. Carberry was well-liked throughout the building. McVay was accustomed to a higher level of communication and teaching from that spot. She thinks Rams are looking for a different personality type with different experience level to come in as OL coach, especially without having Whitworth around.

Hammond: Sean used to probably half-jokingly call him "Coach Whitworth".
Jourdan: He will not be coaching the Rams. They need to hire him, but not in that role.

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/20NmVu3DXRkptJdKeHHSYh?si=7a24ab52c3924285

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1617648186042224649?s=20&t=oORRFzMecxBg1CS7md6LPg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nice - like I was saying about the divide in the group.The coaching was a lot different. Whitworth in 2021 was trying to pass on the torch to Havenstien & Noteboom. Noteboom is really a mellow dude and isn’t that leader type.
Big Rob tried to be The Team Leader of the group,just hard shoes to fill.He(& Noteboom really tried to work on there kick out.Like I said & if anyone watched the Bills since Von Miller has been hurt,was the worst opening game matchup he could have had.
Bruss coming out of training camp looked RAW. Careberry needed to do a better job teach technique. Aaron Kromer was excellent at it, but against Cinncy not so much Sunday.

It was just time to move on.Careberry will always be the O”Line coach that helped The Rams win a Superbowl

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This could be very telling as Greg Olson would not be a good hire, in fact, he would be a downgrade from Joe Lombardi. Every time Olson has been an OC plus empowered to call plays, it has not gone well and I can't believe Staley is not reaching out to Frank Reich.

If Staley hires Olson, he will seal his fate and might be fired after next season IMHO.
If not before. Talk about a pasty WB. Was never a true fan. My concern is what happens with Raheem Morris.
The Rams still need a OC. I know Zac Robinson is a very qualified coach & The Rams are lucky to have him on their staff.Olson is an added bonus that just is a ball coach. He really helped Ben Sko improve & build confidence.I’m also curious about Zak Kromer.(LMAO - his sister is hot & knows sports,old daddy & there beach day)He has grown up with The Rams & should get a nice role as a possible position coach ?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

'First Filled?' Rams Offensive Coordinator Search Nearing End​

The Los Angeles Rams' offensive coordinator job could be one of the first vacancies filled.​

With assurances of head coach Sean McVay's return to the Los Angeles Rams' sideline finally fulfilled, it appears fans won't have to be as patient when it comes to his cohorts.

Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated predicts that the Rams could be the first of the offensive coordinator-starved teams to fill their active vacancy. Former New York Jets overseer Mike LaFleur continues to stand as the reported favorite after spending the last two seasons in green.

Those at the Rams facilities, Breer warns, shouldn't paint LaFleur's name on the office door just yet, however.

"My sense is that (LaFleur) is still the direction this is going in, with much of the process already completed," Breer writes. "(But) Sean McVay has already interviewed Eagles QBs coach Brian Johnson and former Colts OC Marcus Brady for the job, too."

The Rams (5-12) are left without an offensive boss after prior man Liam Coen opted to return to the college ranks, set to represent the University of Kentucky in the same role. LaFleur's most recent season in New York enjoyed the rookie contributions of Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall, though the team failed to see any progress from 2021's second overall pick Zach Wilson.

Johnson and Brady (the latter) now an Eagles offensive consultant are both still working at this time of the year, as they're vying to succeed the Rams as NFC champions on Sunday afternoon against San Francisco (12 p.m. PT, Fox). Johnson is perhaps best known for his time under center at the University of Utah, notably earning MVP honors in the Utes' upset victory over Alabama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl. Brady has made a name for himself in the Canadian Football League, winning three Grey Cup titles through offensive coordinator service in Montreal and Toronto.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tijuana

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This STINKS

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Can’t make this crap up. His 3rd Ram to interview for OC.WTF?

Here Staley goes again.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Ref. OL coach vacancies ....just go ahead & hired Andrew Whitworth & Alex Mack as the Ol coaches

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ref. OL coach vacancies ....just go ahead & hired Andrew Whitworth & Alex Mack as the Ol coaches
He'll be a training camp coach. Makes too much money on Thursday nights now.