Rams 2023 coaching changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This was interesting from Jourdan at the Athletic;

Mike LaFleur, who was most recently with the Jets before he was let go earlier this month, is absolutely a name to watch here and perhaps even a frontrunner, some league sources believe. McVay has a type.

Other external coordinator candidates who could draw interest from the Rams include Eagles quarterback coach Brian Johnson, Bengals quarterback coach Dan Pitcher, and the Rams could kick the tires on Scott Turner, who was let go in Washington. Internally, Thomas Brown (running backs/assistant head coach) and Zac Robinson (quarterbacks) have impressed in their various roles, especially at the end of the season. Brown helped revive a terrible run game and Robinson was a crucial part of onboarding waiver-wire acquisition Baker Mayfield in Week 14.

As McVay teetered back and forth with his decision, former Colts head coach Frank Reich was an option in case the Rams needed a play caller who could be an interim head coach. As far as a coordinator position is concerned, many around the league believe Reich would prefer to be a head coach (though he would unmistakably provide veteran savvy and emotional balance for McVay as an OC).

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Frank Reich is intriguing for many of us. For me, in part, because it would almost HAVE TO represent a change in how McVay coordinates his offense. Have to believe that an experienced coach like Reich would require play-calling responsibilities, and some degree of independence.

I am a frequent viewer of the Boomer & Gio Show in NYC; and Reich is a long-time friend of Boomer Esiason (Reich was his back-up in college). Boomer's grown children refer to Reich as 'Uncle Frank'; and Boomer frequently discusses his friend's coaching situation.

I will keep an ear-out for any comments Esiason makes regarding Reich's future; and report back to ROD.

I'm on the job guys! You can count on me!
By-the-Way, question for the fine ROD Moderators (@CGI_Ram, @RamFan503, @Mackeyser, @Dodgersrf) ... What does a job like this pay?

To be clear, I’m not a mod…

Those that are generally do a fine job for peanuts…

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
So I don't have to read through 15 pages. Catch me up ... Who's gone so far this off season?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
A multi year rebuild? They will be back as SB contenders in 2023.

NOTE: I strongly oppose bullying. In fact in high school I used to defend any kid who was bullied in my presence. But that guy had to have had the shit smacked out of him as a teenager. Multiple times.

Q729

Legend

NOTE: I strongly oppose bullying. In fact in high school I used to defend any kid who was bullied in my presence. But that guy had to have had the shit smacked out of him as a teenager. Multiple times.
Who, Florio?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

My guess is that Mike Florio is still getting smacked around on a regular basis by some mean high school girls.

That might explain his behavior.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I enjoyed the viewpoint from Pete but once it got to Foolio speaking I had to listening. He’s not a douche. He’s the used up douche that ends up in the toilet.

Anyway, it’s interesting that McVay doesn’t even give his coaches a mulligan where the team had so many injuries. What new ideas could Carberry have had considering what he was working with?

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I enjoyed the viewpoint from Pete but once it got to Foolio speaking I had to listening. He’s not a douche. He’s the used up douche that ends up in the toilet.

Anyway, it’s interesting that McVay doesn’t even give his coaches a mulligan where the team had so many injuries. What new ideas could Carberry have had considering what he was working with?
Carberry may have had a lot of great ideas but not many had a chance to materialize on the field. Hard to find him too much at fault given the injuries, but when you go 5-12 it's also easy to understand why McVay is making changes.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Carberry may have had a lot of great ideas but not many had a chance to materialize on the field. Hard to find him too much at fault given the injuries, but when you go 5-12 it's also easy to understand why McVay is making changes.
They couldn't run the ball last yr with a healthy OL. Needed a change there.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And DeCamallis and several assistants. Not sure what may happen with Morris interviewing for HC positions. If Raheem were to leave it would be a clean sweep for all three squads.
At least we'd get picks. And could maybe promote some guys who may walk otherwise.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
At least we'd get picks. And could maybe promote some guys who may walk otherwise.
Imo Morris has done a credible job without the talent to play the kind of pressure D the board would prefer. The D in any event was better than the O, which collapsed. But while Morris is a leader he has never been seen as a defensive wizard. A pick and a new approach would be ok if he leaves.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imo Morris has done a credible job without the talent to play the kind of pressure D the board would prefer. The D in any event was better than the O, which collapsed. But while Morris is a leader he has never been seen as a defensive wizard. A pick and a new approach would be ok if he leaves.
Agreed. I'm a Morris supporter. Love picks though and I'd like to get someone with closer ties to Fangio if we wanna run that system.