Rams 2023 coaching changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very happy that Pleasant is returning. Lake is a great hire too. He had a hell of a run at Washington coaching DBs there (including Marcus Peters and Budda Baker).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Very happy that Pleasant is returning. Lake is a great hire too. He had a hell of a run at Washington coaching DBs there (including Marcus Peters and Budda Baker).
Both very smart coaches & will help Raheem Morris in coverage.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Look out all… the Rams are building a new staff!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Beginning with Thomas Brown and Raheem Morris.
& Sean Mcvay!

Who’s going to be The Rams TE coach? In HOUSE Mcvay might have F”D up!! For all the Morris Haters though it’s sort of funny.

Lake Ain’t afraid of hitting or pushing anyone. Maybe like the new post CGI posted smash mouth might become a thing?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Shula & Brown should go back to their best coaching positions? Brown RB coach.
Shula looks to be stripped of both his duties.Is the hire in spite of Morris or Shula? IMO this is just an addition that makes The Rams coaching staff stronger working together striving to continue to be better.

Tano

Legend
Shula & Brown should go back to their best coaching positions? Brown RB coach.
Shula looks to be stripped of both his duties.Is the hire in spite of Morris or Shula? IMO this is just an addition that makes The Rams coaching staff stronger working together striving to continue to be better.

I just hope Pleasant and Lake convince Morris that his secondary is good enough to disguise defenses instead of playing the same play over and over again

I think that is the most important thing in a defense. Disguising coverages.

If Morris does just that, I am okay with bringing him back.

There I said it

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I just hope Pleasant and Lake convince Morris that his secondary is good enough to disguise defenses instead of playing the same play over and over again

I think that is the most important thing in a defense. Disguising coverages.

If Morris does just that, I am okay with bringing him back.

There I said it
In fairness to Raheem I believe that held him back plus the lack of a consistent pass rush. Hopefully with the addition of Pleasant & Lake the Rams will take a more aggressive approach, although they will need to add a player or two for the edge in order for everything to click.

Anxious to see if Chris Shula is given back his title of OLB Coach and how that works as well. I'm sure soon the Rams will announce the complete coaching staff in 2023 and then we can pontificate by doing an analyses over the new hires and changes overall.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In fairness to Raheem I believe that held him back plus the lack of a consistent pass rush. Hopefully with the addition of Pleasant & Lake the Rams will take a more aggressive approach, although they will need to add a player or two for the edge in order for everything to click.

Anxious to see if Chris Shula is given back his title of OLB Coach and how that works as well. I'm sure soon the Rams will announce the complete coaching staff in 2023 and then we can pontificate by doing an analyses over the new hires and changes overall.
With some QBs getting the ball off in 1.5 seconds due to the 12 yard cushions the Rams give them, I doubt an edge rusher makes much of a difference. The problem is that the exaggerated scheme gives up first downs too often.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Nah we've learned here he's just plain stupid and McVay doesn't care enough to change things. It's amazing to me how we downgrade the pass rush and the scheme changes and it's all Morris' fault personnel has nothing to do with it. We lose our #2 and #3 CB to be replaced by a guy playing all year hurt when he actually plays and that doesn't affect the scheme Morris is just stupid and bad and McVay doesn't care enough to change it.

We added a pass rusher last year and it changed the team and the defense overall and allowed us to win the Super Bowl. This year at the trade deadline what were we looking for? Oh a pass rusher again? It's almost like the Rams FO and McVay knows they needed a pass rusher to make the defense better but Rams fans insist that the pass rush is fine it's just Morris being bad and stupid. What seems to be the one of the most common additions in this draft off season? A pass rusher you say? But our pass rush is fine it's just our DC that's bad.

Again I'm not a huge Morris guy but this insistence that the pass rush is fine doesn't jive with what we see the Rams having done and continue to try to do with adding an Edge rusher.

Tano

Legend
Nah we've learned here he's just plain stupid and McVay doesn't care enough to change things. It's amazing to me how we downgrade the pass rush and the scheme changes and it's all Morris' fault personnel has nothing to do with it. We lose our #2 and #3 CB to be replaced by a guy playing all year hurt when he actually plays and that doesn't affect the scheme Morris is just stupid and bad and McVay doesn't care enough to change it.

We added a pass rusher last year and it changed the team and the defense overall and allowed us to win the Super Bowl. This year at the trade deadline what were we looking for? Oh a pass rusher again? It's almost like the Rams FO and McVay knows they needed a pass rusher to make the defense better but Rams fans insist that the pass rush is fine it's just Morris being bad and stupid. What seems to be the one of the most common additions in this draft off season? A pass rusher you say? But our pass rush is fine it's just our DC that's bad.

Again I'm not a huge Morris guy but this insistence that the pass rush is fine doesn't jive with what we see the Rams having done and continue to try to do with adding an Edge rusher.
Oh it could be dramatically better but I still think we were a middle of the pack pass rushing team especially with Donald in there.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
@OldSchool I'm not trying to say that Morris didn't do the best he could with what he had and I'm not trying to say that you specifically hold this opinion, but it amazes me that people will let Morris of the hook because of injuries to the #2 and #3 CB but say we can't blame the offenses problems on losing the #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, and #9 OL. Just seems weird to me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO, with the additions of Pleasant & Lake the defensive staff is better so hopefully the Rams will add reinforcements to propel the defense accordingly. Plus I feel with Raheem coming up short in his pursuit to be a Head Coach will look to have a defense in the top 5 because if he's able to accomplish that task, he'll be too hard to ignore next year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@OldSchool I'm not trying to say that Morris didn't do the best he could with what he had and I'm not trying to say that you specifically hold this opinion, but it amazes me that people will let Morris of the hook because of injuries to the #2 and #3 CB but say we can't blame the offenses problems on losing the #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, and #9 OL. Just seems weird to me.
Show me where I said the offense was Morris' fault or that the injuries to not only the OL but Stafford and Kupp weren't the problem with the offense. The fact is we had a shitty year the year after winning the Super Bowl. People are shitting on Morris and twisting things to fit the narrative against him more than not. Fact is there were problems with all aspects of coaching and the roster. Morris isn't the reason we were a 5-12 team. He was part of the problem as was his boss the front office and the players in total.

And people may not be out right saying Morris is stupid but the things they're saying and even implying lead straight to that thought.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, with the additions of Pleasant & Lake the defensive staff is better so hopefully the Rams will add reinforcements to propel the defense accordingly. Plus I feel with Raheem coming up short in his pursuit to be a Head Coach will look to have a defense in the top 5 because if he's able to accomplish that task, he'll be too hard to ignore next year.
Having listened to Morris he is always looking to be the best coach he can be. Including this past season where he made fans forget how far 10 yards is :D