Raheem to ATL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I just don't agree with these stats.
You don't have a choice, they are accurate and you can check them yourself. PFR/Stathead are available to you. And you can the exact criteria.

Agreement does ot come into

I showed my support that on 3rd and 10 to 20 before the teams were trying to run out the clock and before the red zone, the Rams gave up a first down on over 50% of the time in over half the games. That's not that good imho.
No, you didn't.

Dallas converted on all 3rd and long that game until Dallas ran the ball at the end.
This is the one you didn't list details. So I checked Dallas was 0-1 in the criteria you chose.

So, no, your data does not support your thesis. Including the data you provided but the correct Dallas number

So, again, by your criteria, 3rd and 10-20 not counting the last 2 minutes the Rams were 16/43 for a conversion rate of 34.8%, assuming the rest of your figures.

Yes, 34.8% for the year. 34.8% If you compare that to the NFL this you in all situations --- because you only did the Rams and simply proclaimed them "not good" we cannot compare it perfectly unless you do the other 31 teams but as we have it that would rank 5th in the NFL. And do all 31 teams for the last 3 years. You didn't do that. All of my stuff did do that as well as broken down by year. All of it so as to keep it in context, what it showed relative to the NFL. And also, discount any good stats that did not come against poor offenses.

Do all that, which I don't think you well and if you did it would have to be rechecked, and then you will have context.

Using YOUR "support" -- the stuff in the post you are referring to (and it was hard to follow because of how you wrote it -- it was odd) --Anyway, the Rams were excellent in "3rd and 10 to 20 before the teams were trying to run out the clock and before the red zone"

34.8% is excellent.

They were really good in 5 games where they didn't give up a 1st down. And I believe that was against teams that had poor offenses. That kind of messes with the percentages.
Now we get into cherry-picking.

So if the Rams do well against so-called "poor offenses" the criteria that you chose doesn't count? That is exactly WHEN they should be "really good". And not giving up a 1st down in said situations is not "really good". It's like Pink sang, "F#@king perfect to me".

More cherry-picking, you did your "support" for just this year.

Another case of cherry picking is you are calling 5 games of 1 for 2 as half of you "50% or worse". So they only could be successful by your standard is to have had 5 more perfect games. See the problem? Those 5 games account for 10 opportunities.

Two more were 2 for 5. You call that not good. So to meet your standard -- you called those failures -- they would have to had 1 for 5 which is 20%. That would not be perfect but near-perfect. -- 20%. No one has a 20% failure rate for any sustained amount of time.

The reason it's 34.8% because 2 other games were 0 for 3 and 0 for 5.

Of the five successful games you said Rams were "extremely well" 4 were perfect and the other was 1 for 4.

The point? Your expectations are not reasonable and your standards for even "extremely well" are almost unattainable and even in those games you discount them.

Sorry, but this is off base (to be kind).

He always had one of the top 10 red zone defenses imho.
You got one right.

Look, you can believe anything you want or not believe the actual verifiable facts. Some people honestly think we didn't go to the moon, too. Does not make them right,

Let's be honest, every challenge you threw out I answered and in every case the Rams were better, some FAR better than you expected.
So even in the research you provided you discredited your own thesis.

Come on, it's time, at long last, to admit you are wrong and have been all along. No?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

View: https://x.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1751497588908642466?s=20

Jourdan Rodrigue
@JourdanRodrigue
·
10m
What an extraordinary day for Zac Robinson and his family. He and his wife welcomed a son into the world on the same day he accepted the Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator position, according to a source with direct knowledge. Am told mom and baby are doing great.

To commemorate the auspicious culmination of the events, Zac has decided to name his son Falcon!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I believe, while playing for George Allen with the Rams, Roman Gabriel named a son Ram Allen Gabriel
... No Blue Font.
Interesting, and odd. But not too odd. I wanted to name my son Heron after the great inventor, Heron of Alexandria (no affiliation:zany1:). But my wife wasn’t having it and my son thanked her years later.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really hope McVay and Morris had a gentleman's agreement that he could take 1 coach with him, and not pilfer any more than that

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I really hope McVay and Morris had a gentleman's agreement that he could take 1 coach with him, and not pilfer any more than that
I just don't think that's a thing.
These guys are moving on to better positions, not lateral moves. I think that it would go against McVay's nature to stop guys from getting a chance to grow and to make more money.
Just means McVay needs to be up to date on the coaching marketplace to backfill those positions. He hit home runs last offseason.. maybe his picking their brains as well.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
With a name like Cooper I wonder if Kupp will be his godfather. Congrats to Zac and family and his daughter in that pic looks like she's thinking "what the hell have you just brought home."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just don't think that's a thing.
These guys are moving on to better positions, not lateral moves. I think that it would go against McVay's nature to stop guys from getting a chance to grow and to make more money.
Just means McVay needs to be up to date on the coaching marketplace to backfill those positions. He hit home runs last offseason.. maybe his picking their brains as well.
Not sure what this has to do with my comment.
McVay cant stop any position coach from interviewing for a coord spot, we all know that. Morris could take anyone else he wants to be his DC, and I am hoping he doesnt further deplete the Rams staff.
McVay will block lateral moves, the ship on letting that go has sailed
So yeah, hoping that there's a professional courtesy to not bludgeon any further, down 3 asst/coord already

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Not sure what this has to do with my comment.
McVay cant stop any position coach from interviewing for a coord spot, we all know that. Morris could take anyone else he wants to be his DC, and I am hoping he doesnt further deplete the Rams staff.
McVay will block lateral moves, the ship on letting that go has sailed
So yeah, hoping that there's a professional courtesy to not bludgeon any further, down 3 asst/coord already
To clarify… I don’t think McVay would do something like that to artificially stifle that career of one of his coaches.
The professional courtesy you’re suggesting would be a discourtesy to his own staff.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To clarify… I don’t think McVay would do something like that to artificially stifle that career of one of his coaches.
The professional courtesy you’re suggesting would be a discourtesy to his own staff.
Is this a serious response?
Good lord
Are you that bored that you need to strawman an argument??

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Is this a serious response?
Good lord
Are you that bored that you need to strawman an argument??
I guess?

I’m sorry if I’m confusing something.

I thought you said you hoped that McVay & Raheem had a gentleman’s agreement to not take more than one coach?

Did I get that wrong?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess?

I’m sorry if I’m confusing something.

I thought you said you hoped that McVay & Raheem had a gentleman’s agreement to not take more than one coach?

Did I get that wrong?
I hope that Raheem doesn’t take more than 1 coach.
Sorry it’s too intelligent of a concept for you.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I hope that Raheem doesn’t take more than 1 coach.
Sorry it’s too intelligent of a concept for you.
Dude.
Your first post literally said you hope they have a gentleman’s agreement.

Maybe understand what you’re posting before getting snarky.

Jeebus

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I believe, while playing for George Allen with the Rams, Roman Gabriel named a son Ram Allen Gabriel
... No Blue Font.
George's daughter Jennifer named her firstborn son "Roman" and he second son "Deacon". Respect went deep both ways

Tano

Legend
Of course you dont.
Now go ahead and apply these same restrictions for the other 31 teams and come back to us. You can't just change up the parameters for one team an be like "see they're actually not that good". Those numbers are from 21-23, not just this season.
I'm just saying 50% is a bad percentage imho. Not saying other teams are better or worse.

And I would have liked Morris to blitz more often on 3rd & 10 to 20. Not all the time - maybe 25% of the time.

I don't remember him once blitzing.

But that is just a preference.

Doesn't mean I am right.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Raheem is a culture builder. That Falcons team needs a cultural makeover in a big way. I think he will be a great fit. I wish him well, except when he plays the Rams.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I'm just saying 50% is a bad percentage imho. Not saying other teams are better or worse.
And I am saying you need context. Half your 50-percenters are games with 1 for 2. The other is

And I would have liked Morris to blitz more often on 3rd & 10 to 20. Not all the time - maybe 25% of the time.
Stop changing the subject. You've moved the goalpost about a million times from 3rd and long, 3rd and 15, 3rd and medium, 3rd and 10-20 outside of two minutes and also outside the red zone, anything to try and prove your thesis ... not you are not admitting you were in error about the percentages and you've moved to the strategy.

Just consider ending it.

I don't remember him once blitzing.
Easily proved wrong -- Rams blitz most third downs. All you need to do is go back to Lions playoff game. In fact, I posted all 3rd downs for that game... or go to any game.

And I could pull up plenty of examples ... but I think you'd try to change the subject again. I get it you are just not going to be open to what I have to say and what I have shown and that's cool ... you are certainly free to believe anything you choose.

Doesn't mean I am right.
I get that. You are trying to be fair, I know you really are ... but what happened and what you are remembering are not the same thing.

Tano

Legend
Easily proved wrong -- Rams blitz most third downs. All you need to do is go back to Lions playoff game. In fact, I posted all 3rd downs for that game... or go to any game.
Stop changing the subject. You've moved the goalpost about a million times from 3rd and long, 3rd and 15, 3rd and medium, 3rd and 10-20 outside of two minutes and also outside the red zone, anything to try and prove your thesis ... not you are not admitting you were in error about the percentages and you've moved to the strategy.

Just consider ending it.
Dude - do you really think you are understanding what I am trying to say,

I had one critique of Morris and that was how he played his 3rd and 10 to 20.

I have said many times I liked how he did with his defense this year.

So I disagreed with those plays - it's just my opinion and this board is for opinions not facts no matter how much you want to spout statistics.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Dude - do you really think you are understanding what I am trying to say,

I had one critique of Morris and that was how he played his 3rd and 10 to 20.

Yes---and they did well, about 35% rate --- which is good. So yes, took great pains to make sure you got whatever parameters you wanted in every case ... you decided and I provided.

I have said many times I liked how he did with his defense this year.
yes, you did. And yet for some reason, the only year you analyzed was this year because you said you found 10 bad games -- "bad" by your definition,

it's just my opinion and this board is for opinions not facts
Very well aware of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.